BMW M Performance Power Kit Now Available for F30 3 Series 335i RWD and xDrive

by Tim Jones on March 26, 2013, 5:24 pm
BMW M Performance Power Kit for the F30 335i

BMW announced a new M Performance Power Kit for the 2012 model year and later BMW 335i Sedan and 335i xDrive Sedan models. The M Performance Power Kit joins the existing M Performance Parts line which includes chassis, aerodynamics, exhaust system components, and trim accessories. Developed through consultation by the engineers at BMW M GmbH, the M Performance Power Kit is immediately available through all Authorized BMW Centers in the US, with MSRP starting at $1,100 (plus Installation) and retains BMW's 4-Year / 50,000-mile New Vehicle Warranty when purchased with a new vehicle.

Power Kit Highlights/Benefits
  • Horsepower increased to 320hp (20hp gain)
  • Torque is increased to 332 lb-ft (automatic transmission) and 317 lb-ft (manual transmission)
  • Faster acceleration
    • 0.2 seconds faster than the standard 335i model from 0 mph to 60 mph.
    • 0.5 seconds faster than the standard 335i model from 50 mph to 75 mph.
  • More dynamic accelerator pedal calibration in Sport Mode.
  • "Exhaust burble" sound during engine overrun conditions.
  • Sport Display now shows increased power figures to reflect increased performance. Adheres to rigorous BMW Group test standards.
    • Vehicles retain the original emission certification.
    • Vehicles maintain the original fuel efficiency ratings.
  • The vehicle's original BMW Limited Warranty is not affected.
    • 4 Year / 50K miles when purchased with the new vehicle
    • 2 years / unlimited miles or the balance of the new vehicle warranty, whichever is greater.
More Power. More Dynamic. More Emotion
Once the Power Kit is installed, the vehicle's rated horsepower is increased from 300 to 320 on all models. Automatic transmission-equipped models enjoy a 32 lb-ft peak torque increase (to 332 lb-ft), while manual transmission-equipped models benefit from a 17 lb-ft peak torque increase (to 317 lb-ft). All models receive a re-mapped accelerator pedal calibration for more dynamic throttle response, and the Power Kit produces a signature, highly-emotional "exhaust burble" sound during engine overrun conditions. 0-60mph acceleration is improved 0.2 seconds compared to standard 335i models, while 50-75mph times drop by a full half-second.

The BMW M Performance Power Kit features comprehensive engine tuning via advanced software 335i and 335i xDrive Sedan models. The kit includes updated software or replacement engine DME (electronic control unit), high-capacity engine air intake system, signature BMW M Performance engine cover, and rocker panel decals. This gives the 335i Sedan or 335i xDrive Sedan a substantial power boost (+20 horsepower) while retaining the original 50-state legal emissions certification and fuel efficiency ratings.

Installed with Confidence
The vehicle's original BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty is not affected by the installation of the M Performance Power Kit, and Kit components are covered under warranty for the duration of the original BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty (4 Years / 50,000 miles) if purchased at the time of new vehicle sale, or for 2 Years / unlimited miles if installed later.

See your local factory authorized BMW Center for additional details!
BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 1BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 2BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 3BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 4BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 5BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 6BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 7BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 8BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 9BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 10BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 11BMW-M-Performance-Parts-F30 12

Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.

63 responses to BMW M Performance Power Kit Now Available for F30 3 Series 335i RWD and xDrive

The Nerd commented:
March 26, 2013, 5:44 pm

So....my car is ordered, but waiting to be shipped from Germany. Can I order the kit now and still get the 4 yr warranty on it? Or....will I only get 2 yr warranty at this pt?
jzcrna commented:
March 26, 2013, 5:49 pm

So u have a list of dealerships who install in Florida?
justinnum1 commented:
March 26, 2013, 5:49 pm

wonder how this + m performance exhaust sounds
Bret_T commented:
March 26, 2013, 6:04 pm

I wonder if this will work on the new 435i? I'd pay $1,100+installation for 20HP.
Mark K commented:
March 26, 2013, 6:44 pm

Well, I guess Daddy needs a new pair of shoes ...

