BMW M Performance Power Kit Now Available for F30 3 Series 335i RWD and xDrive
BMW announced a new M Performance Power Kit for the 2012 model year and later BMW 335i Sedan and 335i xDrive Sedan models. The M Performance Power Kit joins the existing M Performance Parts line which includes chassis, aerodynamics, exhaust system components, and trim accessories. Developed through consultation by the engineers at BMW M GmbH, the M Performance Power Kit is immediately available through all Authorized BMW Centers in the US, with MSRP starting at $1,100 (plus Installation) and retains BMW's 4-Year / 50,000-mile New Vehicle Warranty when purchased with a new vehicle.
Power Kit Highlights/Benefits
- Horsepower increased to 320hp (20hp gain)
- Torque is increased to 332 lb-ft (automatic transmission) and 317 lb-ft (manual transmission)
- Faster acceleration
- 0.2 seconds faster than the standard 335i model from 0 mph to 60 mph.
- 0.5 seconds faster than the standard 335i model from 50 mph to 75 mph.
- More dynamic accelerator pedal calibration in Sport Mode.
- "Exhaust burble" sound during engine overrun conditions.
- Sport Display now shows increased power figures to reflect increased performance. Adheres to rigorous BMW Group test standards.
- Vehicles retain the original emission certification.
- Vehicles maintain the original fuel efficiency ratings.
- The vehicle's original BMW Limited Warranty is not affected.
- 4 Year / 50K miles when purchased with the new vehicle
- 2 years / unlimited miles or the balance of the new vehicle warranty, whichever is greater.
Once the Power Kit is installed, the vehicle's rated horsepower is increased from 300 to 320 on all models. Automatic transmission-equipped models enjoy a 32 lb-ft peak torque increase (to 332 lb-ft), while manual transmission-equipped models benefit from a 17 lb-ft peak torque increase (to 317 lb-ft). All models receive a re-mapped accelerator pedal calibration for more dynamic throttle response, and the Power Kit produces a signature, highly-emotional "exhaust burble" sound during engine overrun conditions. 0-60mph acceleration is improved 0.2 seconds compared to standard 335i models, while 50-75mph times drop by a full half-second.
The BMW M Performance Power Kit features comprehensive engine tuning via advanced software 335i and 335i xDrive Sedan models. The kit includes updated software or replacement engine DME (electronic control unit), high-capacity engine air intake system, signature BMW M Performance engine cover, and rocker panel decals. This gives the 335i Sedan or 335i xDrive Sedan a substantial power boost (+20 horsepower) while retaining the original 50-state legal emissions certification and fuel efficiency ratings.
Installed with Confidence
The vehicle's original BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty is not affected by the installation of the M Performance Power Kit, and Kit components are covered under warranty for the duration of the original BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty (4 Years / 50,000 miles) if purchased at the time of new vehicle sale, or for 2 Years / unlimited miles if installed later.
See your local factory authorized BMW Center for additional details!
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Are Yokohama Yokohama ADVAN Sport A/S tires good?
- Forum Discounts
- Considering '13 328 Vert Purchase - ?s
- E46 m3 or e92 335?
- Considering tuning my 335XI with fuel map
- Windscreen wiper wayoutwest
- 06 325i auto cross
- visor won't stay up 2009 328i any simple fixes??
- Should I cancel my BMW warranty?
- Radiator differences...