Spy Video: BMW 2 Series Coupe and Convertible Play in the Snow

by Mark Jurista on February 21, 2013, 9:39 pm

Just a week or so ago we caught some spy photos of the upcoming 2 Series convertible in the snow and now we have a video of the cars out doing their testing.

The 2 Series starts production in November 2013 in preparation for a shortened production year. These 2014 models will arrive stateside in a 228i version and an M Performance M235i. Based on the glowing reviews of the M135i, we are fully expecting the enthusiast crowd to be on board with this new performance oriented coupe. Tack on the fact that it will be a smaller (and presumably lighter car) and enthusiasts may be lining up for a test drive.

Are you one of those enthusiasts looking for a lighter, sportier car without the price tag that goes along with an ///M?

What do you think of the 2 Series now that you have seen it on video?

Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.

7 responses to Spy Video: BMW 2 Series Coupe and Convertible Play in the Snow

thumper_330 commented:
February 22, 2013, 10:33 am

Awesome paint scheme. Is that available on BMW Individual?
senser commented:
February 22, 2013, 3:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper_330 View Post
Awesome paint scheme. Is that available on BMW Individual?
Is that a serious question...?
Gluhwein commented:
February 22, 2013, 3:16 pm

To me it looks the same as the 1 series. I guess I'm just not much of a car geek.
thumper_330 commented:
February 23, 2013, 10:20 am

senser: No... not a serious question.

Honestly, I don't see much in this video that we haven't already seen in spy pictures. It's nice to see the car moving, but its so heavily camo'd that it pretty much just looks like a 1 series as Gluhwein pointed out.

I'll wait to see less camo... so far I don't see much to get excited for in this video.
mr29 commented:
February 23, 2013, 1:32 pm

it looks like a midget version of the 1 series smaller and chubby not a fan so far the facts. it's not a straight 6 ruins it as well but maybe once its fully revealed i might change my mind but i doubt it

Sent from my XT557 using Bimmer App
Monsignor commented:
February 26, 2013, 11:34 am

the words "228i" and "M235i" just look silly.
3ismagic# commented:
June 2, 2013, 4:59 pm

I could be wrong but those don't look like LED taillights.
WTF?