2014 BMW 4 Series Coupe Exposed

It's been a while since we last spied the 2014 4 Series (F32) Coupe, but here it is, in production form and nearly fully uncovered! What we see is a sleek sports coupe version of the F30 sedan which resembles a smaller 6 Series. This particular 4 Series coupe was captured in Munich/Germany while being loaded to be transported to an internal presentation.

Compared to the current E92 3 Series coupe, the F32 features a sleeker roofline with a more fastback shaped tail end (though not nearly as dramatic as something like the Audi A7). The rear quarter windows have been elongated and end beautifully a more angular and sleeker Hofmeister knik.

The most prominent styling embellishment visible so far is the front quarter panel vent, which not only adds a sporty visual flair, but also appears to be an actual functional vent. The F32 shares the same side mirrors as the F30.

BMW F32 4 series coupe front quarter panel vent

This is a 435i (or 440i), as given away by the exhaust system, Sport Line model and the visible parts of the front bumper show differences from the F30 Sport Line front bumper. There is a more prominent center U shaped trim piece which dips down from the inside of the air vents and forms a prominent lip below the license plate area. It also looks to be either black or carbon fiber.

As for the kidney grilles, we have already seen what shape the F32's kidney grilles will take on previous spy photos. They will be wider and sleeker shaped compared to the F30 sedan. The headlights are expected to be a sleeker version of the F30 headlights, and also connecting with the grilles, as on the F30.

This car wears 19" M Sport Wheels and runs 225 tires up front with 255 rear tires. The F32 435i/440i's brakes match that of the F30 335i - fixed M Sport calipers in front (4 piston) and floating rear calipers (1 piston).

The 428i Coupe and Convertible will be powered by the same 2.0L twin turbo inline 4 as the F30, but the 435i (or 440i) may very well usher in the successor to the current N55 twin turbo inline 6 engine. Both engines will be available with either a manual transmission or 8-speed automatic, and both should also be available with xDrive.

The F32 4 Series Coupe will begin production in spring 2013 and the F33 Convertible's production will follow later in 2013. A concept 4 Series is reportedly headed for the 2013 Detroit Auto Show in January.

Do you like it better then the E92 3 Series Coupe? Vote in our poll

E92 3 series coupe styling verses F32 4 series coupe styling

2013 F32 4 Series Coupe Picture Gallery
2014 4 series

2014 4 series

2014 4 series

2014 4 series

2014 4 series

2014 4 series

2014 4 series

2014 4 series


Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.










91 responses to BMW 4 Series F32 Caught Exposed

justinnum1 commented:
November 13, 2012, 4:30 pm

PLease let that disgusting looking black plastic scoop on the side be functional.
quackbury commented:
November 13, 2012, 4:31 pm

Me likee!!! Can't wait to see the ///M version.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using BimmerApp
petriej commented:
November 13, 2012, 4:59 pm

Looks good.
tdd commented:
November 13, 2012, 5:04 pm

Like it. Can't wait to see the 'vert.
TheFinanceGuy commented:
November 13, 2012, 5:07 pm

I never fully understood why they try to "hide" parts under those funny covers... doesn't really hide much anyway.

but I like it! Can't wait to see more and at some point drive one!
enigma commented:
November 13, 2012, 5:22 pm

I don't know what to think of it just yet.

It looks to be an evolutionary upgrade from the e92 looking at it from the side profile. It most likely has the headlight details from the f30, but can't tell from these pictures.

The front looks short (or it could be an optical illusion?) by comparison though.

I am not a fan of the black side vent (?) thing. I wonder what function it serves?

