BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
23K views 76 replies 50 participants last post by  hikamabp 
#1 · (Edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZVrnd9V7sk&feature=player_embedded

The BMW M3 gives you a lot of confidence behind the wheel. In this case little Billy (or whatever his name is) had more confidence in his E46 M3 then the laws of physics allowed for. It looks like the front wheels got light going over the crest of the hill and he failed to increase steering angle or really do much to attempt to correct before slamming into the rocks. Thankfully, thought the wonders of GoPro, we can all enjoy his spectacular failure. I can't say I'm surprised at the outcome, young driver and a high powered M3 is a recipe for an accident. I'm just glad he wasn't hurt.

Driver Description:
"Well it happened at South Mountain park in Phoenix AZ. One of my buddies and I were out just having fun and driving until I came up on a deceptive corner, misjudged it and it happened. No injuries. The car was a total loss. Misjudgment of the road caused the accident."

Watch an E92 M3 Driver getting it wrong in the rain

#3 ·
It appears that he neglected one of the Cardinal Rules of driving fast:

"Always look *where you want to go*....if you look off into the weeds, that`s exactly where you`ll end up"....

Waste of a perfectly good car....:thumbdwn:

#4 ·
One of the things they teach you in the MSF course, is the yellow line is a cliff and you DO NOT cross it. This kid crossed it on blind curves several times. When he went off, it looked to me like classic target fixation; he didn't seem to try to correct at all.
I say it's a good thing he wadded it up on his own and hopefully a parent will take away his keys until he learns a little responsibility and car control.

#9 · (Edited)
Fool never even tried to take the curve in my opinion. Between the way he was driving(looked like an 8 year old that didnt know how to drive a golf cart let alone a car), the way he looked after the wreck etc, the salesman who sold his parents that car for him to drive should be shot, often.....

As for the parents? Perfect example of why some people should be force sterilized :flame:

#10 ·
I'm really impressed with the camera mount. Most fly off with that sort of impact.

Basically, the idiot kid overdrove his vision - he couldn't see that the road dropped away and turned at the same time. Cars don't turn or brake well (or at all) when the suspension is unloaded. Give the age, he also probably didn't understand car dynamics well, as his style looks more suited to video games (crossing over the middle line, etc).

#15 ·
Give the age, he also probably didn't understand car dynamics well, as his style looks more suited to video games (crossing over the middle line, etc).
yes, but in video games you get unlimited "do overs"

#39 ·
My daughter (19) bought BOTH her cars in CASH. First one was $2600 and she worked from the time she was 14 to save up for it. And when she wrecked that one, she saved another $1000 to buy her next one. SHE has an appreciation for hard work, but being surrounded by friends whose parents give them everything fills her with a sense of entitlement.

I have to remind her nobody gives you anything in this life, you make what you make by your own sweat. That is how it should be, but is rapidly changing in America. I fear my little ones (8 and 6) won't have the chance to work hard and be rewarded like I was.
It pisses me off at school to see all the punks driving around new E92s, and daddys girls having leased E90s or other BMWs. Having been in school with them 10-11 years prior, I can tell you they're not the sharpest knife in the block, and spend their weekends worshipping the temple of alcohol (I come from a town that is known for its parties as much as its academic successes) while I was working my ass off without my own car. I also held off on learning to drive because I didn't feel ready yet. I abhor and fear for the future of my peers. Good on your daughter buying her cars.

#46 ·
It pisses me off at school to see all the punks driving around new E92s, and daddys girls having leased E90s or other BMWs. Having been in school with them 10-11 years prior, I can tell you they're not the sharpest knife in the block, and spend their weekends worshipping the temple of alcohol (I come from a town that is known for its parties as much as its academic successes) while I was working my ass off without my own car. I also held off on learning to drive because I didn't feel ready yet. I abhor and fear for the future of my peers. Good on your daughter buying her cars.
Wrong to get aggravated with your peers. You will have a better life than they do.
Be nice to them for your own sake. You will be an even better person for it.

#14 ·
MalibuMafiaV;7024161[B said:
]I don't even see how you could crash right there.... it's on flat ground. What in the hell?[/B] lol. Glad hes ok though.
Exactly, what I'm wondering as well. Kids!

#18 ·
Don't worry, he earned enough for an extra life.

So, did he show his parents that video? He definitely got fixated, but what I find more disturbing was his seating position - the seat back's too far away and he was using his shoulders to steer. Very little control whatsoever.

:banghead::banghead:

#23 · (Edited)
Such idiot! Luckily didn't kill anyone, but that so called "accident" was sure thing already when he got to that car.

He would have probably done just the same with some other car as well. :p

#27 ·
Take a look at how this guy is sitting ... he's clearly not supported by the back of his seat, it's probably in stupid "recline/drive-by mode". If you want to race and want to drive like a racer, you have to learn to at least sit correctly and get the right support from your seats. That would have given him better visibility, better steering response and he would feel the car a lot more.

#35 · (Edited)
There are some very good young drivers and some very bad older drivers but statistically a young driver in a high performance car can be a recipe for disaster.

CA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.