New BMW M Performance Parts for the F30 3 Series

by Tim Jones on December 14, 2012, 5:10 pm
F30 3 Series BMW M Performance Parts

BMW announced the release of a second major wave of BMW M Performance Parts designed and tested for the new BWW 3 Series. On sale now through all Authorized BMW Centers, BMW M Performance Parts are accessories which have been carefully developed in collaboration with BMW M GmbH to ensure an authentic transfer of racing-derived M technology into everyday driving. In addition to the first wave of M Performance Parts which became available in Spring 2012, the latest offering includes exclusive chassis, aerodynamic, and cockpit components to further intensify the F30 3 series as The Ultimate Driving Machine®.

Aero: Form follows function
The F30 3 series now has new Aerodynamic and Exterior component choices. The BMW M Performance Front Splitter, Rocker Panel Blades, Rear Spoiler (in choice of black or carbon fiber finish), Rear Diffuser, Side Stripes, and Rocker Panel Decals are now available. Additionally, an M Sport Line Retrofit kit is now available for vehicles not originally equipped with M Sport Line.

Interior: Show that matches your Go
BMW M Performance now offers a Stainless Steel Driver's Footrest and a set of Stainless Steel Pedal Covers for manual and automatic transmission cars. Additionally, a set of BMW M Performance Floor Mats is now available, as are the BMW M Performance Carbon Fiber Parking Brake Handle with Alcantara boot.

M Performance steering wheel

The crowning touch, certainly, for the 3 Series interior is to install the BMW M Performance Electronic Steering Wheel which is now available for cars equipped with the Automatic, Sport Automatic, or 6-speed manual transmission. The latest-generation Electronic Steering Wheel, featuring a flat-bottom rim and covered in Alcantara, is a unique offering in the industry and allows drivers to take advantage of three separate information modes:
  • EfficientDynamics Mode shows the driver real-time fuel efficiency data, average speed and efficiency data, water and oil temperatures, recommended shift points, and an EfficientDynamics Index ("EDI") calculation.
  • Sport Mode features a built-in stopwatch function, G-force meter for longitudinal and lateral forces, water and oil temperatures, and multicolored LED shift lights.
  • Race Mode features a stopwatch function with storage of values for up to 50 lap times (including lap, max speed, max G-forces), measurement of up to nine sector times within each lap, drag-strip simulator (LED launch countdown, reaction time, 60-foot time, 330-foot time, 1,000-foot time, 1/8th-mile time, ¼-mile time, and trap speeds).

M Performance blackout grills

Chassis and Exhaust: Focused performance for the 3 Series
A new BMW M Performance Suspension Kit is now available for the F30 3 Series bringing an extra measure of responsiveness and handling to the quintessential sport sedan – a car that has been named to Car and Driver's "10Best Cars" list for 22 consecutive years. New coil springs, finished in M Performance Red paint lower the ride height by 10mm, compared to the factory M Sport suspension, and by 20mm compared to the standard suspension.

This focused look can be further enhanced with the addition of 20-inch M Performance Double-Spoke wheels. These weight-optimized, forged alloy M wheels feature an exclusive bi-color design sporting a high-gloss turned finish on the face and Orbit Gray paint between the spokes. The wheels come with Pirelli P zero run-flat tires mounted and balanced. The tires are sized 225/35 R20 90Y up front and 255/30 R20 92Y in the rear.

F30 3 series M Performance Brake System

The final dynamic touch is the availability of the M Performance Brake System. The high-performance Brembo system features compound, cross-drilled, dimpled discs mated top 4-piston aluminum calipers up front and 2-piston calipers in the rear. The calipers are available in a choice of M Performance Red, Yellow or Orange finish and sport the M logo. The discs are cross-drilled, grooved and internally vented to optimize thermal resistance and feature aluminum hats to reduce unsprung weight. The front discs measure 370mm x 30mm (14.6 in. x 1.2 in.), the rears 345mm x 24mm (13.6 in. x 0.9 in.).

M Performance exhaust

The available M Performance Exhaust helps both the new 328i and 335i to sound, look and breath better. Developed using state-of-the-art CAD and FEM technology, the stainless steel exhaust improves both the note and the performance. The unique chrome exhaust tips are laser-engraved with the M logo. The system reduces back pressure lends an even sportier tone to either the TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder of the 328i or the TwinPower Turbo Inline-6 in the 335i (BMW N20 and N55 Make Ward's 10 Best Engines List)

Enthusiasts now have the ability to tailor their new 3 Series to suit their performance tastes with OEM quality parts thanks to the latest enhancements from BMW M Performance Parts. These accessories are available now exclusively through your authorized BMW Center just in time for the holidays.
BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 1BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 2BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 3BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 4BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 5BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 6BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 7BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 8BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 9BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 10BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 11BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 12

Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.

