2014 BMW X5 Revealed - Photo leak!
These are the first images with the 2014 BMW X5 ahead of its launch sometime this year.
The third generation of the German SUV – codenamed F15 – has been spotted on a recently launched brochure of scale models made by Jadi Modelcraft. The photos were uploaded on the Facebook account of one of their dealers (Diecast Empire) and we get to see how the new X5 is shaping up.
If these images turn out to be accurate, the 2014 X5 will get the front fascia of the 3-Series, with the air vents on both sides of the front bumper from the 4-Series, while at the back the taillights come from the X3. We already know the interior will be more premium and in the United States (at least) it will be offered with a third-row seating option.
There aren't any confirmed details about the engine lineup, but it could include a 2.0-liter diesel with 245 hp (183 kW), a 3.0-liter diesel with 302 hp (225 kW) and a V8 4.4-liter twin-turbo generating 402 hp (300 kW). A hybrid variant is also possible, featuring a 3.0-liter twin-turbo and an electric motor generating a combined output of 335 hp (340 PS) and 332 lb-ft (450 Nm).
The X5 M is expected to get a different wheel/tire combo, a specially tuned suspension and slightly more power from the V8 4.4-liter turbo which in the current X5 M version puts out 547 hp (408 kW) and 502 lb-ft (680 Nm).
Like the new front, hate the back. Feels like a bigger X3 to me. meh.
It definitely looks high end and upscale. BMW didn't screw it up I think.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Alcantara steering wheel?!
- Road trip complete.
- Convertible chrome to black?
- Dealer charged my mom $247.50 for SIB 34 03 13
- Always clean up BEFORE starting your engine after an oil change.
- Low Oil Warning and 2E9F Oil Sensor Fault
- Quick query re Air filter change and CBS
- Have a problem with taillight on e90 328i
- Interests in buying an 08 335i with 85,000 miles
- Acura dealership turns rotors but no BMW places will