Spied: 2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Trismo - Without Camo
tags:why why why f34 f32 forum f32 4 series f30post f30 forum f30 3 series bmw news bmw f35 bmw f34 bmw f33 bmw f32 bmw f31 bmw f30 bmw bimmerpost 4 series forum 3 series wagon 3 series touring 3 series news 3 series hatchback 3 series gt 3 series gran turismo 3 series forum 3 series 2014 3 series gt
The spy photographers at MotorAuthority have caught the model year 2014 BMW 3 series Gran Trismo fully exposed. The hatch back F34 3 series variant retains the sedan headlight shape and front end, adds in the the F32 coupe side vents (see the F32 4 series coupe exposed) and grafts on the hatch back and rear end of a 5 series GT. The initial reaction to the design is not entirely positive.
The newest feature, the side vent, hasn't been well received and seeing it on the F34 3 series GT implies that it is here to stay. In fact having it on the 3 series GT might indicate that the 3 series sedan could see the side vent either as a part of a model year 2014 refresh or as part of the LCI due for model year 2015.
Sharp eyes will note the vent on the 3 series GT is matte silver colored above but on the 3 series GT M Sport and on the 4 series coupe sport line the vent is high gloss black. The vent finish will be depend on the trim level i.e the "line" on the car.
With the F3x chassis BMW is not only splitting the naming up in the 3 series and 4 series but they're also dramatically expanding the models. The F3x lineup in total will include -
- F30 3 Series Sedan
- F31 3 Series Touring
- F32 4 Series Coupe
- F33 4 Series Convertible
- F34 3 Series (GT) Gran Touring
- F35 3 Series Long Wheelbase - built in China for the Chinese market
- F36 4 Series Gran Coupe
The F34 3 series Gran Turismo will come with the same engine and transmission options in the F30 sedan. The big question is will it come to the US? BMW brought the 5 series GT state side as a replacement for the 5 series wagon. With the 3 series wagon confirmed for US soil in spring of 2013 does it make sense to have both in the market?
Flip over to Motor Authority to see the entire gallery and then let us know what you think of the F34 3 series GT.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Transmission Fluid Recommendation
- Weird Rim Fading/Liquid Damage
- Big daddies mini cats for catless pipes
- Maybe not the definitve article on snow tires but still a good one
- Idk what to price my car at, so many factors, can you guys just suggest some numbers?
- 07 328i coupeturn signal replacement
- Exclamation mark with inactive sign
- FS: E90/91 Halogen Headlights
- sat radio suddenly disappeared in my 2008 335i. Please help!
- Xenon Headlight - Wire Insulation is Cracking Off - Exposed Coper Wire