For model year 2013 BMW released the F30 3 series with their all wheel drive, xDrive system. There has been some confusion about the suspension options available for xDrive F30s. The 2013 3 series ordering guide is clear that BMW is not offering the sport suspension on the xDrive F30. BMW however is offering the Adaptive M Suspension and the Dynamic Handling Package, which also includes the Adaptive M Suspension. The Adaptive M Suspension offered for the rear wheel drive F30 includes a 10mm lower sport spring, the same spring that is offer on the sport suspension.
On the xDrive all wheel drive variants of the 3 series the Adaptive M Suspension will NOT lower the ride height of the car. Regardless of package and options all xDrive F30s will have the same ride height. We believe this is to keep the front drive axle CV joint angles as straight at possible as additional lowering would put them outside of allowable factory specifications.
I know this will be a disappointment to some of you that have an xDrive F30 in your future.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- 2 questions. Hope I'm not hogging...
- Manufacturers Now Locking In HIGH PRICES
- How do I get a copy of extended warranty prior to purchase?!
- Grinding noise coming from dash
- Backup camera malfunction
- Your 335d & 335i engine oil consumption
- Extended warranty for 2011 BMW 328i Sedan
- Jack - 2008 328i
- Worst mods
- Left my moon roof angled open over night and it rained...