For model year 2013 BMW released the F30 3 series with their all wheel drive, xDrive system. There has been some confusion about the suspension options available for xDrive F30s. The 2013 3 series ordering guide is clear that BMW is not offering the sport suspension on the xDrive F30. BMW however is offering the Adaptive M Suspension and the Dynamic Handling Package, which also includes the Adaptive M Suspension. The Adaptive M Suspension offered for the rear wheel drive F30 includes a 10mm lower sport spring, the same spring that is offer on the sport suspension.
On the xDrive all wheel drive variants of the 3 series the Adaptive M Suspension will NOT lower the ride height of the car. Regardless of package and options all xDrive F30s will have the same ride height. We believe this is to keep the front drive axle CV joint angles as straight at possible as additional lowering would put them outside of allowable factory specifications.
I know this will be a disappointment to some of you that have an xDrive F30 in your future.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Can someone help me with this error codes?
- Help on buying a 335 xdrive
- Halogen to Xenon wiring, coding help!
- New shocks for 2006 BMW 325i
- Selling Brand New Snow Performance Meth Kit
- Is it safe to bleed the power steering pump with the wheels on the ground?
- Urgent help - Water in power steering fluid reservoi
- E92 Bass cutting out
- Wheel Spacers - 335i
- 2007 328xi - Help with angel eye and xenon conversion brand suggestions