Potential takers, this has all the looks of the exact same PPK BMW offered on E9x platform for N55 engine. If you are taking it for power ... hmm, rethink your options. Now, if you are getting for SOUND ... go for it! All the way. It is truly awesome.
The Nerd commented:
March 26, 2013, 7:26 pm

^I WOULD be taking it for power and sound. 20 hp and 32 torques isn't bad for $900....especially backed by a BMW warranty. I know my N55 is capable of 400hp....but I need this thing for my DD for many years.
Bret_T commented:
March 26, 2013, 7:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark K View Post
Potential takers, this has all the looks of the exact same PPK BMW offered on E9x platform for N55 engine. If you are taking it for power ... hmm, rethink your options.
Can you elaborate for the less knowledgeable among us? $1,100 + installation for 20HP and keeping the warranty seems like a good deal to me if it's true. Is it?
Mark K commented:
March 26, 2013, 7:43 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerd View Post
^I WOULD be taking it for power and sound. 20 hp and 32 torques isn't bad for $900....especially backed by a BMW warranty. I know my N55 is capable of 400hp....but I need this thing for my DD for many years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret_T View Post
Can you elaborate for the less knowledgeable among us? $1,100 + installation for 20HP and keeping the warranty seems like a good deal to me if it's true. Is it?
Guys, I will be completely honest with you. I couldn't detect ANY power surge or surplus or ... whatever after I installed the same PPK stage1 from BMW on my N55-engined 335i.

However, and a BIG however, I kept driving with windows open since 18 December 2011, the day I exited the dealership with PPK installed. I NEVER drove with windows down since I bought my first new car with AC in Europe back in 1995. I do drive this one with windows open when it's not raining and temps are between 35 and 90 F. The reason? Sound. OMG.

Yeah, that good.

If you search my nick and PPK on E9x forum, there's a thread with link to YouTube video I took with GoPro and external mic 2 inches from right exhaust pipe. Seeing/hearing is believing
HokieXDriver commented:
March 26, 2013, 7:45 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
Installed with Confidence
The vehicle’s original BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty is not affected by the installation of the M Performance Power Kit, and Kit components are covered under warranty for the duration of the original BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty (4 Years / 50,000 miles) if purchased at the time of new vehicle sale, or for 2 Years / unlimited miles if installed later.
So this post says that the warranty is the balance of your original warranty or 2 years, whichever is greater. In other words, if you install it in year 1 of your warranty, you still have 3 years left. If you install it in year 4, you get 2 years warranty.

Anyone have the full story? I wouldn't mind having this but if I lose the full 4 year warranty I need to move quick to add it to my order.
Bret_T commented:
March 26, 2013, 7:56 pm

Quote:
I couldn't detect ANY power surge or surplus or ... whatever after I installed the same PPK stage1 from BMW on my N55-engined 335i.
Sounds to me like a before and after dyno is in order if I decide to purchase.
The Nerd commented:
March 26, 2013, 8:31 pm

Doesn't look like it changes the turbo's boost....that's the real way to get power out of the N55.
chrisk03 commented:
March 26, 2013, 10:28 pm

Quote:
Well, I guess Daddy needs a new pair of shoes ...

Potential takers, this has all the looks of the exact same PPK BMW offered on E9x platform for N55 engine. If you are taking it for power ... hmm, rethink your options. Now, if you are getting for SOUND ... go for it! All the way. It is truly awesome.
Almost...it looks like this kit adds an intake...and valve cover. Ha. The PPK you and I have didn't get a new intake, which begs the question why even add that if the HP/TQ is the same as our N55's PPK. Guess we have better breathing. Interested in seeing the whole kit and kaboodle of pics when released.

