Don't let the hybrid stickers fool you, this is a 100% electric X1 SAV. It was spied winter testing just recently. Our spy photographers were tipped off that this was a 100% EV by the lack of an exhaust pipe. To be sure they waited till the test driver took off to confirm that there is indeed no gasoline engine in this car.
Will BMW bring an EV version of the current X1 or are they already testing the technology for the next generation X1? Since they also have i3 test mules running around we guess they don't need to test the soon to be released i3 technology in other types of cars.
Toyota has an EV version of the Rav4 in the works together with technology from Tesla so it might be that BMW wants to have a compact SAV EV to sell in the same space.
We will keep you updated as soon as we got some more news about this all electric BMW X1.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Manufacturers Now Locking In HIGH PRICES
- How do I get a copy of extended warranty prior to purchase?!
- Grinding noise coming from dash
- Backup camera malfunction
- Your 335d & 335i engine oil consumption
- Extended warranty for 2011 BMW 328i Sedan
- Jack - 2008 328i
- Worst mods
- Left my moon roof angled open over night and it rained...
- 2011 335i (N55) Cobb drivability issues