The all electric BMW i3 will go on sale in Europe with a starting price of £35,000, which translates roughly to $53,500 USD. The all electric i3 can travel 80 to 100 miles on a full charge. Customer with 'range anxiety' can opt for the range extender variant which adds a 650cc electric generator extending the range another 80 to 100 miles. The range extender i3 will start at £38,000 or roughly $58,000 USD. The US price are before any subsides or credit of course.
Ordering for European customers opens in July with production vehicles arriving in dealership in October. US customers will have to wait until at least February of 2014 before having the option to order your own electric BMW i3. The exact pricing and options for US customers will come out at the end of 2013.
Following on the heels of the i3 the BMW i8 super coupe will arrive in Europe in 2014 with a price tag around £100,000, which converts to roughly $153,000 USD. The super car from BMW will also be made out of carbon fiber but sport a hybrid drivetrain. A turbo 3 cylinder engine from BMW's new engine family will be coupled to an electric motor. The motor will provide 100% torque off the line while the 3 cylinder engine and a large turbo will provide the power up top. 0-60 times is reported to be 4.9 seconds while getting 100+ miles per gallon!
Stay tuned for more details as they are released!
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Kreissieg F1 amazing sound
- 2010 328i Sedan Problem. ODBII P1775 Code + Amber ABS/DSC/SES/BRAKE Lights On
- Checking mechanical conditon of a BMW.
- Rain Sensor and FZD problem
- Cruise control issue with manual trans
- Idling hick-ups
- Front wheel tracking all over the road...suspension or tyres?
- rattle in dashboard when cold....how to access behind dash?
- Custom Stereo Installation on 2008 BMW 335i Convertible
- P0335 code !!! PLEASE HELP