18 responses to New BMW M Performance Parts for the F30 3 Series

chris328 commented:
December 14, 2012, 5:46 pm

i really hope there will be similar available for f32 when it launches and not have to wait for a year.
Chris90 commented:
December 14, 2012, 6:58 pm

is BMW going to release more Performance Packages, so people don't have to buy this stuff piecemeal?
samualcc commented:
December 14, 2012, 7:02 pm

Yes 328i exhaust! Must get a sound bite!
MonkeyCMonkeyDo commented:
December 14, 2012, 7:18 pm

Announcement but nothing added to the shopbmwusa website. Booo!
boltjaM3s commented:
December 14, 2012, 10:21 pm

Quote:

A new BMW M Performance Suspension Kit is now available for the new 3 Series Sedan bringing an extra measure of responsiveness and handling to the quintessential sport sedan – a car that has been named to Car and Driver's "10Best Cars" list for 22 consecutive years. New coil springs, finished in M Performance Red paint lower the ride height by 10mm, compared to the factory M Sport suspension, and by 20mm compared to the standard suspension.
My Luxury line has the standard suspension.

I need to reduce body roll, but do not want a rock-hard firm suspension like I had in my E90 M-Sport. Based on past suspension kits like this, anyone have an idea if this will solve my problem? Or will this make my suspension as firm as a Sport line or worse? Is this the same as the passive Sport line suspension or is it something else entirely?

BJ
dtc100 commented:
December 14, 2012, 11:25 pm

Is there a price list for the new performance parts? Can they be installed at the port?

BJ I thought body roll is what luxury is all about. If you do not want body roll, and also don't want harsh ride, give the ATS a try.
755MSL commented:
December 15, 2012, 1:48 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post

I need to reduce body roll, but do not want a rock-hard firm suspension like I had in my E90 M-Sport. Based on past suspension kits like this, anyone have an idea if this will solve my problem? Or will this make my suspension as firm as a Sport line or worse? Is this the same as the passive Sport line suspension or is it something else entirely?

BJ
If you take the Luxury Line suspension to be standard, the Sport/M-Sport suspensions drop 10mm below standard. The M-Performance suspension drops 20mm below standard.

The Sport/M-Sport suspensions in the F30 have been softened up compared to the M-Sport suspension from the E9X cars. You can liken the new M-Performance suspension to the rock hard suspension you used to deal with in your previous car.

What you are actually looking for is the suspension in the Sport/M-Sport cars, that suspension will match your needs - soft enough but not too soft and prevents body roll.
dtc100 commented:
December 15, 2012, 8:37 am

There is even an m-sport body kit for non m-sport trim. BMW is indeed listening. This, plus the 20mm body drop, will likely make it much more acceptable to enthusiasts.
MMME30W commented:
December 15, 2012, 8:56 am

"Additionally, a set of BMW M Performance Floor Mats is now available."

:notsureifserious:

Really?
White05X3 commented:
December 15, 2012, 12:55 pm

BJ the springs will have a negative impact on ride quality but will reduce some body lean. Consider installing the sway bars from the M Sport as they will have the least negative consequences for ride quality, will absolutely fit and not break anything, won't change ride height or reduce suspension travel and will reduce body roll.
Chris90 commented:
December 16, 2012, 8:13 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post

BJ
All springs do is lower the car, which isn't going to help you much. Why didn't you get the variable suspension (DHP?)?
beden1 commented:
December 16, 2012, 9:49 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by White05X3 View Post
BJ the springs will have a negative impact on ride quality but will reduce some body lean. Consider installing the sway bars from the M Sport as they will have the least negative consequences for ride quality, will absolutely fit and not break anything, won't change ride height or reduce suspension travel and will reduce body roll.
This!
Jamesonsviggen commented:
December 16, 2012, 10:15 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by samualcc View Post
Yes 328i exhaust! Must get a sound bite!
Sound bites have been posted. It's a bit on the meek side and likely will offer little to no power.

My Rogue development catback sounded just right, shaved off 18% of the weight, made 7whp 20ftlbs of tq, and will cost less. The production unit will be here and on the car in under a month.
Naidoo commented:
December 16, 2012, 12:57 pm

Anyone have the m performance exhaust installed on their 335? I wanted to know if there is a noticeable performance improvement.
beden1 commented:
December 16, 2012, 1:08 pm

"The final dynamic touch is the availability of the M Performance Brake System. The high-performance Brembo system features compound, cross-drilled, dimpled discs mated top 4-piston aluminum calipers up front and 2-piston calipers in the rear. The calipers are available in a choice of M Performance Red, Yellow or Orange finish and sport the M logo. The discs are cross-drilled, grooved and internally vented to optimize thermal resistance and feature aluminum hats to reduce unsprung weight."

What a rip off. Have to buy Brembos to get finished brake calipers. Why doesn't BMW include decent brake calipers as standard as does Audi, Corvette, Camaro, Mercedes and Porsche, etc., etc.?

boltjaM3s commented:
December 16, 2012, 3:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by White05X3 View Post
Thanks.

Going to ask Santa to stop by my BMW dealer and put 'em under the tree next week.

BJ
furby076 commented:
December 20, 2012, 3:22 pm

Everything but that stripe is great. That stripe reminds me of a mustang. Get rid of it.
kkapdolee commented:
April 8, 2013, 8:14 pm

Does anyone have a picture of BMW M Performance Floor mats?

[EDIT] Nevermind. It's in the above video at 1:30.