The BMW R7 motorcycle won best-in-class in the Motorcycle class at the 2012 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. The award was received by Karl Baumer, Head of BMW Group Classic.
“The BMW R7 is one of the most extraordinary motorcycles in our collection,” noted Baumer upon receiving the award. “We are delighted that the effort to bring the BMW R7 to the Pebble Beach Concours was rewarded with Best in Class for Motorcycles.”
The 2012 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance featured motorcycles from Germany. On the cusp of its 90th year of motorcycle production it was only natural that BMW would feature prominently.
The BMW R7 motorcycle was created in 1934 at the height of the art deco movement which heavily influenced its design. It was created as a concept but never put into production making this R7 the only one of its kind in the world. It had not been seen for nearly 70 years when it was discovered in 2005 whereupon it was painstakingly restored by BMW Group Classic. It is now a part of BMW Group Classic’s extensive collection of significant BMW cars and motorcycles.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- E92 LCI Front Bumper w/intercooler
- water pump for XI models ??
- Engine Smoking
- Do you guy's think my 2007 bmw 335i e90 is totaled?
- Multiple misfire on single bank (4, 5 & 6)
- any bmw 325i repair shops/mechanic near polaris crossing area, colombus, OH
- Dealer states I need new fuel injectors.
- Clutch and transmission torques
- Interesting door lock issue.
- Low Washer Fluid Indicator