We catch the F80 M3 testing on the Nurbrugring. We've seen the F80 M3 sedan and the F82 M4 coupe testing in the past but this video gives us the best sense of what the next generation M3 is going to sound like.
The M3/M4 will be powered by an S55 engine derived from the N54/N55 architecture. With twin turbo chargers horsepower should be in the 420-430 hp range with 400 ft-lbs of torque on tap. Previous generation M3 owners should be excited about this massive torque increase, an area where the M3 has always been weak.
Other areas to get excited about the next gen F80 M3 and F82 M4
- Light weight - E46 M3 territory, lighter then the E9x M3.
- More power - Not a huge jump in horsepower but 100+ in torque
- More fuel efficient - ok, maybe that isn't that exciting
- Electric power steering - Don't worry this has been worked over from the F30 to have more feeling
- Front bumper - M6 styling with air curtain and air breather vents
- Hood - Power dome, an iconic M3 feature from the E46 M3 continues.
- Tires - We're getting some quality rubber on the M3/M4 shoes. Prototypes have been spotted with Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 255/35/19 up front and 275/35/19 in the rear
Stay tuned, we'll have more details coming soon as we near closer to the F80 M3 and F82 M4 concept release date.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Cayman S 1st Impression
- Just bought a 2009 328i 2 door and was wondering what package it is?
- Snow tires
- VIDEO - 2011 328xi High pitched noise, CEL, shakey RPM needs
- High-pitched interior noise
- Alignment issues; worn struts?
- Cooling System & Auto Box Capacity
- Dealer tire rip-off
- 2009 328xi xenon low beam bulb part #
- Stuck on my RB PCV install