Member Spotlight: My First BMW 3 Series F30 M Sport Delivered!

by Bimmerfest.com Member - ccie6746 on April 15, 2013, 12:54 am
After 13 years of driving a BMW I purchased my first 3-Series. The F30 M Sport 335i Sedan in Arctic White/Black interior. Comparing this to the 5 Series I typically drove all those years its the spirited handling and athletic stance with fun acceleration that made the choice for me. While I may feel too old for a car like this, driving it makes me feel younger again for sure !

I have already replaced the chrome grills up front with black versions and replaced the orange turn signals up front with hidden chrome bulbs to clean it up. Further I went with white reflectors in lieu of the factory orange again cleaning things up and replaced all courtesy, door, and license plate LED's with upgraded versions from Bimmian.com and the outcome is staggering ! Finishing up with a carbon fiber interior kit to take away that boring flat black on flat black look with some fiber contrast around all the controls.

Has anyone tried out any of the tuner harness kits or other horsepower bolt ons ?? I like idea of 60hp from harness bolt on that can be removed and factory computer changes still un-intrusive. Curious to hear from real people vs marketing exec's to hear how these upgrades make the F30 sound and feel ?? These asthetics are all I have done, not even touched an air cleaner yet, looking for advice or direction from bimmerfest forums up front.

Thanks in advance !!
2013 F30 335i M-Sport Arctic White w/19" M Wheels

Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.

12 responses to Member Spotlight: My First BMW 3 Series F30 M Sport Delivered!

bhavik commented:
April 15, 2013, 5:15 am

your car looks amazing, congrates
i have an msport in black, same rims. we do not have those side reflectors in SA, only the rear ones.
dont think a black grill will look that great on the black, as the silver breaks up the colours and picks up the car!

enjoy the new car, im loving mine
smartas commented:
April 15, 2013, 5:25 am

Check out Dinan for performance mods. They match your factory warranty and often an actual BMW dealership will even add the software for you.
bhavik commented:
April 15, 2013, 5:33 am

thanks for that
will def check them out
mdsbuc commented:
April 15, 2013, 5:53 am

Congrats! The car looks very sweet. My last bimmer was a 5er also, an E60. The new F30 seems the perfect replacement for that car. Enjoy the new ride!
krash commented:
April 15, 2013, 7:38 am

Very nice! Congratulations!
328 M Sport commented:
April 15, 2013, 8:40 am

SWEET!! Congrats! Love white also; hard choice between that and the Estoril Blue I. I too am lovin my 328 M Sport. Awesome machines!
vern commented:
April 15, 2013, 8:50 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsbuc View Post
. My last bimmer was a 5er also, an E60. The new F30 seems the perfect replacement for that car.
+ 1 My last E60 was MY 2010. The ONLY thing I miss is the confort seats and the tip up steering wheel.
OP nice congrats.
cheers
vern
mdsbuc commented:
April 15, 2013, 11:04 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by vern View Post
+ 1 My last E60 was MY 2010. The ONLY thing I miss is the confort seats and the tip up steering wheel.
OP nice congrats.
cheers
vern
Two things that I will miss as well, but being able to keep the traditional BMW "driver's feel" makes it all worthwhile for me. The F10 could just not do that for me.
HokieXDriver commented:
April 15, 2013, 5:35 pm

Nice car. I ordered the same with red seats - now at Bremerhaven.

Is Arctic white the same as Alpine white or is it a metallic finish?
ccie6746 commented:
April 18, 2013, 3:08 pm

My bad, Its Alpine White, not the Arctic White I saw on another vehicle when typing this Alpine White/Black Interior. I would have ordered the blue stripe on the dash had I ordered the car but it came this way. The bimmian carbon fibre dash treatment is killer ! I love it.
BiiGB commented:
April 18, 2013, 9:08 pm

Looks great! I love the Alpine White. Really shows off the M Sport bumper well. Would have probably gone that direction, but I've been driving a white car now for the past 10 years. So, was time for a change. Enjoy your new ride!
bringonthenite commented:
April 18, 2013, 9:12 pm

Congrats. Nice ride!!