For model year 2013 BMW released the F30 3 series with their all wheel drive, xDrive system. There has been some confusion about the suspension options available for xDrive F30s. The 2013 3 series ordering guide is clear that BMW is not offering the sport suspension on the xDrive F30. BMW however is offering the Adaptive M Suspension and the Dynamic Handling Package, which also includes the Adaptive M Suspension. The Adaptive M Suspension offered for the rear wheel drive F30 includes a 10mm lower sport spring, the same spring that is offer on the sport suspension.
On the xDrive all wheel drive variants of the 3 series the Adaptive M Suspension will NOT lower the ride height of the car. Regardless of package and options all xDrive F30s will have the same ride height. We believe this is to keep the front drive axle CV joint angles as straight at possible as additional lowering would put them outside of allowable factory specifications.
I know this will be a disappointment to some of you that have an xDrive F30 in your future.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Cannot lock bmw due to car flat battery and I have only got a fob not a key??
- 230 style Rims on e92 20i
- Idrive Update for 2013 328i xdrive
- E91 - active headrest cable
- Debating changing my stock radio
- Transfer case leak / repair question
- Electric Waterpump Life expectancy?
- 2007 BMW 328i Sedan Spark Plugs cost $110???
- TPMS Sensors
- engine oil pressure low.stop