Bimmerfest.com is live at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show bringing you coverage of BMW and other highlights from the show. The biggest BMW news so far is the 4 Series Coupe concept. Successor to the 3 series coupe the new BMW 4 series writes a bold new chapter in BMWs history. Wider, lower, longer and more aggressively styled then the outgoing E92 3 series coupe the 4 series has a love it or hate it styling.
More pictures of the 4 Series Coupe
The concept 4 series coupe is a preview of what BMW will be releasing as a 2014 model year. The production model will be toned down with smaller wheels and less aggressive front and rear bumpers but the main sheet metal lines will remain.
In person the 4 series is the sexiest car out of Munich. The much discussed F30 3 Series front end looks right at home with the aggressive styling of the 4 series. The car is very handsome in person and the side vents are more interested and dynamic then they appear in person. Additional stand out features include:
- Side 'boomerang' vent appears to be functional
- Front kidney grills are NOT functional to increase aerodynamic performance
- Mirrors have F1 style aero spoilers and look great in person
- It is low! There is almost no wheel gap, something that surely won't be the case with the production car
- Dash features BMW Black Panel Technology
- The full leather dash looks amazing
- The BMW Individual twisted leather interior looks just as bad in person as it does in photos
- Backseat headroom doesn't look any better then the E92 3 series coupe
Gallery: 4 Series Coupe Concept at Detroit Auto Show
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Pandora in 335d
- Fsc Gen. - "fsc.bat line" to year of update or car????
- Extended Warrenty Info
- Maintenance 335i cost
- Road noise
- "Left Cornering Light" malfunction question?
- Need Help with 2006 325i
- 7-speed 3 series?
- Brake upgrade options on my 328i coupe M sport
- Rotors not covered under X-maintenance