We've spotted the latest BMW i8 test mule cold weather endurance testing. This prototype reveals some new details never seen before and shows that the development is well underway for a debut in 2013.
For the first time the i8 is sporting the BMW Hoffmeister kink at the rear side window as well as the real side skirts that now match the i8 Concept car. Other changes are the new position of the door handles, the new sportier looking side mirrors and more visible kidney grilles.
In addition to the new details the amount of camouflage panels has dropped significantly. When compared this test mule to the previous spied i8 test mules the differences are dramatic.
BMW i8 winter testing March 2011
BMW i8 winter testing December 2012
While there is still a long way until we see the production i8 in 2014 this test mule makes me thing it is going to be a great looking car. Who else is excited about BMW electric super car?
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Anybody have experince with the fitment/lack therof of aftermarket downpipes?
- Pothole = drive malfunction, DSC errors, fuel pump failure.
- BMW e90 2005 320D ABS ecu problem
- 2007 328I MAF sensor
- What parts that cause the E90 very heavy?
- What does the snow flake symbol mean ?
- 2009 335 xdrive sedan
- Rohana RC10
- Questions regarding maintenance for my bimmer.