The F30 3 Series driver experience button can have either three or four mods. All F30s will have Eco Pro, Comfort and Sport. There has been much confusion about why some F30s have a forth mode, Sport + while others do not. I found the answer in a BMW technical F30 document. F30 3 series get Sport + Driver experience mode with one or more of the following options -
- Sport Automatic Transmission (2TB)
- Variable sport steering (2VL)
- Adaptive M Sport suspension (2VL)
- Sport Line
This information is from a 2012 document so there is no mention of M sport but I would assume that M sport also gives you Sport +. This should clear up the confusion about which cars have Sport + and why.
What does Sport + driver mode gives you? Surprisingly little. It allows you to turn off Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and turn on Dynamic Traction Control (DTC). That's it, no other changes. So if you don't have Sport + as a driving mode you're not missing much. From my driving experiences with the Bimmerfest Project 328i I found DTC to be almost as invasive as DSC. Both systems pull back wheel spin and don't let you get sideways.
Does anyone have an M Sport without any of the options listed above and can confirm they have Sport + as a driver mode?
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- E92 day zero problems.......oil leak
- What warranty would you pick
- Coolant Leak O-ring
- Looking at 2008 335I
- 2006 330i Seatbelt problem
- Avoiding having the dealer wash the car when it is in for service.
- Brake changing - unable to get the drivers side to bleed after trying for at least 30
- 07 328xi a/c port
- Recharge 328xi A/C
- HELP!! Anyone with experience fighting claims with after market warranty.