The New York Times is the latest automotive publication to roll out a review of the 2013 M5 sedan and M6 coupe and convertible. Despite the laundry list of technology, a huge improvement in performance and gas mileage the M5 and engine/drive train sibling M6 continue to take the driver out of the driving experience.
Faster but Not So Furious, M Cars Slide Into Maturity
but these Mís seem to approach the outer limits of usable ó especially when they only intermittently engage their driver.
One thing I never thought Iíd say in my lifetime: a Mercedes, specifically the E63 AMG, whose outlaw attitude would seem well matched to a young billionaire soccer club owner, is a charming, fried-rubber yahoo compared with these BMWs.
Viewed in a vacuum, these Mís still rock the road. But in an expanding performance universe, BMW ought to question its course of making warp-speeders that shorten trips between planets but leave the drivers in suspended animation. People donít buy fast cars to make better time, but to make their time better.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Rear Control Bolt Broke - Questions
- Positive Battery Terminal under hood has some play to it
- Car Smells Burned
- After market bumper/hood recommendation for '11 E92
- 2007 328i - Used Car Purchase - Things to Look for
- 2009 E92 xenon question
- service info says -3200..?
- Diagnose intermittent ticking noise on 2008 328i
- 2011 328i Engine Oil Low
- Rear Speaker noise when car is off