Oh well, I like and could tell the difference after getting the PPK and the PE...although not a huge difference. Throttle response was the big win. Dyno was right about what BMW states when I did my before and after.
SuperTerp commented:
March 26, 2013, 10:33 pm

Quote:
So....my car is ordered, but waiting to be shipped from Germany. Can I order the kit now and still get the 4 yr warranty on it? Or....will I only get 2 yr warranty at this pt?
They plug in a wire and write the software on it doesn't need to be done in Germany.

You can order it anytime and it will stay with the warranty for however much is left.

Quote:
^I WOULD be taking it for power and sound. 20 hp and 32 torques isn't bad for $900...
Accounting for inertia its more like 17/27 I did the most lightweight Dinan [51/62] on my 335i and it was barely noticeable in the low/mid range and somewhat noticeable in the higher range. I think the benefit and possible feel you'll notice will come from the shift remapping that will probably get done.
760Lifan commented:
March 27, 2013, 12:49 pm

Sooo...it's supposed to take 0.2 secs. of the 0-60 time. Let's see:

335i xDrive: 4.8s - 0.2s = 4.6s
M3 with double clutch: 4.5s

Wow, that's very close..
760Lifan commented:
March 27, 2013, 12:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
signature BMW M Performance engine cover, and rocker panel decals.
So these will be the cosmetical changes? Did BMW also release some images about that?
suneil commented:
March 27, 2013, 12:56 pm

Quote:
if you get it port-installed, 4 years.
if you get it installed at the dealer, 4 years.

Only time u get 2 is if you're out of warranty period...
suneil commented:
March 27, 2013, 12:58 pm

Quote:
Doesn't look like it changes the turbo's boost....that's the real way to get power out of the N55.
BMW wouldn't do that though...would impact the parts long-term.
JoeFromPA commented:
March 27, 2013, 1:27 pm

I like how a decent portion of your money goes to Decals and an engine cover. This is 90s VTEC grade stuff, yo!

BMW won't let the 335i come from the factory in any shape that would threaten the m3. So it's limiting the n55 engine's output. This engine is seeing 373 hp/400+ tq from dinan with just an oil cooler and intercooler and tune. And dinan is not exactly an aggressive tuner, offering factory warranty.

$1100 for this "upgrade" is a joke.
suneil commented:
March 27, 2013, 1:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
I like how a decent portion of your money goes to Decals and an engine cover. This is 90s VTEC grade stuff, yo!

BMW won't let the 335i come from the factory in any shape that would threaten the m3. So it's limiting the n55 engine's output. This engine is seeing 373 hp/400+ tq from dinan with just an oil cooler and intercooler and tune. And dinan is not exactly an aggressive tuner, offering factory warranty.

$1100 for this "upgrade" is a joke.
Dinan just dynoed the PPK on their dyno with a conservative estimate of nearly 377 tq, so it's actually pretty close to their tune.
Without overly aggressive boost bumps.

I'd say it's a pretty good upgrade that doesn't impact your warranty...kudos!
HokieXDriver commented:
March 27, 2013, 2:14 pm

The kit comes with "M Performance stickers for the side sills". This is one reason NOT to do the Port Installed Option. If I do it at a dealer, I can tell them not to put the stickers on, thus avoiding the "I'm a total tool" look.
suneil commented:
March 27, 2013, 2:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieXDriver View Post
The kit comes with "M Performance stickers for the side sills". This is one reason NOT to do the Port Installed Option. If I do it at a dealer, I can tell them not to put the stickers on, thus avoiding the "I'm a total tool" look.
you can request that for port installs too...
760Lifan commented:
March 27, 2013, 2:20 pm

What is said "engine cover"?
The Nerd commented:
March 27, 2013, 8:12 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneil View Post
Dinan just dynoed the PPK on their dyno with a conservative estimate of nearly 377 tq, so it's actually pretty close to their tune.
Without overly aggressive boost bumps.

