Frozen Paint - Everything you've ever wanted to know - Including Washing & Detailing
tags:matte silver matte paint matte blue matte black matt russell limited edition m3 limited edition frozen silver frozen paint frozen monte carlo blue frozen gray m3 frozen blue m3 e92 m3 forum e90 forum bmw news bmw forum
Frozen paint, or paint that is intentionally clear coated with a matte finish is all the rage right now. It started in 2011 with BMW's limited edition Frozen Gray E92 M3 run. The frozen finish is not for an average buyer and requires extra care, so much so that BMW required you to sign a paint wavier before they would let you take delivery of your car.
Most recently BMW showed up at the New York Auto Show with this Frozen Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3. The guys at DRIVE CLEAN were blown away with the color and finish, so much so that they headed over to BMW of North America headquarters to get more information on BMW's frozen paint as well as how to care and clean it from the master paint technician at BMW.
I love the look of a frozen paint car but the care level required is not something I could deal with. Would you trade the convenience and easy of paint care for the frozen look?
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Rear differential recondition or exchange
- Armrest USB stopped playing music
- E90 55 plate Breather Pipe Issue
- New Popping / Settling Sound 335i
- Severe rumble/vibration after lowering springs
- My wipers dead - #39 FUSE
- Airbag Recall - Anyone had it done?
- Looking at 2011 328I HT convertable
- Engine start issue. E91 2007 n43. DIS 57 tested.
- E93 2009 cabrio usb not working