For model year 2013 BMW released the F30 3 series with their all wheel drive, xDrive system. There has been some confusion about the suspension options available for xDrive F30s. The 2013 3 series ordering guide is clear that BMW is not offering the sport suspension on the xDrive F30. BMW however is offering the Adaptive M Suspension and the Dynamic Handling Package, which also includes the Adaptive M Suspension. The Adaptive M Suspension offered for the rear wheel drive F30 includes a 10mm lower sport spring, the same spring that is offer on the sport suspension.
On the xDrive all wheel drive variants of the 3 series the Adaptive M Suspension will NOT lower the ride height of the car. Regardless of package and options all xDrive F30s will have the same ride height. We believe this is to keep the front drive axle CV joint angles as straight at possible as additional lowering would put them outside of allowable factory specifications.
I know this will be a disappointment to some of you that have an xDrive F30 in your future.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- $25 for a full automotive detail, discounted to $12!
- Replace Radio with Nav 2006 325xi
- About E90's Performance Suspension Replacing
- 2010 E90 Replacement Low Beam Bulb
- Active Headrests - Reconnecting...
- 2011 335i m sport sedan or 2012 m sport 335i?
- Rebuilt title warranty for a 328i
- please help.
- 100,000 mile club
- New Member: 335d help advice etc