BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Here's another ATS vs 3 Series Comparison

25K views 108 replies 34 participants last post by  Jamesonsviggen 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#90 ·
I went to the Hampton Roads International Auto Show today and decided to check out the ATS. It wasn't a real looker. I think they had the base model on the floor for display. The thing is there were so many elderly people surrounding the car that I could barely get a chance to sit in the thing. Cadillac has a reputation that will take decades to turn around. You can even see a walker the lady was using to get around in the photo. This is a sporty Cadillac, not sure if it would be driven that way.

Attachments

#91 ·
I went to the Hampton Roads International Auto Show today and decided to check out the ATS. It wasn't a real looker. I think they had the base model on the floor for display. The thing is there were so many elderly people surrounding the car that I could barely get a chance to sit in the thing. Cadillac has a reputation that will take decades to turn around. You can even see a walker the lady was using to get around in the photo. This is a sporty Cadillac, not sure if it would be driven that way.
Love it.

"Look Laverne, it's an inexpensive Cadillac! I think on our fixed income we can afford the $299 a month. I'm getting that HurryCane I saw on TV. It folds down so it'll fit in the trunk. Let's go to the all-you-can-eat early bird at Mabel's, soak our dentures, and talk it over."

BJ

#101 ·
Hey it's ok, Caddy does have image issue, it is also true at the auto shows there were mostly seniors looking at Caddies, and therefore the ATS.

I think if they play the card right, they will be able to recruit a lot more younger drivers, starting with ATS.

BTW, when it comes to driving enthusiasts, I am afraid the younger generations are less passionate about driving than older generations these days.

#93 · (Edited)
BJ was right about many seniors looking at the ATSs at auto shows. However, seniors are the most affluent demographics in the US now, especially those looking at luxury brands.

I have said this many times, for ATS to change Caddy's image, they need to have competitive leases. Those who just enter job market often cannot afford a 3 series, and since the 3 series can sell for more because there are plenty of established buyers out there who are willing to pay for it, it will be out of reach for many younger drivers.

Here Caddy has an opening, unintended maybe, but whether they can see it or not is questionable.

BTW, I would not call ATS boring, it stands out quite apart from many other brands. But it still lacks options. In this super competitive segment, they need to learn from the boss, provide more trims and special order items, such as performance parts. They are not nearly as resourceful as BMW in this regard.

#103 ·
The oldest of the Baby Boomers are approaching retirement age. These Senior Citizens grew up with performance cars, GTOs, Boss Mustangs, Camaro Z28s and BMW 1600s and 2002s, Datsun 240Zs, etc,
Now that they are older and now that cars have evolved they may be looking for more creature comforts than when they were younger but they are not looking for the 21st Century reincarnation of a mid 60s Cadillac that isolates them from the road. This is a very affluent segment of the population and is very important to any car company.

CA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.