BMW has been busy preparing the next generation X5 Sport Activity Vehicle. The all new X5 will go on sale in 2013, likely as a model year 2014. Spied hot weather testing BMW is not ready giveaway the body lines of the new X5 just yet. What we can tell is that the headlights appear to connect to the front kidney grills similar to the F30 3 series. Otherwise the styling is generally the same. The rear tail lights show are test mule place holders, expect a 5 series style wrap around light in the rear. The body size and wheel base has also grown a few inches in each direction to increase interior capacity and road going ability.
Under the skin the X5 will share the general drivetrain components from the recently launched BMW X3, expanding on BMW's 'X for all' concept. Engines will be updated versions of the current engines and I wouldn't be surprised to see an 4 cylinder N20 powered X5, but perhaps not state side.
With the new X5 about a year out who's already anxiously awaiting the latest X5?
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- N55 AR 4" catless downpipe fitment issue! PLEASE HELP
- Universal lip kit
- Great prices on parts at Roadshow BMW
- Transmission and differential fluid
- Help! Expected maintenance costs for 2008 328i 85,000 miles?
- FS: all weather mats / trunk liner / key case
- 2006 325xi base model
- Adaptive Headlight Problem diagnosing question
- Brake malfunction?