2013 BMW M3 Limited Edition Frozen Red, White and Blue

by Tim Jones on October 26, 2012, 3:52 pm
2013 BMW M3 Limited Edition Frozen Red, White and Blue

BMW announced the 2013 BMW M3 Coupe Frozen Limited Edition. For the first time, the M3 Frozen Limited Edition will be available in a choice of frozen exterior finishes. Appropriate to this election season in the US, those choices are Frozen Red, Frozen White and Frozen Blue. The interior will sport black extended Novillo leather with contrasting stitching to match the exterior color. In total,150 examples will be available for US customers with production beginning in January 2013. In addition to the standard equipment included in the base MSRP of $76,395 (including Destination and Handling), customers will be able to tailor their 2013 M3 Coupe Frozen Limited Edition with a selection of optional equipment.

All 2013 M3 Coupe Frozen Limited Editions will include the following features:
  • BMW Individual Frozen Red, White, or Blue exterior paint
  • Competition Package including:
    • Matte black 19" light alloy wheels
    • Electronic Damper Control
    • Lowered suspension (-10 mm)
    • Sport mapping for EDC and DSC
  • Premium Package
  • Black Extended Novillo leather with contrast stitching in exterior color on seats, headrests, door inserts, armrests, middle console, and door pulls.
  • Carbon leather trim with contrast stitching in exterior color
  • High-gloss black kidney grilles
  • High-gloss black side gills
  • High-gloss black exhaust pipe tips
  • 6-speed manual transmission
  • Carbon fiber roof panel

BMW M3 frozen white limited edition

In addition, customers will be able to tailor the 2013 M3 Coupe Frozen Limited Edition with the following options:
  • Cold Weather Package
  • M-DCT Transmission
  • Rear spoiler delete
  • Moonroof
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Automatic High Beams
  • Satellite Radio with 1-year subscription
  • BMW Apps
  • BMW Individual Enhanced Premium Sound

Customers have the option to begin the relationship with their limited edition BMW M3 with either European Delivery at BMW Welt in Munich or with a Performance Center Delivery in Spartanburg, SC where a range of driver education experiences, including the BMW M School are available.

Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.

12 responses to 2013 BMW M3 Limited Edition Frozen Red, White and Blue

Yeoman commented:
October 26, 2012, 6:16 pm

Awesome! I'll take mine in blue.. too bad no black
pointandgo commented:
October 26, 2012, 10:48 pm

Just out of curiosity, are common "car waxes" not recommended for this car paint finish? Are there any special "car care" recommendations for this paint finish?
SD Z4MR commented:
October 26, 2012, 10:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointandgo View Post
Just out of curiosity, are common "car waxes" not recommended for this car paint finish? Are there any special "car care" recommendations for this paint finish?
There was a pretty extensive article on the care of these finishes on BMWBLOG in June. They require a special cleaner, no polish, no wax, don't rub the finish, remove all resin/bird/bug gunk ASAP (but again, no rubbing). Probably more trouble than the average driver would want to put up with, which is why a vinyl wrap might be a better short term application.

I like the way a lot of these frozen finishes look, but probably wouldn't actually buy one. I love the way the blues on either of our cars look after a nice clay, polish, and wax!

That said, if someone were to give me one of these in Frozen Blue, I would have no problem driving it!
pointandgo commented:
October 26, 2012, 11:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Z4MR View Post
There was a pretty extensive article on the care of these finishes on BMWBLOG in June. They require a special cleaner, no polish, no wax, don't rub the finish, remove all resin/bird/bug gunk ASAP (but again, no rubbing). Probably more trouble than the average driver would want to put up with, which is why a vinyl wrap might be a better short term application.

I like the way a lot of these frozen finishes look, but probably wouldn't actually buy one. I love the way the blues on either of our cars look after a nice clay, polish, and wax!

That said, if someone were to give me one of these in Frozen Blue, I would have no problem driving it!
Interesting. Yes, TOO MUCH maintenance for me, not to mention that I would prefer black...perhaps the worst color to maintain. Living near the ocean makes that a "double jeopardy" situation. Perhaps that's why they didn't offer black!
Nordic_Kat commented:
October 26, 2012, 11:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Z4MR View Post

IIRC: If purchasing a "frozen" finished car you have to sign a waiver that you understand the requirements needed for paint upkeep.

