In his speech at the international motorcycle show EICMA in Milan, BMW Motorrad President Stephan Schaller announced that BMW Motorrad will be presenting a new model with air-cooled 'boxer' engine in 2013 as a special way of marking the "90 years of BMW Motorrad" anniversary.
As long ago as 1923, the very first BMW motorcycle - the BMW R 32 – provided what was to become the genetic basis for the BMW Motorrad boxer series over nine decades: an air-cooled, 2-cylinder 4-stroke 'boxer' engine with longitudinally mounted crankshaft and shaft drive to the rear wheel. Always combined with innovative technology and thrilling design - and with one priority above all else: sheer riding pleasure.
The new, distinctive motorcycle to be produced next year will express the genes of 90 years of BMW Motorrad combined with emotional styling and innovative technology to create a new, multifaceted vehicle concept.
The model designation and date of the market launch will be announced at a later date.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- 335I dash cluster battery warning
- Anyone here with upgraded turbos?
- Looking to do a swap on my 2006 325i???
- any ideas for blacking out an 07 328xi?
- How to get the maximum performance output
- downpipe for the 335XI
- Power Steering Pump looked like it was locking
- Techron thumbs up
- Which map for a stock 07 335i
- My car just got a new stable mate