Interestingly, it has the middle brake lights in two places? Probably an artifact of being a test mule?
tim330i commented:
November 13, 2012, 5:33 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
Interestingly, it has the middle brake lights in two places? Probably an artifact of being a test mule?
Are you talking about the red dot here -

F32 BMW 2014 4 series coupe


I think that is just some sort of sticker or patch on the cover. You can see it here when the brake likes are not on -

BMW f32 4 series coupe
enigma commented:
November 13, 2012, 5:54 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
Are you talking about the red dot here -

I think that is just some sort of sticker or patch on the cover. You can see it here when the brake likes are not on -
Yes, that red dot. Thanks for the clarification. I haven't seen that "patch" on any other test cars.
golovko commented:
November 13, 2012, 6:00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinanceGuy View Post
I never fully understood why they try to "hide" parts under those funny covers... doesn't really hide much anyway.

but I like it! Can't wait to see more and at some point drive one!
Probably for the same reason Zorro and Robin wear a mask that only covers the area around their eyes.

Or Clark Kent wears glasses. Most people lack the imagination to realize what they look like without. =)
sr5959 commented:
November 13, 2012, 6:02 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
PLease let that disgusting looking black plastic scoop on the side be functional.
There is no way that ridiculous bit of black plastic would be on a production car, is there...?
boramkiv commented:
November 13, 2012, 6:32 pm

Looks like the Hofmeister's Kink is just a bit more pronounced. It does look good indeed.
Hopefully it can look better than the BRZ from Subaru as I think that those and the
Scion's are the sexiest coupes on the street as of this moment.
tturedraider commented:
November 13, 2012, 6:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5959 View Post
There is no way that ridiculous bit of black plastic would be on a production car, is there...?
At least not in black plastic form.
Mick22 commented:
November 13, 2012, 7:38 pm

Looks very interesting.... can't wait to see the real thing and the specs of the car.
boltjaM3s commented:
November 13, 2012, 8:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
PLease let that disgusting looking black plastic scoop on the side be functional.
It is, there's an airflow opening there.

The aftermarket will be ripe with body-colored scoop offerings. Painted Scoops, IND you listening?

BJ
Zeichen311 commented:
November 13, 2012, 8:29 pm

There is a small "Sport" line badge above the vent. It doesn't take a great leap of imagination to suppose that (a) the coupe will follow the Lines model of the sedan, (b) the various lines will offer material/color choices for that bit of trim and (c) one of those choices will be body-colored.

My guesses would be black or body color for Sport, chrome or body color for Luxury, and matte chrome or woven rattan for Modern.
Chris90 commented:
November 13, 2012, 8:41 pm

Wow, love the shape of the car - the 6 series is a beautiful design, it's just too big. A downsized 6 series could look really good.
hans007 commented:
November 13, 2012, 8:44 pm

that black piece does look horrible.


every time i see a coupe spy pic i debate if i should have waited before ordering my sedan. i've only owned one coupe ever in my life, and it was a pain in the ass fitting things / people into , but i have to admit sometimes they can look very nice. i wonder how much more BMW is charging for the 4 over the 3. sounds like 6-7k?
vavet5308 commented:
November 13, 2012, 8:56 pm

So the 4-series is going to replace the 3-series coupe?
Will we have a M4 coupe and M3 sedan?
hotrod2448 commented:
November 13, 2012, 9:03 pm

Please let that "sport" badge and the hideous side vent be a joke.
bmw330ci04 commented:
November 13, 2012, 9:26 pm

im sorry, but if they don't take that "Sport" badge, along with that boomerang looking vent.. i dont know what ill do, but ill do something, if they are going to put a vent, make it the m3 style, horizontal, beautiful looking thing.

and the sport badge; come on BMW, dont be like Audi and their "S-Line" bull****
bmw330ci04 commented:
November 13, 2012, 9:26 pm

Oh, and please call it a 3 series coupe. people may think im obsessing over that but i dont care, dont get rid of the 3 series pedigree
-=Hot|Ice=- commented:
November 13, 2012, 10:01 pm

It looks bigger and longer. I can tell you right now, I'm not a fan.
mohrgan commented:
November 13, 2012, 10:22 pm

