The BMW R7 motorcycle won best-in-class in the Motorcycle class at the 2012 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. The award was received by Karl Baumer, Head of BMW Group Classic.
“The BMW R7 is one of the most extraordinary motorcycles in our collection,” noted Baumer upon receiving the award. “We are delighted that the effort to bring the BMW R7 to the Pebble Beach Concours was rewarded with Best in Class for Motorcycles.”
The 2012 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance featured motorcycles from Germany. On the cusp of its 90th year of motorcycle production it was only natural that BMW would feature prominently.
The BMW R7 motorcycle was created in 1934 at the height of the art deco movement which heavily influenced its design. It was created as a concept but never put into production making this R7 the only one of its kind in the world. It had not been seen for nearly 70 years when it was discovered in 2005 whereupon it was painstakingly restored by BMW Group Classic. It is now a part of BMW Group Classic’s extensive collection of significant BMW cars and motorcycles.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- reside on windshield and then wipers start to skip
- motor sound at 1200 RPM
- Anyone know what rims these are?
- e90 320i vibrations & shaking steering wheel when braking
- '07 335i Coupe Battery Issue
- Oil reset problem
- Engine noise at cold temperature (Harm Balancer?)
- A radio question...
- BMW 12-up "modern line" all weather mats
- E92 Xenon projector dislodged ??? plz help