BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

6WB Multifunctional Instrument Panel Retrofit

45K views 79 replies 18 participants last post by  andreo 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am very happy to show you the latest upgrade we did for one of our customers a few days ago.
We retrofitted the Multifunctional Instrument Panel in an F13 built when this cluster was not yet available.
Thank you Hung for choosing BimmerTech! :thumbup:

This retrofit can be done in the following models: F01, F02, F06, F10, F11, F12, F13.

I think it looks just great!!! How do you guys like it?

See less See more
#52 ·
Unlike cruise control, LIM setting does not show up on the HUD with the standard instrument cluster, not even briefly. It does not look likely that it will be any different with the 6WB. I can only hope.

DJ, please do share what you discover.

#53 ·
Looks awesome. Is this going to be standard on 2014 6 series? I thought I saw someone say they received their '14 and it didn't have it. I don't know what's taking BMW so long to introduce these in the US already, as they indicated in the 2013 7 Series promotional video that it was one of the features that'd be standard on that MY - but it still hasn't happened.

#58 · (Edited)
It would be hard to take a pic, I would have to get someone to run in front of the car and snap a picture real quick. It basically flashes an icon of a yellow person walking, and if it thinks you are getting too close too fast it will beep as well. It's pretty much the same as the forward alert just with a person instead of a car. The person also doesn't have to be right in front of the car, it warns you if it thinks the person is going to walk in front of you. So if it sees a person walking perpendicular to you towards the street it will warn you before he actually starts crossing the street. Night vision camera does this either way, the difference with this code is that the camera doesn't have to be on.

I wouldn't try it though unless you do coding yourself since this code really has only been tested by him and myself and he is having some issues with it on his F10. I will PM you a list of codes I think you would like and that Patryks guy could easily do.

#59 ·
Lol, it certainly would be difficult to snap a pic, especially when the car has to be traveling at a certain speed with a pedestrian in its path. I suppose the HUD indicators are identical to those when the NV cam is on anyway.

Could you PM me over at 6Post instead? I don't think my PM is activated yet on this forum. Still a newbie. Thanks.

#60 ·
Folks, here are a few pics of how LIM looks like in the various drive modes after the 6WB cluster upgrade.

It shows LIMIT at the bottom of the speedo dial and a green triangle appears at the set speed. Markings on the speedo beyond the set limit for Comfort and Eco Pro modes are removed to only indicate the allowable speeds. If the vehicle goes beyond the set speed limit, the LIMIT sign will blink.

Overall, this function is vastly improved over the 6WA implementation. :thumbup:

Attachments

#62 ·
That's odd. Did the LIMIT function come with the car or coded? There may be some codes that need to be set in order for the display to respond accordingly. Shawn to the rescue? Let me know if you need me to help check any specific codes for comparison.

#79 ·
Does anyone know a good resource to purchase a new and not used instrument cluster? Thanks in advance!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.