Bimmerfest.com is live at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show bringing you coverage of BMW and other highlights from the show. The biggest BMW news so far is the 4 Series Coupe concept. Successor to the 3 series coupe the new BMW 4 series writes a bold new chapter in BMWs history. Wider, lower, longer and more aggressively styled then the outgoing E92 3 series coupe the 4 series has a love it or hate it styling.
More pictures of the 4 Series Coupe
The concept 4 series coupe is a preview of what BMW will be releasing as a 2014 model year. The production model will be toned down with smaller wheels and less aggressive front and rear bumpers but the main sheet metal lines will remain.
In person the 4 series is the sexiest car out of Munich. The much discussed F30 3 Series front end looks right at home with the aggressive styling of the 4 series. The car is very handsome in person and the side vents are more interested and dynamic then they appear in person. Additional stand out features include:
- Side 'boomerang' vent appears to be functional
- Front kidney grills are NOT functional to increase aerodynamic performance
- Mirrors have F1 style aero spoilers and look great in person
- It is low! There is almost no wheel gap, something that surely won't be the case with the production car
- Dash features BMW Black Panel Technology
- The full leather dash looks amazing
- The BMW Individual twisted leather interior looks just as bad in person as it does in photos
- Backseat headroom doesn't look any better then the E92 3 series coupe
Gallery: 4 Series Coupe Concept at Detroit Auto Show
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Nav Screen works no sound/ door chime from speakers
- Harmonic Balancer or Power steering pump?
- BMW 335i 2009 @ Carmax
- E92 335i throttle body sound wire
- New Shocks vs. Blown Shocks VIDEO
- Change plugs at 20,000 on an N54 engine?
- buying demo
- can't figure out what the notification is
- My foglight dilemma
- BMW 328xi 2007 misfire cant find the problem, any tips?