The F30 based M3 Sedan, chassis code F80, is still a good ways from being shown in the final sheet metal but BMW teases us with a new detail on this test mule. The hood power dome, a M3 signature feature that started on the E46 M3 will make its way onto the F80 M3 sedan.
Previously spotted test mules were spied with a standard F30 hood or a hood heavily disguised. The power dome is difficult to see in these shots and appears to perhaps be smaller then the dome on the hood of the E92 M3. The functionality of the dome itself is questionable with the return of a straight six twin turbo motor (triple turbo motor has been ruled out). A little hood bulge history, the E46 M3 was purely cosmetic, the E92 M3 semi-functional and for this M3 I'm guessing we are back to cosmetics.
The power dome shape appears similar to the E92 M3, and could be close to the same size with the wider hood of the F30 making it appear smaller. Other M3 features we can see on this test mule include:
- 19 inch standard rims with a 20 inch rim as an option.
- Upgraded brakes with cross drilled rotors.
- Blue brake calipers that look like they came off the BMW M6. Not sure if we'll see carbon ceramic brakes on the M3.
- Quad exhaust tips at the rear. The trailer hitch is for testing, don't think we'll get that option.
For M3 coupe fans, start getting use to calling it the BMW M4. BMW is keeping the M4 coupe under tighter wraps as we have not even seen the 4 series coupe yet but we have a few M4 spy pictures.
Who is waiting for the F80 M3 sedan? Does anyone have a deposit down with their local dealer already?
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- 2007 328xi idle and hesitation issues
- Headlight bulb replacement fixed my cruise control
- Bmw e46 eibac suspension to e90 328i?
- Oil leak, HELP!
- Sport Tires?
- Belt Brake.
- 335is convertible chubbiness
- WTB: BMW Performance Exhaust
- How to tell if your waterpump has already been replaced
- 2011 328i performance upgrades