Apart from the fake scoop, I love it. It looks lean and muscular like the E36 coupe. It will be interesting to see what the front and rear look like. Hopefully they didn't blow it.
justinnum1 commented:
November 13, 2012, 10:34 pm

i like it too, aside from the cheesy ass fake scoop.

but my next car will probably be a cayman
hans007 commented:
November 13, 2012, 11:25 pm

also i have to say, as much as the A5 is a good looking car, the rear quarter of this car looks so similar to it. with the very short trunk lid, and the very gradual slope on the rear window. it just seems like the rear end will look very similar, and not so unique. is every coupe going for this super short trunk look now (makes the trunk opening suck) like the CTS coupe and A5.
Alpine300ZHP commented:
November 14, 2012, 9:47 am

Not liking that side vent at all. Complete turn off to me. I was really hoping to like the 4 series and these photos are pushing me to a 650i as my next car. Sigh....
jfox335i commented:
November 14, 2012, 10:06 am

I think it looks pretty sharp. I'll stick with the 3 series because I prefer sedans, but I would have no problem rockin a 4 series.
beden1 commented:
November 14, 2012, 10:41 am

From what I can see from these pictures, this new coupe looks really good, IMO. It's sleaker in shape to better incorporate the extended front end bumper that looks like an afterthought on the sedan. I typically like side front fender scoops/vents, but I think BMW should keep this exclusive to the M3, which the current M3 side vent looks really good and much better than this new design. I'm not real happy that the exhaust tips appear to be the same black chrome as on my 335is. These manufacturers should really start to consider keeping these designs exclusive to specific models. The slope on the rear hood and window looks really good, but as is the case with the Audi A7, I wonder if it hurts the rear headroom which was already a bit cramped in the E92?

I'll be interested in seeing this car in the flesh.
Eight Thirty commented:
November 14, 2012, 11:30 am

i like
golovko commented:
November 14, 2012, 12:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw330ci04 View Post
im sorry, but if they don't take that "Sport" badge, along with that boomerang looking vent.. i dont know what ill do, but ill do something, if they are going to put a vent, make it the m3 style, horizontal, beautiful looking thing.

and the sport badge; come on BMW, dont be like Audi and their "S-Line" bull****
sport badge already exists on the 3 series. Its just deleted for US builds now.
tim330i commented:
November 14, 2012, 12:46 pm

I put together a side by side (Ok top and bottom) comparison picture and a poll. Vote on which BMW coupe, the F32 4 series or the E92 3 series looks the best -

E92 3 series coupe styling verses F32 4 series coupe styling

Go vote - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=658146
petriej commented:
November 14, 2012, 12:50 pm

That comparison shot makes the new rear window look looooong.
hotrod2448 commented:
November 14, 2012, 1:28 pm

I like that they moved the rear rocker panel cut line back down to be in line with the bottom of the door and were a bit more aggressive with the hofmeister kink. It makes sense. I also like that they moved the B-post forward and hopefully got the seat belt within reach of a normal human being without a little robot arm to push it up there an invariably break. I just really hate that vent.
sr5959 commented:
November 14, 2012, 1:48 pm

I've always like the E92 but the F32 looks even better to me. Can someone do a Photoshop to remove the camo at the ends? Should be pretty easy to guess the design now.
IndyMike commented:
November 14, 2012, 2:25 pm

Interesting how they nicked and used a sag line ala the einser, although not quite as pronounced or sexy as that variant.
beden1 commented:
November 14, 2012, 2:39 pm

I would need to see the whole car to be able to vote.
tim330i commented:
November 14, 2012, 3:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
I would need to see the whole car to be able to vote.
Vote based on what we can tell now. When the car is revealed we'll do another poll.

Tim
Blax commented:
November 14, 2012, 4:11 pm

I like it so far and this could be my next car. I have an F30 now, but my last car was an e92 coupe.