I'd say it's a pretty good upgrade that doesn't impact your warranty...kudos!
^Where are you getting this info? What about Dinan dynoing the hp figures on the PPK? Why would Dinan release this info if its their "competition" for a mild tune?
tim330i commented:
March 27, 2013, 8:15 pm

Quote:
^Where are you getting this info? What about Dinan dynoing the hp figures on the PPK? Why would Dinan release this info if its their "competition" for a mild tune?
Take a look -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yJnHLUWxaA
The Nerd commented:
March 27, 2013, 9:04 pm

Thanks! Very interesting....
maronpatsy commented:
March 27, 2013, 9:07 pm

Thanks alot for the support.

The Nerd commented:
March 27, 2013, 9:10 pm

After watching the YouTube clip, I'm still perplexed why Dinan bothered to do this and post it.
JoeFromPA commented:
March 28, 2013, 7:49 am

A few things:

1. That's an e90 n55 with M performance pack. My understanding to date is that the N55 in the f30 has shown very slightly lower performance (and is utilizing a different computer system anyway).

2. Dinan is saying the car showed 327 crank hp AFTER correcting for drivetrain loss and 355 torque. And he didn't do a baseline on that engine in the video. The N55 routinely observes ~320-330 crank torque stock.

So, in essence, Steve Dinan is saying that the M performance pack is adding ~20-25hp and 25-35 torque to the crank (bit less to the wheels) in this video.

Whereas he's offering a package that he says offers 70+ hp and 100+ torque to the crank.

It's important to understand all of this in context. Dinan is not saying the M performance pack is almost the same performance bump as his package.
The Nerd commented:
March 28, 2013, 8:27 am

With a 0-60 time of 4.7 (Motortrend), I don't know if its accurate to say the N55 in the f30 is performing less than in the e90. Furthermore....the description of the vid (by whoever originally posted it) said it was for the "2012+" N55 engine, so I thought it actually WAS the f30, no?

Good point on the baseline hp #s....that engine must be already pumping out 320hp, so the Power Pack doesn't seem to be adding too much....it's more of a substantial torque gain. Did Dinan's test include the exhaust?

Can't wait for the Dinan Stage 2 to come out for the f30 335i.
HokieXDriver commented:
March 28, 2013, 8:37 am

I think few US drivers would benefit from greatly improved HP numbers. Torque is what makes driving fun for most of us. Germany, different story, HP moves you faster.
Chris90 commented:
March 28, 2013, 9:35 am

Quote:
However, and a BIG however, I kept driving with windows open since 18 December 2011, the day I exited the dealership with PPK installed. I NEVER drove with windows down since I bought my first new car with AC in Europe back in 1995. I do drive this one with windows open when it's not raining and temps are between 35 and 90 F. The reason? Sound. OMG.

Yeah, that good.
Mark, is it stock exhaust? What makes it sound better, the software tuning?

Anyone know why the manual gets a lower power boost?

If you get the Performance Exhaust in addition to this kit, is a software retune necessary?
JoeFromPA commented:
March 28, 2013, 9:50 am

Quote:
I think few US drivers would benefit from greatly improved HP numbers. Torque is what makes driving fun for most of us. Germany, different story, HP moves you faster.
By that account then diesels would be the most fun of all.

You aren't accounting for many, many variables.
JoeFromPA commented:
March 28, 2013, 9:55 am

Quote:
With a 0-60 time of 4.7 (Motortrend), I don't know if its accurate to say the N55 in the f30 is performing less than in the e90. Furthermore....the description of the vid (by whoever originally posted it) said it was for the "2012+" N55 engine, so I thought it actually WAS the f30, no?
0-60 times are B.S. - look at quarter mile trap speeds for an accurate indication. The f30 is a tad bit slower (I don't know why) fairly consistently. It's minor, but it's there.

If you watch the video, it's very clear they are testing an e90....so.....yes, it was NOT an f30 they tested.

