Don't let the hybrid stickers fool you, this is a 100% electric X1 SAV. It was spied winter testing just recently. Our spy photographers were tipped off that this was a 100% EV by the lack of an exhaust pipe. To be sure they waited till the test driver took off to confirm that there is indeed no gasoline engine in this car.
Will BMW bring an EV version of the current X1 or are they already testing the technology for the next generation X1? Since they also have i3 test mules running around we guess they don't need to test the soon to be released i3 technology in other types of cars.
Toyota has an EV version of the Rav4 in the works together with technology from Tesla so it might be that BMW wants to have a compact SAV EV to sell in the same space.
We will keep you updated as soon as we got some more news about this all electric BMW X1.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- 330 I cranks, but wont start
- Help jerking/banging while cruising after jb4 install
- Bmw 335i coupe part broke off
- Buying 2011 E90 335 xDrive
- E90 prewired for Sirius Sat Radio???
- Newbie here
- battery replacement
- Filled with 94 gas instead of 91...
- I think you're rich
- 323i N52 euro specs. Sliver/Black covers