My only hope is that with the coupe they improve the look of the car from front on. I love my F30, but it's butt ugly when viewed directly from the front. So much so I try not to look...
beden1 commented:
November 14, 2012, 4:20 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
Vote based on what we can tell now. When the car is revealed we'll do another poll.

Tim
You have 7 out of 7 votes in favor of the F32. That's not real surprising considering that your poll is in the F30 forum section. I wonder how and if the votes would change if placed in the E90 section and where those are the individuals who will be considering this new car in the future?
justinnum1 commented:
November 14, 2012, 6:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
You have 7 out of 7 votes in favor of the F32. That's not real surprising considering that your poll is in the F30 forum section. I wonder how and if the votes would change if placed in the E90 section and where those are the individuals who will be considering this new car in the future?
lol, because that wont be biased either?
beden1 commented:
November 14, 2012, 6:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
lol, because that wont be biased either?
I was thinking that it might be less biased.

Update: Tim did post this on the E90 forum and the votes are less biased. The total is now 5 to 2 in favor of the F32.
jmartinacevedo commented:
November 14, 2012, 11:10 pm

I might be in the minority because I really like the side scoop.

Masked or unmasked that car is tight.
Runon MD1 commented:
November 15, 2012, 1:08 am

Will there be a 4 series 4-door sedan as well, or just a coupe?

Richard
justinnum1 commented:
November 15, 2012, 2:41 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runon MD1 View Post
Will there be a 4 series 4-door sedan as well, or just a coupe?

Richard
yea, there is a f30 version of the 6 series gran coupe
DougN commented:
November 15, 2012, 8:31 am

I like the side view of the F32 better, the roofline looks more "porsche-like" and I like that they got rid of that weird rocker panel line that was higher behind the door on the E92/E93. I like the functional vent on the front fender and the wheels look nicer as well. Just waiting to see what the front/rear and entire car looks like, especially in cabrio/convertible form. No plans to get rid of my E93, as I bought it with the intention of very long term ownership, but always good to have a replacement option should something bad happen to it.
justinnum1 commented:
November 15, 2012, 8:32 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougN View Post
I like the side view of the F32 better, the roofline looks more "porsche-like" and I like that they got rid of that weird rocker panel line that was higher behind the door on the E92/E93. I like the functional vent on the front fender and the wheels look nicer as well. Just waiting to see what the front/rear and entire car looks like, especially in cabrio/convertible form. No plans to get rid of my E93, as I bought it with the intention of very long term ownership, but always good to have a replacement option should something bad happen to it.
how do we know that vent is functional?
tim330i commented:
November 15, 2012, 9:31 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
how do we know that vent is functional?
It is likely that it is functional in the sense that air can flow through it. So is it a functional vent, yes. Does it have a cooling function on the car, probably something minimal that could have been done without.

It is functional, most likely. Is it superfluous, definitely.
SpaceManGray commented:
November 15, 2012, 4:20 pm

Larger photos over here: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767418
tim330i commented:
November 15, 2012, 4:24 pm

We have almost the exact same resolution attached to the first post - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=657959
justinnum1 commented:
November 15, 2012, 4:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
It is likely that it is functional in the sense that air can flow through it. So is it a functional vent, yes. Does it have a cooling function on the car, probably something minimal that could have been done without.

It is functional, most likely. Is it superfluous, definitely.
yea, i was looking at teh close up pics on f30post and it does look functional
mohrgan commented:
November 15, 2012, 6:37 pm

There is a hole in that scoop. It does look functional. WHy can't BMW make it less conspicuous...like body colored?
damills commented:
November 15, 2012, 7:19 pm

Hope the Bang & Olufsen is an option on this series, increase in model cost of $5k and $4k would make it a pricey car but would be nice and one I would consider for sure, may even make me want to let go of the E46 which is best design IMO thus far except for the current 5 and 6 series.

