BMW 4 Series F32 EXPOSED in Production Sheet Metal

by Tim Jones on March 22, 2013, 9:42 am
BMW 4 Series F32 EXPOSED

We bring you the first ever pictures of the F32 4 series coupe in production sheet metal. These pictures were snapped while BMW took the soon to be released 4 series out camouflage free for a night time photo shoot. Thankfully we had a quick camera man who got these pictures before BMW chase them away.

Much of the exciting front end of the 4 series concept coupe has been retained. Wide flared openings on the left and right side wit a short center inlet for the radiator. Gone are the 6 series styled LED fog lights strips and the double lip intakes. The F32 gets more traditional round fog likes as seen on the F30 3 series sedan and a simplified but still aggressive and elegantly sculpted front air dam.

On the sides the production 4 series coupe retains the flowing lines, the enlarged Hofmister kink and fastback C pillars. Love it or hate it the production coupe will also come with the 'boomerang' side vent which channels air out of the wheel wells making the 2 door more slippery. The concept 4 had an complex and interesting shape to the vent exit. The production version appears to be a bit chunky and sticks out in the contrasting black, in what appears to be the Sport Line configuration on this 435i. Look for body colored boomerang side vents to be a popular modification.

http://s1.bimmerfest.com/gallery/BMW-4-Series-F32-Camo-Free/medium/BMW-4-Series-F32-Camo-Free-003.jpg[/url]

As expect gone are the 20 inch concept wheels with a more street friendly 19 inch configuration being used for the photo shoot. 18 inch wheels will be standard, with the shown 19s and an upgrade. 19 inch wheels seem to fit the car great, the modified crowd will be running 20s or perhaps 21s! The ride height has also been increased for real world drive-ability. The side skirt lines have been toned down from the concept, which is unfortunate.

At the back we have the most significant departure from the concept car. Gone are the exhaust surrounds replace with traditional left and ride single round exhaust tips. There is a gloss black finishing strip indicative of the Sport Line trim level and that is about it. We were looking for a new rear end treatment from BMW. Instead we get a traditional 3 series design which comes across bland next to the rest of the car.

Overall the 2014 4 Series Coupe is a stunning E92 coupe replacement that is going to have an amazing road presence. Coming in an N20 powered 240hp 428i and the high powered N55 300hp 435i, are sure to turn heads wherever they go. Production starts this summer with cars hitting US dealerships in September. If you want to be the first on your block to get a new 4 series start talking to your dealership soon.
BMW-4-Series-F32-Camo-Free 1BMW-4-Series-F32-Camo-Free 2BMW-4-Series-F32-Camo-Free 3BMW-4-Series-F32-Camo-Free 4BMW-4-Series-F32-Camo-Free 5BMW-4-Series-F32-Camo-Free 6BMW-4-Series-F32-Camo-Free 7BMW-4-Series-F32-Camo-Free 8BMW-4-Series-F32-Camo-Free 9

Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.

69 responses to BMW 4 Series F32 EXPOSED in Production Sheet Metal

3ismagic# commented:
March 22, 2013, 9:59 am

Infinitely better than that ridiculous concept they put out. This is a really attractive car without the retarded front and rear end on the concept.
3ismagic# commented:
March 22, 2013, 10:03 am

here are some more pics

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=818697
Rotutu commented:
March 22, 2013, 10:22 am

Wow, I'm wanting to get out of my lease for this beauty.
Zeichen311 commented:
March 22, 2013, 10:27 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ismagic# View Post
Infinitely better than that ridiculous concept they put out. This is a really attractive car without the retarded front and rear end on the concept.
+1. It also seems to have cured the slightly heavy and awkward look the E92 had from certain angles. This looks like a winner.

(Still not sure about that fender vent, though.)
krash commented:
March 22, 2013, 10:30 am

My next car.
finaloption commented:
March 22, 2013, 11:32 am

meh
samualcc commented:
March 22, 2013, 11:40 am

You can hear current BMW coupe sales plunging from here.
Technic commented:
March 22, 2013, 11:54 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by samualcc View Post
You can hear current BMW coupe sales plunging from here.
They have been steadily decreasing since 2008... no news there.
The Nerd commented:
March 22, 2013, 12:45 pm

Any guesses what hp the updated N55 (or possibly the N56?) will have when the power upgrade comes in 2015?
FreddyG commented:
March 22, 2013, 12:54 pm

Very Nice looking whip!

