First Details on Remus F30 328i Exhaust

by Tim Jones on September 5, 2012, 5:56 pm
F30 328i Remus Exhaust

Few cars need an aftermarket exhaust more then the F30 328i. The N20 turbo 4 cylinders power plants major down fall is its diesel like ticking and banging, especially at start up. To make matters worse the stock exhaust has almost no growl or start up burble to help mask the undesirable engine noise. Get out on the road and the exhaust sound is flat and uninspiring. In short the F30 328i does not sound like the Ultimate Driving Machine.

Remus has just teased us with the initial details on their F30 328i sport exhaust. Offered in two flavors, a stock layout, dual left handed pipe setup and a semi-wild layout with quad tips on the left and ride side. The initial offering will be with 76mm chrome tips but it sounds like other tip options are coming. The exhaust is not setup for the M Sport kit unfortunately and the left and right tips will require cutting your rear bumper to order accordingly.

Pricing -
  • Left only, dual outlets - P/N: 086012 0504 List: $866.00
  • Left / Right, quad outlets - P/N: 086012 1504 List: $1285.00

For more info check out www.remususa.com and stay tuned to Bimmerfest.com. Will you be getting an aftermarket exhaust for your F30?

Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.

14 responses to First Details on Remus F30 328i Exhaust

stook2001 commented:
September 6, 2012, 10:08 am

Sound clip?
OBS3SSION commented:
September 6, 2012, 10:15 am

Interesting... want to hear it.
GVFlyer commented:
September 6, 2012, 12:39 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
F30 328i Remus Exhaust

Few cars need an aftermarket exhaust more then the F30 328i. The N20 turbo 4 cylinders power plants major down fall is its diesel like ticking and banging, especially at start up. To make matters worse the stock exhaust has almost no growl or start up burble to help mask the undesirable engine noise. Get out on the road and the exhaust sound is flat and inspiring. In short the F30 328i does not sound like the Ultimate Driving Machine.

Remus has just teased us with the initial details on their F30 328i sport exhaust. Offered in two flavors, a stock layout, dual left handed pipe setup and a semi-wild layout with quad tips on the left and ride side. The initial offering will be with 76mm chrome tips but it sounds like other tip options are coming. The exhaust is not setup for the M Sport kit unfortunately and the left and right tips will require cutting your rear bumper to order accordingly.

Pricing
  • Left only, dual outlets - P/N: 086012 0504 List: $866.00
  • Left / Right, quad outlets - P/N: 086012 1504 List: $1285.00

For more info check out www.remususa.com and stay tuned to Bimmerfest.com. Will you be getting an aftermarket exhaust for your F30?

Uninspiring?
tim330i commented:
September 6, 2012, 12:43 pm

Thanks. Fixed.
dtc100 commented:
September 6, 2012, 12:45 pm

Quote:
Thanks. Fixed.
Tim, I did not know you had such a low opinion of the sound of the new 328i. Even I was not that critical of it.
tim330i commented:
September 6, 2012, 12:49 pm

You get use to the start up noises and such and there isn't much you can do about that. But there is something you can do about the lack of 'oomph' sounds when you stomp on it. I think a exhaust with some growl will really make driving the F30 328i come to life.

Tim
dtc100 commented:
September 6, 2012, 1:02 pm

Quote:
You get use to the start up noises and such and there isn't much you can do about that. But there is something you can do about the lack of 'oomph' sounds when you stomp on it. I think a exhaust with some growl will really make driving the F30 328i come to life.

Tim
Since the 335i already can be ordered with the PE installed at the port, how long do you think before the 328i can be ordered with a PE installed? Supposedly the BMW PE for the N20 will be available soon.
tim330i commented:
September 6, 2012, 1:04 pm

I think an M Performance Parts exhaust for the N30 328i is just rumor at this point.

Tim
justinnum1 commented:
September 6, 2012, 1:09 pm

Quote:
I think an M Performance Parts exhaust for the N30 328i is just rumor at this point.

Tim
Have you heard the m performance on the 335? how is it?
tim330i commented:
September 6, 2012, 1:24 pm

I haven't. I had meant to try and record sounds from the F30 M Performance Parts car that BMW brought to Bimmerfest East two weeks ago but we didn't have time.

Tim
justinnum1 commented:
September 6, 2012, 1:29 pm

Quote:
I haven't. I had meant to try and record sounds from the F30 M Performance Parts car that BMW brought to Bimmerfest East two weeks ago but we didn't have time.

Tim
Oh. But were you able to hear it?
tim330i commented:
September 6, 2012, 2:35 pm

No the car came and went while I was busy with other stuff

Tim
ModBargains III commented:
September 6, 2012, 2:46 pm

Don't want to derail the information on this thread, lets keep it going. We've got more info on it here as well if you'd like to read, but I don't want to copy and paste this in and derail the thread of course:

Remus BMW F30 328i Axle Back Exhaust

I'll be here to help if you guys want to check availability, shipping cost etc...
dtc100 commented:
September 6, 2012, 3:25 pm

I assume axle back means replacing the stock muffler only, no other changes?

Sound clip and dyno chart? Do you guys include (or provide) installation and before/after dynos?