Since its a different model, hopefully the front will look more like the 6 than the current 3-series sedan (headlights), except for headlights on current 3-series, perfect car IMO
justinnum1 commented:
November 15, 2012, 7:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by damills View Post
Hope the Bang & Olufsen is an option on this series, increase in model cost of $5k and $4k would make it a pricey car but would be nice and one I would consider for sure, may even make me want to let go of the E46 which is best design IMO thus far except for the current 5 and 6 series.

Since its a different model, hopefully the front will look more like the 6 than the current 3-series sedan (headlights), except for headlights on current 3-series, perfect car IMO
B&O is so overpriced for what it is. It's not $3,000 better than the HK system. It's not even $1,000 better.
tim330i commented:
November 16, 2012, 9:20 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrgan View Post
There is a hole in that scoop. It does look functional. WHy can't BMW make it less conspicuous...like body colored?
I wouldn't be surprised if it is body colored on the modern and/or luxury line. This is a sport line so it gets gloss black trim accents, including the vent.

Tim
petriej commented:
November 16, 2012, 11:28 am

I saw a Panamera last night and noticed the same vent. Perhaps some vent envy by BMW?


furby076 commented:
November 17, 2012, 7:13 pm

So will the 3 series go away with this car?
jlukja commented:
November 18, 2012, 1:11 am

^^ The 3 series will stay as a 4-door sedan. The 4 series will be the 2-door coupe version of the 3 series.
spicytofu commented:
November 20, 2012, 1:26 pm

...with a 5k+ MSRP when it costs two less doors to make.
tim330i commented:
November 20, 2012, 1:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytofu View Post
...with a 5k+ MSRP when it costs two less doors to make.
I would expect a 5k+ difference in the 3 and 4 series but to say the 4 series is cheaper to make with two less doors is probably not true. The true cost of the 4 series per unit is probably higher then the 3 series as they sell considerably less coupes then sedans.

Tim
sr5959 commented:
November 20, 2012, 5:21 pm

Just realized the window line is similar to classic 635i
boltjaM3s commented:
November 20, 2012, 6:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytofu View Post
...with a 5k+ MSRP when it costs two less doors to make.
The F32 costs more to make because BMW will sell less of them.

Might have slightly less sheetmetal, but if they sell 50% less Coupe's than they do Sedan's, each component costs more on a Coupe than a Sedan.

BJ
beden1 commented:
November 20, 2012, 7:55 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
The F32 costs more to make because BMW will sell less of them.

Might have slightly less sheetmetal, but if they sell 50% less Coupe's than they do Sedan's, each component costs more on a Coupe than a Sedan.

BJ
They may sell less coupes than sedans, but they probably sell enough of them over the 5+ year product cycle to make the cost difference (whatever it truly is we don't know) negligible.
boltjaM3s commented:
November 20, 2012, 11:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
They may sell less coupes than sedans, but they probably sell enough of them over the 5+ year product cycle to make the cost difference (whatever it truly is we don't know) negligible.
Just did a bit of research and BMW sells 3x more Sedan's than Coupe's. Not surprising.

Both the Sedan and Coupe have the same lifespan and they both occupy the same amount of production space, production equipment, personnel, etc.

Since the Sedan facility is pumping out 3x the amount of Sedan's of the Coupe facility, stands to reason that it is 3x more productive and therefore substantially less expensive to operate per vehicle produced.

It's the biggest reason the Coupe is more expensive than the Sedan. It's not features, it's not raw materials. It's production inequality.

BJ
justinnum1 commented:
November 20, 2012, 11:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Just did a bit of research and BMW sells 3x more Sedan's than Coupe's. Not surprising.

Both the Sedan and Coupe have the same lifespan and they both occupy the same amount of production space, production equipment, personnel, etc.

Since the Sedan facility is pumping out 3x the amount of Sedan's of the Coupe facility, stands to reason that it is 3x more productive and therefore substantially less expensive to operate per vehicle produced.

It's the biggest reason the Coupe is more expensive than the Sedan. It's not features, it's not raw materials. It's production inequality.

