BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2014 BMW X5 revealed in leak!

55K views 134 replies 55 participants last post by  willie.calcote 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
BMW F15 X5 leaked

F15 BMW X5 revealed

These are the first images with the 2014 BMW X5 ahead of its launch sometime this year.
The third generation of the German SUV ***8211; codenamed F15 ***8211; has been spotted on a recently launched brochure of scale models made by Jadi Modelcraft. The photos were uploaded on the Facebook account of one of their dealers (Diecast Empire) and we get to see how the new X5 is shaping up.
If these images turn out to be accurate, the 2014 X5 will get the front fascia of the 3-Series, with the air vents on both sides of the front bumper from the 4-Series, while at the back the taillights come from the X3. We already know the interior will be more premium and in the United States (at least) it will be offered with a third-row seating option.
There aren't any confirmed details about the engine lineup, but it could include a 2.0-liter diesel with 245 hp (183 kW), a 3.0-liter diesel with 302 hp (225 kW) and a V8 4.4-liter twin-turbo generating 402 hp (300 kW). A hybrid variant is also possible, featuring a 3.0-liter twin-turbo and an electric motor generating a combined output of 335 hp (340 PS) and 332 lb-ft (450 Nm).
The X5 M is expected to get a different wheel/tire combo, a specially tuned suspension and slightly more power from the V8 4.4-liter turbo which in the current X5 M version puts out 547 hp (408 kW) and 502 lb-ft (680 Nm).

From Worldcarfans.com

Like the new front, hate the back. Feels like a bigger X3 to me. meh.

It definitely looks high end and upscale. BMW didn't screw it up I think.

See less See more
#130 ·
What is the latest I could order and take delivery of a 2013 X5? I don't like the 2014 and my BMWCCA membership doesn't hit 365 days until mid September. Can I still get a 2013and get the $1,000 rebate?
The manufacturing lines typically shut down for ~1 month to re-tool for a new model. So since the F15 begins production in August, that likely means the last E70s will be made in he ~July timeframe. So if you want to order, you would need to do so in time to get a July production date. Not sure how you would possibly pull off your rebate if you don't hit your 1-year anniversary until September.

Sorry.

#132 ·
Autobild^ im guessing.

Its confusing, since alot of the mockups are somewhat different in front end design. My only hope for the F15, is if they stick with the design that was captured on camera after the vehicle was left in the BMW dismantling facilities. That car, even without the headlights and trimmings, was mean looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.