have you guys seen this? It figures that after three S8's I am now swithing to the B7 (arrives in 2 weeks). Still, performance aside, the new Audi looks boring compared to the Alpina.
On this week's episode of Head 2 Head, senior features editor Jonny Lieberman is pitting two luxury tuner limousines, the BMW 7 Series-based Alpina B7 and Audi S8, against one another to see which of the new performance-tuned German luxury flagships is best.
Lieberman starts out by comparing the B7 and the S8 on the track. While on paper 4.4-liter twin-turbo V8's 540 hp and 538 lb-ft of torque of the B7 far outclasses the 512 hp and 479 lb-ft the all-wheel drive S8's 4.0-liter twin-turbo V-8 produces, the Audi destroyed the Alpina in a straight line, needing 3.5 second to hit 60 mph from a standstill, as opposed to the B7's 4.3 second run.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Bluetooth connector on iphone 4 snap in adapter?
- Coding& navi update to 2014
- DVD deactivation
- washer resevoir leaks on E93
- Help, angel eyes options for 06 330i
- FOR SALE : 2011 BMW 328i M Package
- How to identify a OIL PAN GASKET leaking or a OIL FILTER HOUSING GASKET leaking?
- head gasket or not...
- 335i AT rough shifts