BJ
makes sense
beden1 commented:
November 20, 2012, 11:46 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Just did a bit of research and BMW sells 3x more Sedan's than Coupe's. Not surprising.

Both the Sedan and Coupe have the same lifespan and they both occupy the same amount of production space, production equipment, personnel, etc.

Since the Sedan facility is pumping out 3x the amount of Sedan's of the Coupe facility, stands to reason that it is 3x more productive and therefore substantially less expensive to operate per vehicle produced.

It's the biggest reason the Coupe is more expensive than the Sedan. It's not features, it's not raw materials. It's production inequality.

BJ
I'll stand by what I said because I understand amortization from my extensive business experience.
boltjaM3s commented:
November 21, 2012, 6:08 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
I'll stand by what I said because I understand amortization from my extensive business experience.
Right, and the rest of the 48 year old corporate directors and VP's in this forum don't?

The question asked was why the Coupe costs more than the Sedan. No one said the Coupe loses money, just that the Sedan will always make more. When you have two identical products and one outsells the other 3:1 the production efficiencies allow the more popular version to sell at a lower price.

BMW isn't being greedy. From their perspective, every Coupe sale could have been a Sedan sale, have to keep the margins consistent.

BJ
chris328 commented:
November 21, 2012, 7:46 am

anyone know when the m-sport will be available on the f32
beden1 commented:
November 21, 2012, 9:57 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Right, and the rest of the 48 year old corporate directors and VP's in this forum don't?

The question asked was why the Coupe costs more than the Sedan. No one said the Coupe loses money, just that the Sedan will always make more. When you have two identical products and one outsells the other 3:1 the production efficiencies allow the more popular version to sell at a lower price.

BMW isn't being greedy. From their perspective, every Coupe sale could have been a Sedan sale, have to keep the margins consistent.
BJ
Do you work for BMW in a capacity that would enable you to know what the cost differences and profit margins are in producing a sedan versus a coupe?

Where did you get the 3 to 1 sales figures?
sean10mm commented:
November 21, 2012, 10:05 am

An even better answer for why they'll charge more for it is "Because they can." If their research suggested market wouldn't accept a $5k markup for the coupe they'd either not make the coupe, or price it closer to the sedan.

tim330i commented:
November 21, 2012, 10:12 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris328 View Post
anyone know when the m-sport will be available on the f32
Based on the F30 sedan you should be able to pick up an F32 4 Series M Sport as a MY 2015 in July/August of 2014.

Tim
boltjaM3s commented:
November 21, 2012, 10:29 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
Do you work for BMW in a capacity that would enable you to know what the cost differences and profit margins are in producing a sedan versus a coupe?

Where did you get the 3 to 1 sales figures?
I don't need to work for BMW to know that answer.

The 2008 Annual report showed that ratio.

BJ
jfox335i commented:
November 21, 2012, 10:35 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytofu View Post
...with a 5k+ MSRP when it costs two less doors to make.
5K to start. What about the Grand Coupe, that's gotta be at least another 5-8K markup.
beden1 commented:
November 21, 2012, 10:56 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
I don't need to work for BMW to know that answer.

The 2008 Annual report showed that ratio.

BJ
I would like to see that report. Could you provide the link? Thanks
beden1 commented:
November 21, 2012, 10:58 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean10mm View Post
An even better answer for why they'll charge more for it is "Because they can." If their research suggested market wouldn't accept a $5k markup for the coupe they'd either not make the coupe, or price it closer to the sedan.

You hit the nail on the head!
chris328 commented:
November 21, 2012, 10:59 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
Based on the F30 sedan you should be able to pick up an F32 4 Series M Sport as a MY 2015 in July/August of 2014.

Tim
Well given that the F30 sedan is a 3 series and this is a new 4 series more geared towards performance/looks I would hope they wouldnt make people wait 1 whole year for the m-sport. Look at those rocker panels
boltjaM3s commented:
November 21, 2012, 11:14 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
I would like to see that report. Could you provide the link? Thanks
Certainly someone with such extensive business experience knows how to use Google.

