In his speech at the international motorcycle show EICMA in Milan, BMW Motorrad President Stephan Schaller announced that BMW Motorrad will be presenting a new model with air-cooled 'boxer' engine in 2013 as a special way of marking the "90 years of BMW Motorrad" anniversary.
As long ago as 1923, the very first BMW motorcycle - the BMW R 32 – provided what was to become the genetic basis for the BMW Motorrad boxer series over nine decades: an air-cooled, 2-cylinder 4-stroke 'boxer' engine with longitudinally mounted crankshaft and shaft drive to the rear wheel. Always combined with innovative technology and thrilling design - and with one priority above all else: sheer riding pleasure.
The new, distinctive motorcycle to be produced next year will express the genes of 90 years of BMW Motorrad combined with emotional styling and innovative technology to create a new, multifaceted vehicle concept.
The model designation and date of the market launch will be announced at a later date.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Deposit on 2013 335i Convertible - good deal?
- No telephone option on the screen
- Engine malfunction light after jb4 and e85
- Help on identifying my rims
- Acceleration throttle question
- For sale JB+ N54 $175
- 2007 320i from Japan to New Zealand - change the iDrive language and maps?
- Maybe there is such a thing as too much horsepower!
- E93 Convertible top - plastic bracket broken
- seat belt adjustment on 335 convertible