Thanks for the pictures!
RipSnort535i commented:
March 22, 2013, 3:32 pm

Mazda MX6 Mystere
chris328 commented:
March 22, 2013, 3:57 pm

so sexy my mom came in and i had to switch to pron
sr5959 commented:
March 22, 2013, 5:19 pm

Very nice!
PeteRock commented:
March 22, 2013, 5:25 pm

Pretty nice. but feel the front end feels a bit out of proportion for the car. Needs to be more chunky/aggressive. Like front and rear aspect

This is what I call a sexy car:

chris328 commented:
March 22, 2013, 5:26 pm

and you dont think the front end on that car is out of proportion?
PeteRock commented:
March 22, 2013, 5:39 pm

Imo that is one of best look production cars there is.
hellosopo commented:
March 22, 2013, 6:05 pm

I like it and I hope to buy one in few years, though I do hope the LED headlights retain the swoops from the concept that made some sense of the awkward piece of the headlight assembly between the actual lights and the grille.
Mark K commented:
March 22, 2013, 6:27 pm

Nice. This is at least Sport Line (shadowline trim) if not M-Sport. It does look so much nicer than X-Drive they pictured with cammo in the snow - now shown with proper suspension height. I know I'm biased and you really can't say from the pictures because none of them were from right angle, but it does seem to sit just a tad "fatter" than E92. My sig picture can show what I mean by it - the thicker side slab on F32 just make it seem less "lean and mean" when it is standing still. Not a big deal, really.

Unfortunately, I already decided to wait for F22 - 3 series is out for me. Maybe not permanently, but for sure for now (next buying cycle).
SuperTerp commented:
March 22, 2013, 6:46 pm

So an f10 backside with 335i exhaust and an f30 front. At least its got original sides
boramkiv commented:
March 22, 2013, 7:28 pm

Not too far from the renderings. Now it's time to see the M4!
namelessman commented:
March 22, 2013, 8:11 pm

one good looking coupe, i like!
FitzLA commented:
March 22, 2013, 8:29 pm

This shoot was all shot near my house. Pretty awesome to see in person.
samualcc commented:
March 22, 2013, 8:40 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I don't think you get it.
Ace88 commented:
March 22, 2013, 9:27 pm

WOW that is great looking. I hope they don't change a thing with it.
boramkiv commented:
March 22, 2013, 9:28 pm

Quote:
i don't think you get it.
+1
brkf commented:
March 22, 2013, 10:39 pm

pretty bland compared to the fun concept. big step up from the odd e92.
boltjaM3s commented:
March 22, 2013, 11:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post
My next car.
Me too. What a stunner.

27 months, 12 days, 9 hours, 36 seconds.

BJ
.Rolex commented:
March 23, 2013, 3:23 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace88 View Post
WOW that is great looking. I hope they don't change a thing with it.
this is in production form so i don't think they will

im interested to see the resemblance between the production interior and the concept
Bret_T commented:
March 23, 2013, 9:30 am

I really wish that the 435ix was going to be available with a manual transmission. After having AWD in my WRX for over five years, it's going to be hard to give up. But, I've just got to have a manual. This new 4-Series looks so good, I'm pretty much sold on it. Now to find a dealer who's willing to make a fair deal.
BMW X Series commented:
March 23, 2013, 10:26 am

now I'm waiting to see the 4 series gran coupe.
thumper_330 commented:
March 23, 2013, 3:06 pm

There we go... this is something I can sink my teeth into. Though the grille and nose still look a bit "odd" to me with the pregnant hood, it looks like they've tried to minimize that bulge a smidgen.

Great timing too... maybe next year I'll be ordering one of these for my next ED when the lease is up on my 135i
Technic commented:
March 23, 2013, 4:32 pm

Quote:
I don't think you get it.
If you are talking about the E92 then the plunge already happened last year. If you are talking about the 4-Series then it will do fine, IMO. If not then the 2-Series will make it up.
boramkiv commented:
March 23, 2013, 4:34 pm

Quote:
If you are talking about the E92 then the plunge already happened last year. If you are talking about the 4-Series then it will do fine, IMO. If not then the 2-Series will make it up.
This car is so sexy that everyone who has a coupe 1,3,6,Z will drop and get this 4.
Bruce128iC commented:
March 23, 2013, 6:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by boramkiv View Post
This car is so sexy that everyone who has a coupe 1,3,6,Z will drop and get this 4.
IMO, this new 4 is nice looking but no where near as sexy as the current 6. I was really hoping the 4 would be a smaller 6 with regards to its looks.
chris328 commented:
March 23, 2013, 7:27 pm

me too i was expecting more of a 6 like rear as opposed to just another 5 rear like the f30, since those are sedans and 4, 6 are coupes. also, current gen the rears are completely different between the e90 and e92, so i was hoping for the same. its disappointing to see it just look like yet the 4th or 5th model that has that same rear now. maybe these pictures just dont do it justice, i guess the nighttime lights could kind of blur the picture, defintiely cant see the headlights thats for sure. would have been nice just to see the DRLs.
Pappy Pipes commented:
March 23, 2013, 11:00 pm