BJ
beden1 commented:
November 21, 2012, 11:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Certainly someone with such extensive business experience knows how to use Google.

BJ
I do, but I thought you would be supportive to the forum since you already have the link?
jlukja commented:
November 21, 2012, 1:43 pm

The story says the concept 4 is heading to the Detroit Auto Show in January. Dang it, I was hoping for a look at the LA Auto Show.
SilverX3 commented:
November 21, 2012, 8:42 pm

what the new F32 may look like

http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-new...122-29rar.html

beden1 commented:
November 22, 2012, 11:52 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Certainly someone with such extensive business experience knows how to use Google.

BJ
I could not find any information published where the sales figures for the 3 Series is broken down into sub categories of sedans, coupes and convertibles.

Maybe you would be so kind as to share the link to the information your read. The reason I'm interested, is that I actually see many more coupes and convertibles in FL and about an equal split where I live in PA versus all wheel drive sedans. I always thought this interesting as I would have thought they sold more sedans because they are cheaper and more comfortable for back seat passengers (plus the AWD feature).
justinnum1 commented:
November 22, 2012, 12:43 pm

it's at least 3:1 sedans to coupes in florida, maybe more.
beden1 commented:
November 22, 2012, 12:55 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
it's at least 3:1 sedans to coupes in florida, maybe more.
I'm not seeing that around the Jupiter and Palm Beach area. I started noticing many more coupes and convertibles when the E90-E93 models came out. I think that's when the coupes became much more popular than they had been in the past.
hellosopo commented:
November 22, 2012, 6:59 pm

I don't know why but the E92 never really interested me. What we've seen of the F32 looks really sharp, though I hope the headlights are tamed a bit from the F30.
justinnum1 commented:
November 22, 2012, 7:27 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosopo View Post
I don't know why but the E92 never really interested me. What we've seen of the F32 looks really sharp, though I hope the headlights are tamed a bit from the F30.
Yea, for a coupe the E92 is a little to soft looking for my taste.
screenshot commented:
November 25, 2012, 6:47 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverX3 View Post
looks like a riced out wasp bite at the front(same as f30)... ugly as ****
rear end on the f30 looks like a smudged s***... literally!
designer must be on drugs...
Mace14 commented:
November 29, 2012, 3:35 pm

Looks like they fixed the one bad aspect of the E92's looks, the roofline which, IMHO, was just too high. The side vent is an interesting idea but the black trim on it doesn't work. Overall, it's well proportioned and "looks" longer and lower.
VIZSLA commented:
November 29, 2012, 3:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace14 View Post
Looks like they fixed the one bad aspect of the E92's looks, the roofline which, IMHO, was just too high. The side vent is an interesting idea but the black trim on it doesn't work. Overall, it's well proportioned and "looks" longer and lower.
The C pillar is sexier but it looks like rear headroom may have been compromised.
One of the best things about the E92 is the usable back seat.
Mace14 commented:
November 29, 2012, 8:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZSLA View Post
The C pillar is sexier but it looks like rear headroom may have been compromised.
One of the best things about the E92 is the usable back seat.
Usable for what? If anyone in front has even average length legs it's extremely cramped unless the backseat passenger is a kid in which case headroom is pretty much irrelevant.
VIZSLA commented:
November 29, 2012, 8:39 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace14 View Post
Usable for what? If anyone in front has even average length legs it's extremely cramped unless the backseat passenger is a kid in which case headroom is pretty much irrelevant.
Not my experience.
tim330i commented:
December 5, 2012, 11:54 am

BMW has released the complete 4 series concept details! Read all about it here - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=662319
screenshot commented:
December 5, 2012, 3:00 pm

lets all drive to bmw hq and ask them to start building modern e36 m3 tourings