BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2014 BMW X5 revealed in leak!

54K views 134 replies 55 participants last post by  willie.calcote 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
BMW F15 X5 leaked

F15 BMW X5 revealed

These are the first images with the 2014 BMW X5 ahead of its launch sometime this year.
The third generation of the German SUV ***8211; codenamed F15 ***8211; has been spotted on a recently launched brochure of scale models made by Jadi Modelcraft. The photos were uploaded on the Facebook account of one of their dealers (Diecast Empire) and we get to see how the new X5 is shaping up.
If these images turn out to be accurate, the 2014 X5 will get the front fascia of the 3-Series, with the air vents on both sides of the front bumper from the 4-Series, while at the back the taillights come from the X3. We already know the interior will be more premium and in the United States (at least) it will be offered with a third-row seating option.
There aren't any confirmed details about the engine lineup, but it could include a 2.0-liter diesel with 245 hp (183 kW), a 3.0-liter diesel with 302 hp (225 kW) and a V8 4.4-liter twin-turbo generating 402 hp (300 kW). A hybrid variant is also possible, featuring a 3.0-liter twin-turbo and an electric motor generating a combined output of 335 hp (340 PS) and 332 lb-ft (450 Nm).
The X5 M is expected to get a different wheel/tire combo, a specially tuned suspension and slightly more power from the V8 4.4-liter turbo which in the current X5 M version puts out 547 hp (408 kW) and 502 lb-ft (680 Nm).

From Worldcarfans.com

Like the new front, hate the back. Feels like a bigger X3 to me. meh.

It definitely looks high end and upscale. BMW didn't screw it up I think.

See less See more
#7 ·
Looks like a Touareg. :rolleyes:

- Mike

#10 ·

Could be due to bad resolution of the first picture, but put E70 and F15 side by side, and regular folks will have a hard time figuring out which one is newer vehicle..

Looks like the only things that changed in F15 is tail lights, head lights, couple contour lines, and a new hole in the fenders (they call them air vents).

I really dont think any of those changes are for the better. The stance is somewhat less aggressive, which is why they are trying to overcompensate the lack of aggression with the overly "mean" headlights...

Will need to see how F15 looks in real life, but so far, not planning to trade up.

#11 ·
Oh man....who hit this
Car with the ugly stick?

Please be a terrible render!

#17 · (Edited)
If that means it inherits the best of both, that's not a bad thing at all...

Seriously now, I think I'm in the minority because I like the new design, overall. I never liked the shape of the rear lights on the E70 and for one I'm glad they went with that of the X3 (which to my eyes looks much better). The F15 is definitely evolutionary and not revolutionary, but I still like it. Can't wait to upgrade in a couple of years when my lease expires. I'm also looking forward to the lighter weight and hopefully a more powerful diesel option...

#15 · (Edited)
I always thought the rear view is the best of the E70. The best of all SUVs including the RR. Some of that is lost judging from these pix. I never really liked the E70 front very much and the F15 does not look any better. It does look squared off with oversized headlights and grill. Overall it's not a disaster but it seem to have lost some of it's unique styling and leans a bit more towards the people carrier look aka the Q7. From the pix I give it a B. I'd buy it if it's otherwise the best SUV.

I think they've done a superb job with the side view creases, especially the mid line and how it curves at the rear wheel making the rear fenders seem flared and muscular, very nice.

#27 ·
I always thought the rear view is the best of the E70. The best of all SUVs including the RR. Some of that is lost judging from these pix. I never really liked the E70 front very much and the F15 does not look any better.
+1 :thumbup:

The E70 isn't going to win any beauty contests. :p

The new one looks "ok", just like the current version. I don't understand the X3 comments, especially since it was only in the most recent generation that the X3 basically became a scaled down version of the X5. The X3 looks like an X5, not the other way around. :dunno:

P.S. What is the deal with the trend back to poo brown colors? :rofl:

#18 · (Edited)
I agree with those who think this can hurt the E70 resale value quite a bit since while not necessarily being much better looking it does make the E70 look quite dated in the pix in serge1's post. The more I look at it the more I like it and I really don't like brown cars. The big question remains though, how does it drive?

#20 ·
I must say I don't dislike it, if indeed the picture is the actual car, from previous pictures on other post it look like a minivan. But this one looks mean. This thing in black would be sick! But lets wait and see the actual car in person to pass final judgment...

#24 ·
"since i own the old version, i will immediately say this sucks"

since i dont subscribe to that school of thought, i will honestly say that the F15 (if this indeed is the F15) is a very graceful looking truck in the front. the back, not great, but overal, very handsome

#31 ·
"since i own the old version, i will immediately say this sucks"
Not entirely true for everyone...
I was driving a 2010 535i E60 and I was not happy with how the current 5 series looked and drove... Otherwise I would be driving around in the F10.

But I agree that there are probably people trying to make themselves feel better by saying that the new one is ugly. :)

#28 ·
I really like the front and the forward reaching side crease. The hood needs a more noticeable center bump like the current gen. The back is horrible and looks exactly like a bloated X3 that I just had as a loaner while my 2013 50i was in the shop. I hated everything about the X3 looks in comparison to my X5, especially the rear end. Did I already mention that...? The roofline slopes down way too much, not as bad is the Infiniti FX or whatever they call it now, but to me it's odd looking.

If they could keep the existing rear look it would be a VERY nice looking replacement. Right now I'm not sorry I went ahead and leased a 2013, I can wait a little over 2 years and get the F15.

#32 ·
There is a nice Latin maxim ***8220;De gustibus non est disputandum***8221;

When you see the car, you know if you want it or not. When I saw the pics of F15 posted today, I thought (hoped) it is photoshop work ***8211; especially the rear view is just ugly (for me).

It seems that it might be real design and some people like it. Good for them.

If it is real design, it is not so nice like e.g. the new 4 series concept. This car is very nice, so nice that I am trying to find a justification to have it though I do not like anything smaller than 5 series. But again ***8220;De gustibus non est disputandum***8221;

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.