BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The Real 3 Series Killer - The Mercedes Benz CLA

53K views 183 replies 60 participants last post by  IndyMike 
#1 ·
#91 ·
Only thing great about her are her ****. She has stick legs no hips and a chubby girls face. I wonder if she used to be a fat girl lost weight but kept the **** lol. There are plenty of other SI models hotter than her. Put it on your flipboard !

#105 ·
Great commercial and car design. It will be a winner.

#111 ·
Seems like they are looking to fill a hole in the poser market...
+1 - people were ragging on the up coming 320i as being for badge whores. That is the only thing this CLA is for - people who desperately want that Three Pointed Star on the front of their car. The CLA is clearly aimed at attracting Honda Accord buyers.

#115 ·
Having a CLS I can't say I love the idea that there are going to be bunches of micro CLSs. On the other hand you have to give it to Mercedes for introducing something new in this segment and at the very least keeping things interesting.

#117 ·
exactly!

Love it or hate it, you have to give them credit for going out on a limb and offering a "budget" Mercedes with a pretty bold design.

BMW is playing a much safer route with its evolutionary style and "neutered" 320 offering.

Both are fine cars, but very different. That's what makes the world go around.

#124 ·
They eventually will (but this may be 10+ years away), but they'll be among the slower ones to discontinue it in the luxury market.

They were the last to discontinue it in the large car market. The 7-Series (with smaller engines) still had a stickshift in European markets through the late 1990s. With the new 7 Series introduced in the US as a 2002 Model Year, I believe that body style was never offered in a stick again (worldwide).

If BMW stops offering stick, I'd get the automatic or SMG. Most VWs are FWD so I would prefer a RWD car.

#136 ·
They eventually will (but this may be 10+ years away), but they'll be among the slower ones to discontinue it in the luxury market.

They were the last to discontinue it in the large car market. The 7-Series (with smaller engines) still had a stickshift in European markets through the late 1990s. With the new 7 Series introduced in the US as a 2002 Model Year, I believe that body style was never offered in a stick again (worldwide).

If BMW stops offering stick, I'd get the automatic or SMG. Most VWs are FWD so I would prefer a RWD car.
So the Passat is FWD? What would be the "equivalent" of a 3er?

#125 ·
Wikipedia lists the following trims for the CLA:

CLA 180 - 122hp/148ft-lb tq
CLA 200 - 154/184
CLA 250 - 208/258
CLA 45 AMG - 349/322

Not sure if all these will make it over to the US - but looks like they're targeting the 320, 328, and 335 with these trims and engine specs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.