BMW announced the release of a second major wave of BMW M Performance Parts designed and tested for the new BWW 3 Series. On sale now through all Authorized BMW Centers, BMW M Performance Parts are accessories which have been carefully developed in collaboration with BMW M GmbH to ensure an authentic transfer of racing-derived M technology into everyday driving. In addition to the first wave of M Performance Parts which became available in Spring 2012, the latest offering includes exclusive chassis, aerodynamic, and cockpit components to further intensify the F30 3 series as The Ultimate Driving Machine®.
Aero: Form follows function
The F30 3 series now has new Aerodynamic and Exterior component choices. The BMW M Performance Front Splitter, Rocker Panel Blades, Rear Spoiler (in choice of black or carbon fiber finish), Rear Diffuser, Side Stripes, and Rocker Panel Decals are now available. Additionally, an M Sport Line Retrofit kit is now available for vehicles not originally equipped with M Sport Line.
Interior: Show that matches your Go
BMW M Performance now offers a Stainless Steel Driver's Footrest and a set of Stainless Steel Pedal Covers for manual and automatic transmission cars. Additionally, a set of BMW M Performance Floor Mats is now available, as are the BMW M Performance Carbon Fiber Parking Brake Handle with Alcantara boot.
The crowning touch, certainly, for the 3 Series interior is to install the BMW M Performance Electronic Steering Wheel which is now available for cars equipped with the Automatic, Sport Automatic, or 6-speed manual transmission. The latest-generation Electronic Steering Wheel, featuring a flat-bottom rim and covered in Alcantara, is a unique offering in the industry and allows drivers to take advantage of three separate information modes:
- EfficientDynamics Mode shows the driver real-time fuel efficiency data, average speed and efficiency data, water and oil temperatures, recommended shift points, and an EfficientDynamics Index ("EDI") calculation.
- Sport Mode features a built-in stopwatch function, G-force meter for longitudinal and lateral forces, water and oil temperatures, and multicolored LED shift lights.
- Race Mode features a stopwatch function with storage of values for up to 50 lap times (including lap, max speed, max G-forces), measurement of up to nine sector times within each lap, drag-strip simulator (LED launch countdown, reaction time, 60-foot time, 330-foot time, 1,000-foot time, 1/8th-mile time, ¼-mile time, and trap speeds).
Chassis and Exhaust: Focused performance for the 3 Series
A new BMW M Performance Suspension Kit is now available for the F30 3 Series bringing an extra measure of responsiveness and handling to the quintessential sport sedan – a car that has been named to Car and Driver's "10Best Cars" list for 22 consecutive years. New coil springs, finished in M Performance Red paint lower the ride height by 10mm, compared to the factory M Sport suspension, and by 20mm compared to the standard suspension.
This focused look can be further enhanced with the addition of 20-inch M Performance Double-Spoke wheels. These weight-optimized, forged alloy M wheels feature an exclusive bi-color design sporting a high-gloss turned finish on the face and Orbit Gray paint between the spokes. The wheels come with Pirelli P zero run-flat tires mounted and balanced. The tires are sized 225/35 R20 90Y up front and 255/30 R20 92Y in the rear.
The final dynamic touch is the availability of the M Performance Brake System. The high-performance Brembo system features compound, cross-drilled, dimpled discs mated top 4-piston aluminum calipers up front and 2-piston calipers in the rear. The calipers are available in a choice of M Performance Red, Yellow or Orange finish and sport the M logo. The discs are cross-drilled, grooved and internally vented to optimize thermal resistance and feature aluminum hats to reduce unsprung weight. The front discs measure 370mm x 30mm (14.6 in. x 1.2 in.), the rears 345mm x 24mm (13.6 in. x 0.9 in.).
The available M Performance Exhaust helps both the new 328i and 335i to sound, look and breath better. Developed using state-of-the-art CAD and FEM technology, the stainless steel exhaust improves both the note and the performance. The unique chrome exhaust tips are laser-engraved with the M logo. The system reduces back pressure lends an even sportier tone to either the TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder of the 328i or the TwinPower Turbo Inline-6 in the 335i (BMW N20 and N55 Make Ward's 10 Best Engines List)
Enthusiasts now have the ability to tailor their new 3 Series to suit their performance tastes with OEM quality parts thanks to the latest enhancements from BMW M Performance Parts. These accessories are available now exclusively through your authorized BMW Center just in time for the holidays.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- "another" e90x gauge pod mod
- what are the strongest rims for e92
- Lux Angle eyes
- Bavsound Ghost under seat subwoofer's in Logic7 car?
- Finaly replaced run flats. OMG!!
- A car hasn't been serviced since 2013?
- Considering moving from E46
- New, need help with bluetooth audio!
- 335 Diesel blue def computer reset
- New Umnitza Headlamps in 08 328xi