With a bit of ingenuity and a lot of hard work Mate Rimac has converted his E30 3 series into the world's quickest EV.
|"I owned an old BMW E30, which I used for drift and circuit races," Rimac explains. "At one of these races, the gas engine blew up. Then I decided to try building an EV. After one year or so the car was able to drive, but I was not satisfied with the result. It was heavy, not very powerful and the range was very limited. I started to gather a team of experts to develop our own components since I believed that the electric propulsion can give much more compared to what was available on the market. At that time, I already had a very clear vision of my ultimate goal. Today, hard work is making my dream come true."|
|The e-M3 puts out 600 horsepower and 664 lb-ft (900 Nm) of torque in its current tune. It launches to 62 mph (100 k/mh) in 3.3 seconds – faster than a Ferrari 458 Italia – and tops out around 174 mph (280 km/h). It's definitely a little more riveting than a Mitsubishi i-Miev, but still packs a respectable range of 112 miles (180 km) per charge.|
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Air Con Smelling and loss of power
- 335i 2007 sedan - I got overheat signal and car stopped - now radiator fan spins fast
- Brake pad "chirp"
- first intro
- 3series winter tires for sale
- Changing my stock bumper
- Panic Mode: Top Wouldn't Come Up Properly This Morning
- Help needed with connecting a 12v power source
- iPhone compatability with 2009 BMW 328i xDrive with Navigation