Dibs!
mynycbimmer commented:
March 24, 2013, 4:19 pm

Stunning. No one in the right mind is going to buy an F30 now unless they really, really have to.
krash commented:
March 24, 2013, 4:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynycbimmer View Post
Stunning. No one in the right mind is going to buy an F30 now unless they really, really have to.
Well, not really. I sort of need a sedan right now. But 3 years out, both my kids will be in college. Actually, by then I might even be looking at 2 seaters...
PeteRock commented:
March 24, 2013, 5:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynycbimmer View Post
Maybe people want to have 5 doors and be more passenger friendly, as well as not paying a premium for aesthetics.

It's kind of like saying the A4 is obsolete.
paulmurphyhomes commented:
March 25, 2013, 1:13 pm

Don't expect a '4' series to be a big seller in Asia!
Mark K commented:
March 25, 2013, 2:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by boramkiv View Post
No, they won't. Not everyone, I mean. 'Cuz, see, I know at least ONE person who doesn't care for it.
PK2348 commented:
March 25, 2013, 3:32 pm

Is it better looking than A5?
chiba commented:
March 25, 2013, 5:27 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace88 View Post
wow that is great looking. I hope they don't change a thing with it.
+1
sf_loft commented:
March 27, 2013, 2:07 am

Thumbs up on the design. Love the side profile and rear-end. Still not loving the F30 fascia up-front, but I think that it will look better with the M-Sport package. Will wait to see what the M4 version will be and may just make my way back to BMW if that thing is a beast.
samualcc commented:
March 27, 2013, 9:02 am

Wait wait wait... two pages and no one has completely trashed the look of the car!? Amazing!

PS if I didn't have a child this would be replacing my wife's current car. Beautiful.
dudley07726 commented:
March 28, 2013, 12:28 pm

Spoke with BMW NA in NJ asking if the 4 series coupe would be shown at the NY show (like in Detroit). She did not have the answer and called me back 2 hours later to say NO!
Oh well. I was going to see the show to see that car ( I want tthe convertible next year) but now I don't have to.
Snareman commented:
March 28, 2013, 2:27 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Me too. What a stunner.

27 months, 12 days, 9 hours, 36 seconds.

BJ
Wow, you are going to be behind the times for a long time. Thankfully Joe Camry won't have a clue. My dealer tells me I get the first in their pipeline other than the 2 showroom cars they get. I can finally change that Godawful sig pic. Seems like everyone has the same pic these days...
rdkind62 commented:
March 29, 2013, 6:18 pm

As soon as I see one in person I may be jumping out of my current car and back into a coupe. I really like the idea of a 435i in Estoril blue with all the options.
BXL4 commented:
March 30, 2013, 12:57 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
My dealer tells me I get the first in their pipeline other than the 2 showroom cars they get.
Did your dealer give you an idea of when the showroom cars would arrive?

I too, am excited for the 4 but I really need to sit in one before I can safely order one.
Hound Passer commented:
March 30, 2013, 8:36 am

Can't wait to see the Vert. I'm encouraged by these pics... we all know BMWs always look better in person than a 2D pic. Added some aggressiveness to the e92 w/o going over the top or wiping away a good design.

I wish the vent scoops were body color (since BMW insisted on keeping them) but at least they didn't chrome them Wanna bet body colored vent scoops becomes part of a ///M Sport Pkg option in 2015. BMW knows what it's doing here: $$.
dudley07726 commented:
March 30, 2013, 9:30 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXL4 View Post

I too, am excited for the 4 but I really need to sit in one before I can safely order one.
I am very surprised that they did not show the 4 series at the NYIAS.
mark_12345 commented:
March 30, 2013, 11:25 am

Good god, it's huge. :-(
New 4 series totally look bland from all angles when next to other competitors.
Side vents for this type of car is ridiculous and looks like an add on thought.

