Stuart Clifford a BMW of Peabody customer and ActiveE "Electronaut" sits down with Luxury Cars New England to talk about his ActiveE ownership experience.
How long have you been driving your ActiveE, and how many miles have you put on it?
I took delivery of my ActiveE on March 7th, 2012 – current mileage is over 10,000 miles. I did lose 20 days of driving due to vacations and maintenance on the car, so the mileage should have been higher. We actually have a competition between East and West Coast ActiveE drivers to see which group drives more: http://www.wotnogas.com. The site also has a running calculation of the amount money saved based on the mileage driven with gas prices of $4.00/gallon.
Was this your first BMW model?
Yes, this is my first BMW ….. it won't be my last!
What have the reactions been to your electric BMW?
They've been really great, but you always get some cynical people in any crowd. Most people didn't realize BMW was involved in electric-car development. I then explain the progression from Mini-E to ActiveE to the production i3 that will be available for purchase towards the end of 2013. They mostly ask about the range and where I can charge. To date, my furthest distance on a single charge is 110 miles. That was 80% highway driving and keeping my speed under 68 mph.
Read the full interview at luxurycarsnewengland.com
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- How Long Did Your Water Pump Last?
- Looking for a good mechanic Huntington NY
- Having problems with windshield trim I installed.
- SES light on after BMS Stage 1
- Any Experience with Automatic Car Adapter & Car Apps (2nd Generation)?
- URGENT HELP NEEDED - BMW 330d M-Sport Convertible
- 2008 335xi Unusual Rear Handling
- 2011 335xdrive msport or 2013 335xdrive msport (I think i did it finally guys!)
- New Ride = New Pics
- Disconnected plug/wire in engine bay