For model year 2013 BMW released the F30 3 series with their all wheel drive, xDrive system. There has been some confusion about the suspension options available for xDrive F30s. The 2013 3 series ordering guide is clear that BMW is not offering the sport suspension on the xDrive F30. BMW however is offering the Adaptive M Suspension and the Dynamic Handling Package, which also includes the Adaptive M Suspension. The Adaptive M Suspension offered for the rear wheel drive F30 includes a 10mm lower sport spring, the same spring that is offer on the sport suspension.
On the xDrive all wheel drive variants of the 3 series the Adaptive M Suspension will NOT lower the ride height of the car. Regardless of package and options all xDrive F30s will have the same ride height. We believe this is to keep the front drive axle CV joint angles as straight at possible as additional lowering would put them outside of allowable factory specifications.
I know this will be a disappointment to some of you that have an xDrive F30 in your future.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Question: 18" wheels on bmw 328i 2011
- Any difference between 2007 and 2012 E92
- SES light is on
- Upgrading turbos questions
- 2008 bmw 335 inner halo not working
- Cruise Control Retrofit without LDM / E90 330i 12/2005
- Do I have xenon or halogen headlights?
- Brakes dust covers for 2008 335i
- Brakes for 2008 335i
- N52 Jerks on light throttle, LTFT differences between banks