BMW Launches Sirius XM Satellite Radio Retrofit Program

by Tim Jones on September 20, 2012, 12:25 pm
BMW Launches Sirius XM Satellite Radio Retrofit Program

BMW Aftersales has announced a Sirius XM Satellite Radio retrofit program for 2010-2013 BMWs. Certain BMW model year 2010 to 2013 were built at the factory “Satellite Radio Ready”. This means the vehicle includes all necessary Satellite Radio hardware and can get satellite radio with a simple enable code. The enable code is available from BMW dealerships with an MSRP price of $375. The cost includes a one year subscription to the Sirius Everything package plus the Best of XM which matches the factory option offering.

To see if your vehicle is Sattllite Radio ready reference the attached chart or better yet contact your dealer. Most vehicles will only require the activation code but some vehicles may require a new head unit or satellite radio antenna.

Who will be adding satellite radio to their BMW thought this new Aftersales retrofit program?

Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.

6 responses to BMW Launches Sirius XM Satellite Radio Retrofit Program

CALLAWAY845 commented:
September 22, 2012, 6:53 am

The above article makes mention of a chart to determine if the car is satellite radio ready...where is the chart???
Zeichen311 commented:
September 22, 2012, 8:26 am

It's the PDF file attached to the post....
rmjames007 commented:
September 22, 2012, 12:36 pm

where is the attached chart?
tim330i commented:
September 22, 2012, 12:40 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALLAWAY845 View Post
The above article makes mention of a chart to determine if the car is satellite radio ready...where is the chart???
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmjames007 View Post
where is the attached chart?

It is attached to the original article. Here is a link -

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...5&d=1348158115
hellosopo commented:
September 22, 2012, 5:20 pm

What is "Rad 2+"? Is that the audio system that isn't the base and isn't premium? (My E90 has an amp in the trunk and speakers in the sail panels, but it is not premium.)
CALLAWAY845 commented:
September 23, 2012, 12:16 am

Thank you, tim330i...it seems that my employer's restrictive internet filter is blocking me from seeing the attachment, thanks for direct link.