New Spy Shots of Upcoming F25 X3 Facelift

by Mark Jurista on October 15, 2012, 2:57 pm
Facelift F25 X3

The time is coming that we will be seeing a fully revealed facelift version of the F25 X3 but at least we have spy shots to tease us in the mean time.

Facelift F25 X3

From the placement of the camo, we can tell that the changes are primarily on the front bumper, rear bumper, grille and head lights.

Facelift F25 X3

Given the light camo and public road debut of the car, we are looking at a release sometime early next year. Current production of the existing model is slated to end in March 2013 so maybe that means a mid year release?

Facelift F25 X3

Anyone seriously considering holding off an order to wait for the new changes?

12 responses to New Spy Shots of Upcoming F25 X3 Facelift

lbjgh commented:
October 15, 2012, 3:10 pm

Looks like the front end was given a bit of an 'under bite'.
NoI4plz commented:
October 15, 2012, 4:28 pm

It looks like the fogs have been axed? Maybe a lower spec model?

Also they seem to either have given the sideview mirror turn signals only philosophy a double take. it seems they have included both the fender signal, and a new side view mirros turn signal (maybe not who knows).

And maybe led turn signals in the headlamps.

Typical LCI
slambmw commented:
October 15, 2012, 11:52 pm

Changes are minor with Fogs removed, Smaller Grills and they should have signals on the Mirrors.

I like our styling better.
-=Hot|Ice=- commented:
October 16, 2012, 11:46 am

Black Kidney Grille. M Sport Pack?
Mandeville commented:
October 18, 2012, 7:00 pm

Dear Bimmerfest Members:

I am expecting a pro-forma invoice from Germany for an special order X3 in a discontinued BMW color for European delivery.

But I don't know yet what year will be quoted. Good grief, I hope BMW does not tart-up the interior for next year. I like it very much now. But if I wait to order next year how can I know if I will hate any interior changes ?

Regarding painting special order discontinued BMW colors in South Carolina for Euopean delivery:
Does anyone know what that should cost ? The preliminary estimate from Germany is astounding.

Regards, Mandeville
poker838 commented:
October 18, 2012, 9:53 pm

Over here in Canada they charge a $400 special order fee, plus the cost of the part. What is this discontinued color that you're getting?

I believe post-refresh they are doing a new idrive (touchpad on the knob surface). I can't imagine the interior changing substantially.
Mandeville commented:
October 19, 2012, 8:46 am

Dear Poker838:

Please sit down before continuing:

BMW in Germany estimated the cost to paint in South Carolina: BMW Savanna Beige 187 discontinued in 1984, at € 10,000. to € 15,000. (about 13,000. to 19,500. USD). The exact cost to be confirmed by a pro-forma invouce which I'm waiting for.

In 1999, and 2001 my C Class M-B's were painted in Germany: M-B Pastel Beige 684 discontinued in 1986, for about € 1,500. Last year M-B would not quote painting discontinued colors in Alabama. Since then I'm glad they would not be building my 8 th M-B, as I have decided BMW's are better cars and now more attractive, particularly the dashboards compared the now ugly M-B's

I have checked: All German cars manufactured in Germany including: BMW, M-B, Porsche. Audi, VW, etc, can be supplied in discontinued and/or custom colors. I should expect the present cost would be but a fraction of what BMW estimated for painting in South Carolina, as I can't inmagine the cost might have increased by almost 10 times.

What is wrong with German car plants in the USA ? I should expect their workers pay package is less than in Germany ? They seem not to be "World Class" in "Old World" customer services. Perhaps it's the USA southern sun affecting them.

X3 Facelift: Would you take a chance and wait for it ?

Regards, Mandeville.
poker838 commented:
October 19, 2012, 4:36 pm

hmm Savanna Beige?

Sorry, I shouldn't have said $400 Special Order as it might be much more than that. It looks like they're charging you for the Individual program (customization). I don't know how much those typically go for.

As for the facelift, my wife and I are in the final stages - just need to work on timing - and probably will settle on a 2012 demo or a new 2013 x28. I can't imagine there would be substantial changes.
Mandeville commented:
October 19, 2012, 5:10 pm

Yes, that looks like it, but I expect not clear coat in '84 to '86.

I found 5 BMW beige colors: Nevada Beige 001; Tampico Beige 005; Sahara Beige 006; Sierra Beige 012; & Savanna Beige 187. I chose Savanna Beige 187 as not lighter nor more yellow than my favorite M-B Tiger Beige 684.

Do you think I chose the closest one ? I don't know how to attach the samples.

I'm sure most don't like beige any more, but during the '70's & '80's they were in "Fashion". But now it's all dark, depressing, or silvery colors and most all metallics, or else a kitchen appliance on wheels. Well I'm just old fashioned and like the old pastel colors. I'm sure the Russian Mafia will never sleal my car.

Regards, Mandeville
Mark86 commented:
October 28, 2012, 12:58 am

From looking at that model, it looks like it is fairly loaded. It has xenons and at least premium. I am not a fan of the mirrors. Why would they do away with the fog lights? Doesn't matter since I just got my 2013 last month!!

BTW, I am not a fan of those mirrors. Why black? They look so thin as well.
Mandeville commented:
October 28, 2012, 6:48 am

Thanks Mark 86

I can't believe fog lights will not be available as std., or surely optional.

Mandeville.
NoI4plz commented:
October 28, 2012, 2:42 pm

Yea, as I stated before, Fog lights seem to have been axed in the spy shots. Again lower spec or, maybe BMW is making a change towards offering BMW X3 Lines (aka the similar to the F30). I believe some models dont come with Fogs