The Detroit News got a hold of a BMW X6 for a couple days of testing. Despite having great looks and better road manners the majority of the review is spent on the shifter. The BMW shifter and shifting process does take some getting use to, I would not say that a could quirky steps are not beyond the ability for an adult to learn and memorize in a few hours. Is the BMW X6 too complicated for US drivers that want a clunky mechanical shifter on the steering column?
But the electronic automatic transmission gear shifter is overly complicated and so different from what most drivers expect that it almost assures error from anyone who hasn't spent considerable time in the vehicle.
I couldn't get it right even after almost 20 hours behind the wheel.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- replace bulb
- Alarm and Remote Start for 2011 BMW 328xi
- Engine over heating or Vacuum hose disconnected??
- New here - another hum question
- 2013 bmw 328i 2nd resonator delete?
- 2007 bmw 335i add oil
- Washed car now headlight fogged
- Hello all - new to Bimmerfest
- How to just show map without Navigation?
- e90 328i audio