The Spartanburg Herald Journal reports that BMW's 900 million dollar expansion of their Spartanburg factory is on track. The expansion of BMW's only US factory was announced in February and will give the factory the ability to produce up to 350,000 vehicles, including the new X4.
|Spartanburg-based BMW Manufacturing Co. said Thursday it is on track to deliver on the $900 million expansion the company announced in January.|
In the near term the expansion is creating 300 new jobs before the end of the year and in total will employee 8,000 by the end of the expansion in 2014. The expansion comes on the heals of BMW being recognized as the exporter of the year with over 70% of the X3, X5 and X6s produced being exported to other countries.
The increased capacity at the new factory will support more sales of the X3, X5 and X6 in European and Asian markets as well as create production space for the new X4, a baby X6. Little is known about the X4, we haven't even caught any glimpses of it yet, but we know it is coming.
Good news all around for BMW and the US job market that the expansion is on track and BMW is investing a large amount of capitol into it's US production facilities.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Dent on bumper
- Vibe to Ms Kat - CTEK Goddess
- Looking for 2007 328i serpentine belt and tensioner replacement DIY
- P1017 error code?
- Trailer hitch for an '06 325Ci ???
- VANOS (variable camshaft timing) solenoids
- Dash lights
- 2006 330i headlight question
- Halo lights / Angel eyes replacement on 2006 E90
- New Purchase - Few things I plan on getting down. Should I or no?