BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2014 BMW X5 revealed in leak!

54K views 134 replies 55 participants last post by  willie.calcote 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
BMW F15 X5 leaked

F15 BMW X5 revealed

These are the first images with the 2014 BMW X5 ahead of its launch sometime this year.
The third generation of the German SUV ***8211; codenamed F15 ***8211; has been spotted on a recently launched brochure of scale models made by Jadi Modelcraft. The photos were uploaded on the Facebook account of one of their dealers (Diecast Empire) and we get to see how the new X5 is shaping up.
If these images turn out to be accurate, the 2014 X5 will get the front fascia of the 3-Series, with the air vents on both sides of the front bumper from the 4-Series, while at the back the taillights come from the X3. We already know the interior will be more premium and in the United States (at least) it will be offered with a third-row seating option.
There aren't any confirmed details about the engine lineup, but it could include a 2.0-liter diesel with 245 hp (183 kW), a 3.0-liter diesel with 302 hp (225 kW) and a V8 4.4-liter twin-turbo generating 402 hp (300 kW). A hybrid variant is also possible, featuring a 3.0-liter twin-turbo and an electric motor generating a combined output of 335 hp (340 PS) and 332 lb-ft (450 Nm).
The X5 M is expected to get a different wheel/tire combo, a specially tuned suspension and slightly more power from the V8 4.4-liter turbo which in the current X5 M version puts out 547 hp (408 kW) and 502 lb-ft (680 Nm).

From Worldcarfans.com

Like the new front, hate the back. Feels like a bigger X3 to me. meh.

It definitely looks high end and upscale. BMW didn't screw it up I think.

See less See more
#33 ·
I love my 12 X5d and this nut didn't fall too far from the tree and keep in mind what interior changes may come in this package if this is the correct image. At first glance it almost looked a little Jeepish looking but of course when you stare at the grille work that goes away. Kind of glad it's not like "oh man this makes my 12 look so yesterday", lol, but I think by the time it hits the showroom floor folks will have their wallet out. I ordered the wife a 13 Cayenne diesel loaded up, will be here in March so it will be a lot of fun with "na na na na na, mine is better than you're s. Will see.......Not ready to hate on this one.

#38 ·
You need to wait for the M Sport for the more aggressive rear end, doesn't look that different then the current except they added the silver plastic like the X3 and X1 have with X-Line exterior trim package, I'm betting this X5 has the X-Line treatment.

#37 ·
The new look is not as bad as previous pictures. I am glad that F15 did not have a 3 series like headlight where it narrows to the grill. The front hood looks kinda odd. It slanted inwards. I hope that is just poor rendering of the picture. Otherwise, I don't hate it. It pretty much looks like a slight modification from E70 as far as I can tell. I gives it a maybe pending a closer look at the hood with some real photos.

#39 ·
Like the new front, hate the back. Feels like a bigger X3 to me. meh.

It definitely looks high end and upscale. BMW didn't screw it up I think.
Totally agree.
As expected, lost some of the muscular stance of the E70. Weak rear styling, but not bad up front as far as a changed face in line with the other recent models.
In no hurry to give up mine for this...

#41 · (Edited)
Not impressed, looks girlish to me. I hope it will look better when seen in person. If it comes with the new electric steering big NO Thanks! I am not paying 60k+ for Toyota with BMW badge
Do you think the E70 looks dated? Not to me

Photobucket

#45 ·
I like what ND40oz said; wait for the M sport package to judge. Cause honestly, IMO, the F10 doesn't look too sporty/aggressive/masculine at all W/O the M sport package (not knocking non M sports).

I absolutely love the look of my E70 but was initially concerned about a newer and better model coming out right away. Although this is just a rough idea of the next X5, I'm very happy I stuck with the E70 because I don't think any new model will beat its aggressive looks.

#46 ·
That picture looks better than anything I've seen with camo on it. I like the front end there...looks more bull-nosed and "angry." I also like the side contour lines, but could do without the side vent. I'm curious to see how that translates on road spray to the vehicle on wet conditions.

#66 ·
Disappointing...

My hopes are that the pictures that were 'leaked' are not 100% exact as they were intended for model cars.

I actually received a call from my dealer yesterday afternoon and he said that while they didn't have any pictures of it yet, that the new 2014 X5 was going to start production in August 2013.

I have my 2011 X5 (purchased 07/2010) and have been waiting for the 2014 X5 to come out for a while now as my intention was to swap out the 2011 for the new 2014.

As others have mentioned, lets not get 'too' critical of a picture of a model at this point and see what ends up on the new car circuit this year.

I'm personally hoping for a better exterior than what is depicted here, LED headlights and taillights along with an updated interior to mirror that of the 650i and possibly a really nice M package with a nice selection of staggered wheels.

On the engine front, a higher power diesel would be really nice, but with some significant gains in MPG. I look at what most folks are getting with their 35d's and I'm getting the exact same thing with my 35i.

To sum it all up, I'm really hoping to see a final actual vehicle soon as if it's not any much better inside and out, I'm just going to order a new 2013 X5M while we still can.

#71 ·
the reason is that it would be probably single turbo and 35d is double/twin-turbo (whatever the name), 35d US spec was downgraded in terms of power in comparison to Euro spec; 40d is double/twin-turbo and has 306 BHP right now, it is likely it will be more powerful in 2013/2014

#74 ·
In this case having two versus one turbo does not mean more means better.

The N54 engine was a parallel twin-turbochargers while the N55 is a single twin scroll turbocharger. Both engines produced same output but the N55 was more fuel efficient, lower emissions, less turbo lag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.