The BMW M4, the F30 based M3 coupe replacement was once again spied testing. BMW is renaming the 3 series coupe and convertible to the 4 series and therefore the M version of the coupe and convertible receive the M4 naming. The body work is mostly cladding designed to hide the final design from our prying spy photographers.
So far things we can tell about the 2015 BMW M4 include:
- Blue brakes - Large cross drilled brake rotors and blue calipers that look like they're off the BMW M6
- No sunroof - The test mule is sporting a carbon fiber roof, similar to the M6 coupe
- Quad exhaust - The sign of an M car from the rear
- 19 inch wheels - Slender 10 'double spoke' style rims will be stock with a 20 inch optional wheel we have yet to see
- Its wide - While the fender shape has been hidden under camo the extra width of the car is obvious.
BMW has done a good job keeping the details from us with the bolted on extra body cladding and front and rear dummy lighting. Even the mirrors look to be borrowed from the F30 sedan parts bins, which will be replaced by launch time with something M4 specific.
There is much more to be revealed and we expect BMW to tease us with more and more naked test mules leading up to the launch. Anyone holding their breath it is going to be awhile, we're at least a year and a half away from seeing the M4 concept car. Who's has the all new M4 on their wish list?
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Thinking of a 2012 3 series
- Pulsation when braking
- 335 xdrive kw v1 coilover install
- Daft question but.....
- Computer reset - drive cycles
- How Do I Stack the Top Safely ???
- JB4 reading in 1500 increments?
- Air filter removal, motor died? New here!
- N52 Intake Camshaft removal/install - need spring remover?
- oil consumption -consumer reports