I've seen Frozen White, Frozen Black, Frozen Gray and Frozen Blue in person. Sorry, but Frozen gray just looks like primer and Frozen black isn't much better. So far, Frozen White was my favorite with Frozen Blue not far behind. The Frozen colors do much better with the lighter hues.

I'm with SD though - For the long term, I'd rather see any color nicely clayed, polished and waxed.
pointandgo commented:
October 26, 2012, 11:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post

IIRC: If purchasing a "frozen" finished car you have to sign a waiver that you understand the requirements needed for paint upkeep.

I've seen Frozen White, Frozen Black, Frozen Gray and Frozen Blue in person. Sorry, but Frozen gray just looks like primer and Frozen black isn't much better. So far, Frozen White was my favorite with Frozen Blue not far behind. The Frozen colors do much better with the lighter hues.

I'm with SD though - For the long term, I'd rather see any color nicely clayed, polished and waxed.
Waiver? That does it...I'm sticking with the 328i (without CA). Just as my facebook stocks are soaring in value (sort of).
E92-Lighting commented:
October 29, 2012, 3:53 pm

very impressive and nice shots
Mosborn78108m3 commented:
August 15, 2013, 3:42 pm

First, this is my first BMW anything. I'm a hard core Porsche guy!

I brought over a Cayenne S Hybrid for the family after getting rid of a 2012 911 Carrera (997)--about killed me to let it go. Cayenne is OK but not a sports car.

The selling dealer spoke to me about an M3 indicating it was better than a 911, you can imagine what was going through my mind.

Took a ride in an M3--WOW, performance and it can comfortably sit adults in the back seat--my son is 6'1" and had no problem--if he had that would have been a deal ending problem.

So I took the plunge and went to purchase an M3. There were no allocations left and the Frozen Blue was sitting in the showroom. I hemmed and hawed about the car and color, finally deciding I wanted the M3. I watched the BMW frozen paint care videos and almost said no before we signed the final papers--those videos scared the heck out of me.

Here in Germany the purchase process takes a few weeks and I was having extreme doubts on the paint care. I'm a run through a car wash, dry and then drive. Cleaning a car for hours doesn't do it for me.

After owning for 3 months. The upkeep is wash, dry with a chamois and terry cloth towel pretty much what I've done with all my cars. Yes I've heard no hard rubbing as it polishes the paint. I put a clear bra on the front of the M3 (fenders, hood, mirror and lights--similar to what I did when I owned the 911 to prevent stone chips.

I didn't have to sign a waiver saying anything about special car regarding the paint.

Yes, there are special wash products, spray on spot cleaners, spray on waxes and a paste wax--all told those came to $150 from BMW. Before I bought I did the research and this was about what I would have paid for a SwissVax kit. If I had read the paste wax instructions, I might not have bought frozen...says to put on with the supplied sponge, cannot leave on the paint for more than 3 minutes, gently buff out (no hard pressure) and the KICKER--you can't touch the waxed area for 20 minutes.

Here in Germany you can't wash your car in your yard to prevent polluting the water. Per the dealer, I've taken to a self wash, using the rinse to get the car wet, then using the foaming brush to wash, rinse to get the soap off and then the soft water rinse to prevent water spots.

After that I dry with a chamois and then take care of any remaining water with the towel. Before I took it to a car show, did the steps above and then used spray waxed the car with no problems. The car was a hit at the show.

When I take it to Nurburgring, almost everyone looks and stops by to see what it is. I've gotten business cards from people asking me to call if I ever decide to sell.

Would I buy another frozen color again, probably not as like many posters, I'm a shiny car type of person. However with 150 copies in the US and about 50 copies of frozen blue, it's certainly unique :-)

Mike
AnJing408 commented:
August 15, 2013, 6:10 pm

old news.....saw this months ago and seen one in frozen white on the road.
SilverX3 commented:
August 15, 2013, 6:17 pm

oh lord

it's freaken awesome looking
3SJetblack commented:
August 15, 2013, 7:00 pm

Saw Frozen Blue at Kuni BMW dealer in Portland. The line item for the paint was $15k alone.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
thekurgan commented:
August 15, 2013, 7:12 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post

Agree! Shiny = clean