As an FYI, the n55 in the e90 has a different ECU, fuel pump, oil pan, and starter than the f30. The engines are the same, but the computer is different which is an important distinction.
SuperTerp commented:
March 28, 2013, 10:39 am

Quote:
A few things:

1. That's an e90 n55 with M performance pack. My understanding to date is that the N55 in the f30 has shown very slightly lower performance (and is utilizing a different computer system anyway).

2. Dinan is saying the car showed 327 crank hp AFTER correcting for drivetrain loss and 355 torque. And he didn't do a baseline on that engine in the video. The N55 routinely observes ~320-330 crank torque stock.

So, in essence, Steve Dinan is saying that the M performance pack is adding ~20-25hp and 25-35 torque to the crank (bit less to the wheels) in this video.

Whereas he's offering a package that he says offers 70+ hp and 100+ torque to the crank.

It's important to understand all of this in context. Dinan is not saying the M performance pack is almost the same performance bump as his package.
Lol now that makes sense I was like wtf I'm only getting 390 out of a Cobb tune+ fmic if that little ppk was at 377 crank I made a mistake lol. Glad someone posted the real numbers
HokieXDriver commented:
March 28, 2013, 10:45 am

Quote:
By that account then diesels would be the most fun of all.

You aren't accounting for many, many variables.
Of course - it's a forum, not an engineering symposium. The problem with most diesels is that the torque runs out quickly as rpms mount, so the band of high torque is narrow.

Edit: and yeah, diesels can be a lot of fun to drive. I wouldn't want to put an M5 up against an Audi R18 Ultra or the late lamented Peugeot 908 TDI. I have seen the latter in action at Road Atlanta, and they would blow the doors, hood, and trunk lid off any gas car. They do, in fact, regularly. Just because something is a diesel doesn't make it un-fun. The BMW M550d is a road-legal diesel monster.
SuperTerp commented:
March 28, 2013, 11:39 am

Quote:
I wouldn't want to put an M5 up against an Audi R18 Ultra or the late lamented Peugeot 908 TDI. I have seen the latter in action at Road Atlanta, and they would blow the doors, hood, and trunk lid off any gas car. They do, in fact, regularly. Just because something is a diesel doesn't make it un-fun. The BMW M550d is a road-legal diesel monster.
Lol did you just compare a stock street car to le mans track cars
HokieXDriver commented:
March 28, 2013, 11:53 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
Lol did you just compare a stock street car to le mans track cars
I compared a gas car to a diesel car to make the point a diesel car is not ipso facto worse than a gas car; many other things are at play. I noticed you removed my statement about the M550d, a street diesel. Made your ROFL more ROFLy, I guess.
SuperTerp commented:
March 28, 2013, 12:03 pm

Quote:
I compared a gas car to a diesel car to make the point a diesel car is not ipso facto worse than a gas car; many other things are at play. I noticed you removed my statement about the M550d, a street diesel. Made your ROFL more ROFLy, I guess.
Actually I didn't. If you re-read the quoted section you will see the 550d is still there.
everettpa1 commented:
March 28, 2013, 12:44 pm

Hard to see how the 335i exhaust can sound any better than stock. it's perfect, NOW.

Wait for Dinan. The butt dyno will not feel this PPK increase.
The Nerd commented:
March 28, 2013, 1:41 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by everettpa1 View Post
Hard to see how the 335i exhaust can sound any better than stock. it's perfect, NOW.

Wait for Dinan. The butt dyno will not feel this PPK increase.
I hear you....but will the Dinan (when it's released) give me a reliable car 5-6 yrs down the road? Either way, I'll stay out of the throttle most of the time...but, this thing needs to be my DD.
JoeFromPA commented:
March 28, 2013, 1:55 pm

Quote:
I hear you....but will the Dinan (when it's released) give me a reliable car 5-6 yrs down the road? Either way, I'll stay out of the throttle most of the time...but, this thing needs to be my DD.
Can't speak for the N55, but the N54 (BMW's first factory turbo engine in 30 years) has proven to be a bulletproof engine even at 400-500whp. The turbos might not last 100k on a factory maintenance plan at very elevated levels, but the engine and drivetrain has held up great.

