On 14 September 2012 the BMW Driving Academy opened for business. This new BMW Group driver training center just outside Munich lies close to the heart of the company, with barely 30 kilometers separating it from BMW headquarters. The site of what used to be the Fürstenfeldbruck airfield in Maisach covers some 130 hectares (1.3 million square meters) – an ample area on which to simulate and practice every conceivable type of driving maneuver and situation.
“The new facility in Maisach allows us to offer our customers an array of new training options, something that hasn’t been possible up to now due to space restrictions,” says Robert Eichlinger, Head of BMW and MINI Driving Experience. “Here, our customers can now experience and learn to deal with driving situations at various speeds. And that means the driving safety training courses will be more realistic and participants will be able to experience up close how brake distances increase, for example, and at what speed they hit their personal limits when it comes to car control.” With the exception of the racing track courses, adventure trips in South Africa and snow and ice training, this is where all BMW Driving Experience driving safety training courses will take place in the future.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- need advice: would you keep or sell my bmw?
- Need DIY help with interior door pull!
- recommendations for mechanic in central Illinois - need to fix my e91 2006 bmw 325xit
- No spark, no injector pulse
- Angel eyes
- Any adjustment on the traction control?
- Air Con Smelling and loss of power
- 335i 2007 sedan - I got overheat signal and car stopped - now radiator fan spins fast
- Brake pad "chirp"