BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2014 BMW X5 revealed in leak!

54K views 134 replies 55 participants last post by  willie.calcote 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
BMW F15 X5 leaked

F15 BMW X5 revealed

These are the first images with the 2014 BMW X5 ahead of its launch sometime this year.
The third generation of the German SUV ***8211; codenamed F15 ***8211; has been spotted on a recently launched brochure of scale models made by Jadi Modelcraft. The photos were uploaded on the Facebook account of one of their dealers (Diecast Empire) and we get to see how the new X5 is shaping up.
If these images turn out to be accurate, the 2014 X5 will get the front fascia of the 3-Series, with the air vents on both sides of the front bumper from the 4-Series, while at the back the taillights come from the X3. We already know the interior will be more premium and in the United States (at least) it will be offered with a third-row seating option.
There aren't any confirmed details about the engine lineup, but it could include a 2.0-liter diesel with 245 hp (183 kW), a 3.0-liter diesel with 302 hp (225 kW) and a V8 4.4-liter twin-turbo generating 402 hp (300 kW). A hybrid variant is also possible, featuring a 3.0-liter twin-turbo and an electric motor generating a combined output of 335 hp (340 PS) and 332 lb-ft (450 Nm).
The X5 M is expected to get a different wheel/tire combo, a specially tuned suspension and slightly more power from the V8 4.4-liter turbo which in the current X5 M version puts out 547 hp (408 kW) and 502 lb-ft (680 Nm).

From Worldcarfans.com

Like the new front, hate the back. Feels like a bigger X3 to me. meh.

It definitely looks high end and upscale. BMW didn't screw it up I think.

See less See more
#78 ·
The difference in the fuel consumption between 30d and 40d is minimal

30d
city l/100 km 8,7
highway in l/100 km 6,7
mix in l/100 km 7,4

40d
city in l/100 km 8,8
highway in l/100 km 6,8
mix in l/100 km 7,5

#84 ·
It does not seem to be much of a downgrade if it is only 10 hp and 10 ft-lb. I am more concern about the 8 speed transmission since way too many on this site complained about the lag.

Nevertheless, has new engine specification been confirmed. I thought it was just rumors. Lets not read too much into it until BMW release the data.

#85 ·
It does not seem to be much of a downgrade if it is only 10 hp and 10 ft-lb. I am more concern about the 8 speed transmission since way too many on this site complained about the lag.

Nevertheless, has new engine specification been confirmed. I thought it was just rumors. Lets not read too much into it until BMW release the data.
The 8-speed auto will improve acceleration and fuel economy, but at the expense of "hunting" while under way. Some like it, others do not. :dunno:

- Mike

#90 ·
Yeah, I'd rather have a 6MT as well, but the ZF autos are great transmissions. It's clearly a BMW programming issue since Audi doesn't seem to have this problem with the 8HP45, heck the F30 doesn't seem to have it either.

#95 ·
I have a 2010 X5d with 3rd row seating and my father just got a 2013 X3 and I found the interior seating space of X3 to be not much different than my X5.

As each generation of X5 has grown bigger, I am hoping for a bigger 3rd-row seats (also with more space behind the 3rd row seat) in the next gen X5 as my kids have grown bigger. Would not want consider the GL350Bluetec b/c MB is just too soft.

#100 ·
I heavily doubt that BMW is going to add a 9 speed tranny for the X5. Usually the transmission launches concide with the 7. BUT again ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

The lag issue has been prevalent since the X3 6 speed debacle. Anyone else recall the massive thread on the e83 thread about transmission lagg/lurch. Its been going on with their programming for agess, and it still hasnt been addressed properly.

I have a feeling that were gonna be seeing more variety in the X5 lineup. What do i mean?

In keeping with the growing portfolio of BMW and keeping pace with capturing more of the luxury market demographic, BMW is gonna play to their strengths:

Currently we have three different buyers of BMW:

1) Those who simply want BMW the material brand at minimal cost (just want the experience and socio-economic status of owning a BMW) (BMW X5 Base)
2) Those who want the BMW the performance eco brand (BMW diesel)
3) Those who want the BMW the performance brand (BMW X5 50i and M)

This is great but they can certainly add more models in between to get more:

Example:

1) Those who simply want BMW the material brand at minimal cost (just want the experience and social-economic status of owning a BMW) (BMW X5 Base)
1a) Those who want the BMW the performance eco brand at minimal cost (BMW lower output diesel)
2) Those who want the BMW the performance eco brand (BMW diesel)
3) Those who want the BMW the performance brand (BMW X5 50i and M)

With the addition of 1a, they can honestly eliminate the eco credit, and just offer the lower output diesel instead.

Again TOO MANY POSSIBILITIES.

But im expecting different output versions of gas or petrol

#103 ·
from what i understand this is the real deal according to what i was reading in Xoutpost, looks like a base model (i hope) i do see the "square" tips maybe 5.0 :(.

i hate how high the bumper over hangs on the fenders. a little fender bender and there goes your nose lol

#106 ·
I thought the previous one was okay. The new leaked lights is even more like 3 series. I don't like it on the SUV. Even the 3 series seemed questionable with those front lights.

I hope LCI update will fix the issues.
Sent from my LG-P999 using Bimmer App

#107 · (Edited)
Render seems to be spot on, based on earlier renders, model car leak, and well spy shots fill in well.

All I know is that:

a) The renders seem to be different from the crashed X5 protype that was lying in the disposal plant in Munich. That was aggressive, this is not.
b) The rear is like a huge X3. The front is a new take on the 3 series connected lights
c) M-sport is gonna be checked off on alot more X5 owners trying to get the aggressive stance from the E70
d) We are all gonna b@#$% and moan about how the F15 is too soft or a bigger x3.
e) Those who have claimed to hate the design are also gonna say they will be keeping their E70 for longer.
f) after the launch vehicles have been claimed, all the people in D&E are going to jump ship from their E70s to an F15 with msport, dynamic drive, and etc.

:)

#112 ·
The shape of the body looks like Toyota Highlander to me

#114 ·
The new dash board looks the same style as the new 3 series. The LCD screen looks like coming out of nowhere, doesn't look in place, don't like it

#119 ·
Yes it's sweet girly looking honey pie, far from the aggressiveness of the current X5

#116 ·
That looks the same as all the renderings, except that they used an updated color
Palate similar to the f30. Btw autounion and all those with the current v red vehicles, they seem to be replacing it for melbourne red or lighter hence u got a possible classic on ur hands (JK)

#120 ·
This reminds me of every time a new Apple product comes out. There are dozens of pics that get "leaked" and then, at launch date...the real thing looks nothing like the "leaked" photos. :dunno:

#122 ·
Next Thursday Big reveal.

Watch them not do it and choose their own private SAV EVENT!

#123 ·
I hope we finally get some info on the F15 at the NY Show next week. Im torn between the 2014 F25 and F15...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.