Cadillac ATS - Esquire Car of the Year

by Tim Jones on September 13, 2012, 12:32 pm
 Cadillac ATS is Esquire Car of the Year

"It's been heartening to watch the American auto industry re-assert itself over the last couple of years. The ATS is an exciting new chapter in that process-a balls to the wall effort at reinvention. It's fantastic", said the editor-in-chief of Esquire, David Granger.

Read more - http://www.inautonews.com/2013-cadil...r#.UFIJmqPkqew

Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.

7 responses to Cadillac ATS - Esquire Car of the Year

OBS3SSION commented:
September 13, 2012, 4:52 pm

Sweet! More competition can only be a good thing.
mdsbuc commented:
September 13, 2012, 7:52 pm

In '05 when I joined the fest, the only cars that were discussed as worthy competitors to BMWs were other German brands, and occasionally a Japanese brand or two. I'm glad to see American brands coming back into the conversation, not just for the sake of it, but because the cars themselves are really becoming very competitive, well designed and well built. I've been very satisfied with my CTS which I bought after selling my E60. The F10 had become just too big and too disconnected for me.

I'd seriously consider the ATS next year if it wasn't for the fact that I've got a trip planned to Europe in April, and that I have an opportunity to do a second ED. This, and that I've been totally smitten by the F30 have the new 3er pretty much a lock for my next family car. I'm excited to see how the ATS is received by the public and hope that it is a big success for GM.

brkf commented:
September 16, 2012, 1:13 am

Good. Dealer finally called that they have a turbo in stock. Already picked up my F30 so i'll wait 2 years to drive one.
Dave 330i commented:
September 16, 2012, 8:39 am

Exterior appearance is important to me. For that reason, 1series (looks like an odd boat) , Corvettes (cheap all over), all Audis (too much roundness) and Cadillac (kids' transformers) are out even if they have the hottest engines and best handling cars in the world.
wyb commented:
September 16, 2012, 7:57 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 330i View Post
Exterior appearance is important to me. For that reason, 1series (looks like an odd boat) , Corvettes (cheap all over), all Audis (too much roundness) and Cadillac (kids' transformers) are out even if they have the hottest engines and best handling cars in the world.
we all have our criteria to determine the "right" car for ourselves - and while I see merit in your criticism of these marques - each is a single criticism - my next car will be evaluated in about 2 years time - I can't say what my PRIMARY factor will be then - it *might* be cost/vfm - but if I have my way, it will be performance for the money - I'm hoping to step to a 991, or maybe if I'm persuaded on the value of 4 doors, an M5 - but who knows.. you make your choices at the time you make them.. they only have to be right for you... I really don't care if they're wron you or my neighbor, or some other fool on the internetz - do you??!
Dave 330i commented:
September 25, 2012, 12:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyb View Post
we all have our criteria to determine the "right" car for ourselves - and while I see merit in your criticism of these marques - each is a single criticism - my next car will be evaluated in about 2 years time - I can't say what my PRIMARY factor will be then - it *might* be cost/vfm - but if I have my way, it will be performance for the money - I'm hoping to step to a 991, or maybe if I'm persuaded on the value of 4 doors, an M5 - but who knows.. you make your choices at the time you make them.. they only have to be right for you... I really don't care if they're wron you or my neighbor, or some other fool on the internetz - do you??!
Nope. Old guys do not have time to make mistakes or have time for regrets so I will go with what was right before. I doubt Buick drivers will go for the Camaro.
FLE39 commented:
October 23, 2012, 9:44 pm

Front end and hood looks like they stole a lot from the C class, CTS & Audi. They pulled a GM Hyundai. Front end looks very Hyundai designed.. just like a knock off. Pretty easy to look at the front end and say "Hey, it's trying to be something". BMW, Audi & Benze CREATE their own design. Again, all my opinions. I'd expect a front end like that from Hyundai.

Edit: officially a C300 knock off front end. With some GM muscle/corvette culture in that cowl cue. CTS headlights. odd fogs.