BMW is continuing to expand their model line up and the New York Auto Show is the first place in the United States that you have been able to see the 3 Series Gran Turismo model in person. The new BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo will arrive in the US, as both a 328i and a 335i, in the summer of 2013 as a 2014 model.
See More Photos of the BMW 3 Series GT from the New York Auto Show
As we have mentioned before, we were as surprised as everyone else that BMW decided to bring another Gran Turismo model to the US market. In person though, the 3 Series GT gives off a totally different impression than what the 5 Series did and that is a good thing.
The 3 Series GT sits 7.9 inches longer and 3.2 inches taller than the 3 Series Sports Wagon version giving the driver a 4.3 inch longer wheelbase. The proportions keep you thinking it is a 3 Series when you see the car with some interesting additions like the active rear spoiler that reduces lift at highway speeds -- the first BMW to implement such a feature.
The Gran Turismo will come in the standard packaging for the 3 Series line-up including Sport, Luxury, Modern and M-Sport lines and aesthetics that match your chosen line. BMW has given the GT an exclusive set of colors including Kalahari Beige metallic, Midnight Blue metallic and Sparkling Brown metallic.
Read more about the 3 Series Gran Turismo
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Help on buying a 335 xdrive
- Halogen to Xenon wiring, coding help!
- New shocks for 2006 BMW 325i
- Selling Brand New Snow Performance Meth Kit
- Is it safe to bleed the power steering pump with the wheels on the ground?
- Urgent help - Water in power steering fluid reservoi
- E92 Bass cutting out
- Wheel Spacers - 335i
- 2007 328xi - Help with angel eye and xenon conversion brand suggestions
- Rear differential recondition or exchange