Don't let the hybrid stickers fool you, this is a 100% electric X1 SAV. It was spied winter testing just recently. Our spy photographers were tipped off that this was a 100% EV by the lack of an exhaust pipe. To be sure they waited till the test driver took off to confirm that there is indeed no gasoline engine in this car.
Will BMW bring an EV version of the current X1 or are they already testing the technology for the next generation X1? Since they also have i3 test mules running around we guess they don't need to test the soon to be released i3 technology in other types of cars.
Toyota has an EV version of the Rav4 in the works together with technology from Tesla so it might be that BMW wants to have a compact SAV EV to sell in the same space.
We will keep you updated as soon as we got some more news about this all electric BMW X1.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- HELP! Any luck with goodwill for misdiagnosis?
- Private Sale, Dealing With Prospective Buyers
- Engine Malfunction at WOT
- Saturday Surprise in Californ-i-a
- Maintaining underhood/oil temperatures.
- E90 Now mine! But a few problems
- Lower steering shaft replacement
- Houston Roads 2 Pirelli PZero run flats 0