The F30 3 Series driver experience button can have either three or four modes, which cars have three and which have four has been a source of confusion for F30 owners. To start all F30s will have Eco Pro, Comfort and Sport. Why some F30s have a forth mode, Sport + while others do not is outlined in BMW technical F30 documents. F30 3 series get Sport + Driver experience mode with one or more of the following options -
- Sport Automatic Transmission (2TB)
- Variable sport steering (2VL)
- Adaptive M Sport suspension (2VL)
- Sport Line
This information is from a 2012 document so there is no mention of M sport but I would assume that M sport also gives you Sport +. This should clear up the confusion about which cars have Sport + and why.
What does Sport + driver mode gives you? Surprisingly little. It allows you to turn off Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and turn on Dynamic Traction Control (DTC). That's it, no other changes. So if you don't have Sport + as a driving mode you're not missing much. From my driving experiences with the Bimmerfest Project 328i I found DTC to be almost as invasive as DSC. Both systems pull back wheel spin and don't let you get sideways.
Does anyone have an M Sport without any of the options listed above and can confirm they have Sport + as a driver mode?
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- N54 Mystery rattle
- 13' BMW 328I COUPE stock halogen or xenon lights?
- Anyone happen to know anything about Thule cargo boxes?
- CEL p1415, p0174, p0171
- Looking for E91 LCI Mud Guards
- Burning Smell Help!!!
- xenon headlights
- Warning light sympol help
- Selling my E90 335i, your opinion on my pricing would be great!!
- i'm new to the BMW GAME PLEASE HELP M E