BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Does Corvette's dash display better than BMW's?

51K views 180 replies 34 participants last post by  boltjaM3s 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

DO YA THINK?

Does it ride comfortably yet handle? Remains to be seen. Ditto BMW's survivability.....egad!

#75 ·
I wouldn't expect to many Corvette fans on a BMW site but you have to admit they do some things very well. My brand new F30 is out in the driveway and my C5 6 speed convertible is safely tucked in the garage. There's nothing that makes me happier then taking the Vette out on a cool day and power shifting through a few gears, counter steering a little to keep it going straight while I'm destroying the rear tires. The little chain saw engine in my BMW won't do that for me but its much better then the Vette in many different ways and i bought it for a different purpose. Definitely two different animals and I love them both for what they are.

#78 · (Edited)
I like what I see so far from the corvette. I have never really considered it as an option, but since selling my 911 Turbo I have been hankering for a small fast summer toy. I will certainly give this a test drive.

In regards to jamesbolt's assesment of demographics I happen to be an impressively fit, non tatooed, highly educated and financially secure 36 year old male with a wife and 3 rugrats at home.

#79 ·
In regards to jamesbolt's assesment of demographics I happen to be an impressively fit, non tatooed, highly educated and financially secure 36 year old male with a wife and 3 rugrats at home.
You don't want a Corvette then. You might look at it, but you're not buying it.

Betty White is a witty, sharp gal; you ain't going to start banging her if you've got Scarlett Johanson as an option.

BJ

#81 ·
GM started offering a head-up display in their Corvette in 1988. BMW started offering one as an option in 2012, or thereabouts. That's 24 years difference. Now, who are the innovators and who are the followers/copiers?

#92 · (Edited)
I had my midlife crisis at 17 after plunking down 3 years worth of saved wages earned cleaning a bar in the mornings before school to buy an IROC Z Camaro. It's been all down hill since then.

#93 · (Edited)
The poster who keeps putting down Corvette owners has only leased entry level Japanese and German family sedans. No experience = No Clue! :thumbdwn:

I almost forgot, he also leases a Honda Minivan. :rofl:

#95 ·
Mid Life Crisis Cars ot The Rich and Famous

I took these pictures at a friends home last fall.

This is his mid-life crisis Corvette

This is his mid life crisis Viper

This is the car that he bought with money ($2,400) that he borrowed from nis mother when he was 14.

#104 ·
One of my buddies (a 38 year old Asian pediatrician and BMW CCA instructor) just bought a slightly used Z06 with a hot cam. Definitely not your average corvette owner.

#105 ·
When factoring replacements for the Roadster when determining agreed value insurance, the C6 ZO6 was one of the benchmarks for used cars under $45k I could see myself owning. I am 32 and have a full head of hair. I just wish they were a bit more rare, unlike BJ I see C6's every day, often a ZO6 daily.

#111 · (Edited)
I thought BJ lived in the country, why is he talking big city?
BJ Lives in Bergen County New Jersey, which is near New York City as is home to one of the largest Corvette dealers in the country.

http://www.paramuschevrolet.com/Corvette-Salon

Welcome to Paramus Chevrolet's Corvette Salon, a unique Corvette experience showcasing and paying tribute to the American Classic. We have dedicated our entire 15-Car Second Floor Showroom to New, GM-Certified, and Pre-Owned Corvettes.
Feel free to browse our current NEW or PRE-OWNED Corvette inventory by clicking on the quick links!
Our Corvette Showroom
Our friendly, Corvette specialized and certified sales consultants can help you find the exact 'Vette you've been dreaming of. It's everyone's dream to own a Corvette, and we can make it happen here, TODAY, with one of the largest available inventories of Corvettes in the Northeast.
Browse our current NEW or PRE-OWNED Corvette inventory today! Thanks for checking us out!

CA

#127 ·
While corvettes aren't normally my thing, I do have to admit that they offer the best performance value of all cars that I know of. Now that GM has finally updated the look (although I'm not completely sold on the rear) and more importantly the interior, I'd say that this car is definitely ready for the prime-time. I'd be interested in one, the ATS as well. I love my BMW, however I can definitely see the effort and value the GM has put into some of their recent vehicles. For me, its not about blindly following a badge, but what works for my current situation and what feels right to drive. I'm sure a lot of you guys here, on this website, feel the same way. Besides that, I think the fact that there is quite a bit of good competition out there, ensures that BMW doesn't rest on their laurels and continues to put out innovative dynamic vehicles. That makes it a good time to be a buyer.

#128 · (Edited)
First Corvette C7 sells for $1.05 million

Nascar team owner and Corvette collector purchased the first Corvette C7 off the assembly line for $1.05 million dollars. All of the proceeds from the first C7 sale will go to the College for Creative Studies.

CA

#139 ·
Many supercars have black vents and wheels, I think some of the complaints are unfair. Vette is for a niche market, like all cars sold for niche market, they look different.

Of course some people just like to make fun of others probably to hide the fact their lives are not as interesting. There is nothing interesting about being one of the 98%.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.