BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Spied: BMW 1 Series GT / Active Tourer Test Mule Spotted

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  kosmo 
#1 ·
BMW 1 series Gran Turismo

The BMW 1 Series Gran Turismo, a gas powered variant of the recently revealed BMW Active Tourer concept has been spied testing around Munich. The concept Active Tourer shown off at the Paris Motor Show is a hybrid drive with a 3 cylinder gas engine and an electric motor and battery pack. This variant, rumored to wear the 1 Series Gran Turismo name plate is gas powered, likely a 4 cylinder N26 variant.

This test mule running around Bavaria shows that BMW is serious about bringing the 1 Series GT and the Active Tourer to market. Good news for those that are excited about the expanded product line from BMW. What do you think of this 1 series sized wagon, SUV crossover? Which drive train format would you get it in?

Gasoline powered 1 series GT

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
EEEk!

#7 ·
Looks like a fat Toyota Matrix.

#8 ·
I will echo "Why can't we just have the 1 Series hatch? Five doors, please.

I-6, normally aspirated, please.

6-speed MT, please. AT possibly acceptable, but 6 gears is still plenty for me.

I would put down a deposit tomorrow. Of course, that's easy to say, since I'm sure we have seen the last of the normally aspirated inline 6 cylinder.

#10 · (Edited)
I've test driven the 8-speed three times, and found it annoyingly busy each time. It may also have been partially due to the power characteristics of the T4 engine.

Somehow MB makes due with the NA 3.5 V6 mated with a 7 speed auto. A friend has a GLK350, and while not my favorite little SUV, it is a sweetheart of a powertrain -- with an admitted highway mileage penalty compared to the new BMW T4.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.