And we are far away from discussions about 400+whp n55 f30s right now...
SuperTerp commented:
March 28, 2013, 2:45 pm

Quote:
If you visit other sites or our e90 threads there are guys pushing way higher boosts than Dinan will give (remember they offer a warranty they aren't maxing the car out because that could cause higher warranty claims) and having 100s of thousands of miles problem free, meanwhile you have stock cars that have nothing but issues. I think its a bit of luck, but honestly you should be perfectly fine as long as you maintain and take care of the car.

If you go get dinan and start hammering the gas before its warm, not changing the oil on time, and just general abusive behavior it will probably break before a totally stock car, but treat it right and I'd be shocked if you got on at say 70k and said I blew my turbos or had engine failure.
Jamesonsviggen commented:
March 28, 2013, 3:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris90 View Post
Mark, is it stock exhaust? What makes it sound better, the software tuning?

Anyone know why the manual gets a lower power boost?

If you get the Performance Exhaust in addition to this kit, is a software retune necessary?
No retune required for the M exhaust just as its not required on stock software.
The Nerd commented:
March 29, 2013, 8:14 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
If you visit other sites or our e90 threads there are guys pushing way higher boosts than Dinan will give (remember they offer a warranty they aren't maxing the car out because that could cause higher warranty claims) and having 100s of thousands of miles problem free, meanwhile you have stock cars that have nothing but issues. I think its a bit of luck, but honestly you should be perfectly fine as long as you maintain and take care of the car.

If you go get dinan and start hammering the gas before its warm, not changing the oil on time, and just general abusive behavior it will probably break before a totally stock car, but treat it right and I'd be shocked if you got on at say 70k and said I blew my turbos or had engine failure.
Thanks again for the valuable insight. So...engine and drivetrain sound like they'd be fine if I stay mild. But...I have heard the turbos themselves can go prematurely. If so, what would replacement of the N55 turbo cost (with labor)?
SuperTerp commented:
March 29, 2013, 10:15 am

Quote:
Thanks again for the valuable insight. So...engine and drivetrain sound like they'd be fine if I stay mild. But...I have heard the turbos themselves can go prematurely. If so, what would replacement of the N55 turbo cost (with labor)?
Again there is some luck in it, but I'd be worried if my psi on the turbos were 18+, Cobb stock maps at the moment keep me between 14-17 something I doubt dinan would ever do (they are probably between 9-13 for the various stages) and again millions of miles and very minimal threads on the forums about omg tune might have killed my car. Most of the horror stories I've heard about are people playing around with custom maps and bricking their cars. A problem you'll never have with dinan. Turbos on the n54 between indy and dealer could run run someone between 3-10k depending on various factors, but with dinan you'll be good for years and you'll have plenty of time to evaluate the car (but I just don't think you should worry)
JoeFromPA commented:
March 29, 2013, 12:42 pm

Realize that the blown turbos are on the n54 too, which use two turbos that run very hot at all times. The n55 is a bit better in this regard and, of course, is only one turbo.

But also you get much better turbo life if you have good maintenance practices and WARM YOUR CAR UP properly. Alot of guys with e90s just started hammering on them while still cold and following BMW's factory maintenance schedule (i.e. 12-18k oil changes). That ain't good for turbo life.
PeteRock commented:
March 29, 2013, 8:43 pm

Guessing there will not be a diesel version any time soon?
Jamesonsviggen commented:
March 29, 2013, 8:55 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteRock View Post
Guessing there will not be a diesel version any time soon?
I think I read about them being offered in an earlier press release.
CALWATERBOY commented:
March 29, 2013, 11:01 pm

Quote:

$1100 for 20 hp? Is there a point?
The Nerd commented:
March 29, 2013, 11:23 pm

^After reading this thread....no, don't think there's a point....waiting for Dinan.
slave2gravity commented:
March 29, 2013, 11:40 pm

Mark K's YouTube video sold me on it for exhaust alone. My e39 M5 had a SuperSprint exhaust and it just sounded like the skies were being ripped open - in a very good way. I wonder how much burble there is on overrun? That's something the Beast really excelled at.

