The BMW i Window Into The Near Future digitally transforms passing cars into the all-electric BMW i3 and plug-in hybrid BMW i8 Concept vehicles — and showcases our vision for the future of mobility.
The window also calculates how much money would be saved and how many tons of CO2 emissions we can reduce annually if each transformed car were all-electric.
See the window in person at 42nd Street and 6th Avenue, across from Bryant Park in NYC, now through midnight, Saturday, November 17th.
This version of the BMW i8 Concept made its first appearance in the US as part of the BMW i Born Electric Tour. Henrik Wenders, head of BMW i8 product management, discusses the design, build and eco-friendly features of the i8 Concept with Paul Ferriaiolo. Follow our "Event Insights" videos for more interviews discussing the making of the cars, release dates and the future of purpose-built vehicles.
The BMW i Born Electric Tour NYC runs from Nov 14-18 and is open to the public from 10AM-10PM. Come by and experience the future of mobility.
BMW i vehicles will be on the road in late 2013. The Future is Closer Than You Think.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Tensioner and pulley torques
- E91 325i coolant issue?? N51/52? Engine??
- Steering wheel lock
- Rear Curtain stuck
- 320d 2011 - just dies, when i stop the car all power is gone
- 2006 318 E90 - Help!! Buzzing from fuse box!
- e90 key fob dead new ignition lock
- Interesting Comparison - need some help
- Spare Comfort Access key fob not fully working