Come on 2 series, don't let us down
jcm12 commented:
March 30, 2013, 7:04 pm

Will have to see it in person. Not thrilled by these pics.
mark_12345 commented:
March 30, 2013, 7:09 pm

Very disappointed in the last 2-3 years with BMW design-less
Snareman commented:
March 31, 2013, 11:53 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXL4 View Post

I don't think he did exactly, but I thought I heard July somewhere. Could be wrong on that. I think I read September on f30post.

I'd like to sit in one as well, but I can't see me getting anything else, so its not like its going to entirely matter. Its not like a pair of jeans where I have to see how the cut is if it fits me before ordering. I'm not going to leave BMW, not going to get a sedan, can't really afford or need a 6, want larger than a 1/2er, so the 435 is what I am happily left with.
mark_12345 commented:
April 1, 2013, 12:27 am

The only problem with the new 4 series design is that there doesn't appear to be anything distinctive. And the the side vents doesn't help one bit.
For example, the current gen Audi A5/S5 design, which came out in 2008, is still very modern and beautiful. Stand the A5 next to the new 4 Series and the A5 can still hold its own after all these years.
tim330i commented:
April 1, 2013, 8:49 am

Production on the 2014 4 series starts in July. They won't be in US dealerships until September.

Tim
Snareman commented:
April 1, 2013, 9:26 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
Production on the 2014 4 series starts in July. They won't be in US dealerships until September.

Tim
Do you know about ED availability?
tim330i commented:
April 1, 2013, 9:31 am

Not yet.

Tim
rdkind62 commented:
April 1, 2013, 9:33 am

I talked to my CA on Saturday afternoon and he showed me all the paperwork the dealership has received so far on the F32. He said they will not even be receiving the pricing on the car and all the options until late June and that they would be taking orders in early July for Sept. delivery. We have already begun talking numbers for my car as a trade in so I think I will be one of the first in my area to put in an order. I told him that I would like to wait and see one in person and drive it before I ordered but he said I could get more for my convertible in the spring than I could later in the year so I think I am going to give up the car early and just drive my second car until my ordered one comes in.
Jon90 commented:
May 29, 2013, 11:42 pm

Looks to me like a 1990's Ford Probe
mark_12345 commented:
May 29, 2013, 11:48 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon90 View Post
It kinda does.
I wish BMW bucked the trend of making every new generation bigger and bigger.
Would love to see the new 4 series the same size as the previous gen E90's
Bret_T commented:
May 30, 2013, 8:57 am

Quote:
My wife owned both generations of the Probe. I don't see it.
tim330i commented:
May 30, 2013, 10:21 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkind62 View Post
I talked to my CA on Saturday afternoon and he showed me all the paperwork the dealership has received so far on the F32. He said they will not even be receiving the pricing on the car and all the options until late June and that they would be taking orders in early July for Sept. delivery. We have already begun talking numbers for my car as a trade in so I think I will be one of the first in my area to put in an order. I told him that I would like to wait and see one in person and drive it before I ordered but he said I could get more for my convertible in the spring than I could later in the year so I think I am going to give up the car early and just drive my second car until my ordered one comes in.
We have the dealer order sheets and planning documents if anyone hasn't seen them yet -

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=698219

I wouldn't expect full pricing details until July. We should see base pricing and more pictures and specs any day however.

Tim
EstorilF30 commented:
May 30, 2013, 11:34 am

Quote:
With the economy, smart one
TXSTYLE commented:
May 30, 2013, 11:52 am

Concept was nicer. But this still is much nicer than a 3 Coupe.
Well done BMW!

Gimme in Mineral White w/ Mocha interior and a nice set of staggered 20s for the win.

~Big Marcus
hellosopo commented:
May 31, 2013, 7:08 pm

Quote:
Here are some pictures of my 1989 Ford Probe which I was driving until the tranny in it burned up in 2007... So while it is a marvelously awesome car (check out that amazing cockpit!), I'm afraid I'm not seeing the resemblance to the F32.
mark_12345 commented:
May 31, 2013, 7:38 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosopo View Post
Here are some pictures of my 1989 Ford Probe which I was driving until the tranny in it burned up in 2007... So while it is a marvelously awesome car (check out that amazing cockpit!), I'm afraid I'm not seeing the resemblance to the F32.
Perhaps the resemblance (exterior-wise) is that the probe and the new 4 series appears to be very long, low and heavy the new 4 series.

Lately, BMW has been building some heavy weight cars compared to their competitors: 3 series, 5 series, 6 series, and 7 series
tim330i commented:
June 14, 2013, 1:01 pm

World premier of the F32 2014 4 series coupe - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=702902