I'm going to optimistically think that BMW was conservative in their performance numbers. i think I may hold off on their exhaust system, though, and see what Dinan and SuperSprint have to offer, as well. This is supposed to be a DD "family" car, so I can't go too crazy.
Chris90 commented:
March 30, 2013, 7:47 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
Didn't you pay $50,000 for 300 hp?
HokieXDriver commented:
March 30, 2013, 8:40 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
BMW factory warranty?
ger10101 commented:
March 30, 2013, 1:56 pm

Ok ok we heard the good, we heard the bad! We heard opinions! I still think its a good deal for thisr interested i. Keeping warranty! WHOS BUYING?!? Whos ready to take the plunge together?
The Nerd commented:
March 30, 2013, 2:46 pm

^Though I'm probably going to just wait for the f30 version of the Dinan Stage 2....if I were going to get the PPK, do I have to have high speed limiter (code 840?)? I thought I read somewhere that I needed the higher limiter....which if so, makes me even more upset that they weren't able to switch me to perf summer tires/high speed limiter when I was still at status 112 a few weeks ago.
m8o commented:
April 8, 2013, 11:44 pm

What are the chances the X1 XDrive35i will get this too?
HokieXDriver commented:
April 8, 2013, 11:46 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger10101 View Post
Ok ok we heard the good, we heard the bad! We heard opinions! I still think its a good deal for thisr interested i. Keeping warranty! WHOS BUYING?!? Whos ready to take the plunge together?
I will, when I get my car...
slave2gravity commented:
April 9, 2013, 3:04 pm

Quote:
I will, when I get my car...
+1

+ Performance Exhaust
Chris90 commented:
April 9, 2013, 3:29 pm

I'm planning to be buried with my ZHP exhaust - any future BMW purchase, I'll get a Performance Exhaust before I leave the dealer.
DavidM1975 commented:
April 9, 2013, 6:11 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger10101 View Post
I am leaning towards doing it. Certainly want a few weeks with the car before I pull the trigger on any upgrades but for ~$1K it seems like a really good value!
The Nerd commented:
April 9, 2013, 7:16 pm

I had a change of heart after reading the glowing reviews on the f30 forums....ordered mine today and will have it installed upon delivery (by my dealer) when my car is ready in 2 weeks.

Can't beat it for someone looking for a little extra kick who wants to preserve the longevity of the car and keep warranty intact. Who knows....if I get the itch for a JB4 Ina few years, I can always throw that on later. For $900....beats waiting to pay $2000 for the Dinan S2 that doesn't even have a release date yet.
Ken335i commented:
April 11, 2013, 11:42 am

Am I misssing something? I don't see any upgrades for the F30 on the Dinan website. When I check the upgrades available for the E90, both available have a disclaimer in them stating that the car cannot be driven in Kalifornia unless it is only used for racing - emission problems. So, it appears that the M Performance upgrade is the only choice for us who live in this soon to be bankrupt state.
The Nerd commented:
April 11, 2013, 1:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken335i View Post
Am I misssing something? I don't see any upgrades for the F30 on the Dinan website. When I check the upgrades available for the E90, both available have a disclaimer in them stating that the car cannot be driven in Kalifornia unless it is only used for racing - emission problems. So, it appears that the M Performance upgrade is the only choice for us who live in this soon to be bankrupt state.
Nope....you're not missing anything....thus the reason I sprung for the PPK after reading glowing reviews...