White BMW rams bicyclist head on in road rage incident in Beverly Hills

by Bimmerfest.com Member - KnowledgeMC on April 23, 2013, 6:58 pm

Quote:
Police in Beverly Hills are asking the public to help identify an alleged "road rage" motorist who deliberately rammed his vehicle into a bicyclist. In the ensuing confrontation, the bicyclist happened to punch the driver in question right in the face.

The Beverly Hills Police Department said in a release that the suspect they're looking for is a Middle Eastern or white man in his mid-30s with dark hair, dark eyes, and a thin build. He was seen driving a 2008 white BMW 328i the evening of Wednesday, April 3 in the 9000 block of Wilshire Boulevard between Wetherly Drive and Almont Drive.
http://laist.com/2013/04/23/road_rag...dly_rammed.php

Maybe this belongs in the E90 forum, but I just saw this crazy video and wanted to share with you guys.

This guy is CRAZY!

Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.

23 responses to White BMW rams bicyclist head on in road rage incident in Beverly Hills

408Racer commented:
April 23, 2013, 7:20 pm

No apparent headlight damage but the cyclist got to keep the E90's driver side mirror as a souvenir.
sr5959 commented:
April 23, 2013, 7:22 pm

I probably shouldn't but I find this video hilarious!
SuperTerp commented:
April 23, 2013, 7:37 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5959 View Post
I probably shouldn't but I find this video hilarious!
lol it was just odd.

I thought it would be a biker being a D* and the guy just getting fed up and taking him out.
KnowledgeMC commented:
April 23, 2013, 7:39 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408racer View Post
no apparent headlight damage but the cyclist got to keep the e90's driver side mirror as a souvenir.
lol!
KnowledgeMC commented:
April 23, 2013, 7:41 pm

This was posted as a comment on this video on another forum. I found it funny!

Originally Posted by buildbright
Wow... I dont know what worst the fact he tried to kill someone on a bicycle with his BMW or the fact he cant even kill someone on a bicycle with his BMW.
408Racer commented:
April 23, 2013, 7:43 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
I thought it would be a biker being a D* and the guy just getting fed up and taking him out.
Haha...that was my impression as well. Did the driver see the cyclist pointing and laughing at his car's pre-LCI tail lights?
408Racer commented:
April 23, 2013, 7:58 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowledgeMC View Post
This was posted as a comment on this video on another forum. I found it funny!

Originally Posted by buildbright
Wow... I dont know what worst the fact he tried to kill someone on a bicycle with his BMW or the fact he cant even kill someone on a bicycle with his BMW.
Ahahahaha! E90 driver had perfectly accurate steering but his engine did not have enough torque.
sr5959 commented:
April 23, 2013, 8:00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408racer View Post
ahahahaha! E90 driver had perfectly accurate steering but his engine did not have enough torque.
:d:d:d
av98 commented:
April 23, 2013, 8:15 pm

E9x, see it causes road rage from driving it. Lol
Byron Walter commented:
April 23, 2013, 11:46 pm

I certainly don't see anything 'humorous' about a motorist attempting to kill a cyclist... I've biked over most of the States and have had several attempts to 'take me out' while cycling. I've had a couple of friends that were cyclists that were killed by motorists. One of the cyclists was a pediatrician on his way to work. This is serious stuff and I hope the driver is caught and charged.
tim330i commented:
April 24, 2013, 9:32 am

Apparently the biker punched the BMW driver first. Then the above happened. Doesn't make it right but does change the situation.

Tim
chris328 commented:
April 24, 2013, 9:43 am

looks like he kind of messed up his front end missing the biker and hitting that dumpster. one thing i know is it must suck to have an old alpine white e90 328 driving around beverly hills, might as well be a ford taurus wagon.
ktula commented:
April 24, 2013, 4:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
Apparently the biker punched the BMW driver first. Then the above happened. Doesn't make it right but does change the situation.

Tim
If the article is describing what exactly happened, the cyclist punched the driver in the face after (ensuing) the confrontation. I assume the confrontation means the driver intentionally ramming his car into the cyclist.
furby076 commented:
April 24, 2013, 4:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post

Tim
The driver was 100% wrong and should go to jail if caught.

The cyclist should also go to jail for assault.

Both will sue, the cyclist will win.

The only alternate answer is if the driver felt his life was in danger (e.g., the cyclist had a gun) - but if it's not on video and the cyclist doesn't have a gun then no dice.
tim330i commented:
April 24, 2013, 4:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktula View Post
If the article is describing what exactly happened, the cyclist punched the driver in the face after (ensuing) the confrontation. I assume the confrontation means the driver intentionally ramming his car into the cyclist.
Conflicting reports. KTLA's article says their was a fight first.

Quote:
The bicyclist told police the incident was the result of a fight that occurred earlier between the two of them.
http://ktla.com/2013/04/24/beverly-h...#axzz2RPjt6cSM
ktula commented:
April 24, 2013, 4:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Walter View Post
I certainly don't see anything 'humorous' about a motorist attempting to kill a cyclist... I've biked over most of the States and have had several attempts to 'take me out' while cycling. I've had a couple of friends that were cyclists that were killed by motorists. One of the cyclists was a pediatrician on his way to work. This is serious stuff and I hope the driver is caught and charged.
Exactly. I don't find it humorous about a motorist trying to kill a cyclist. As an avid cyclist, i have had several close calls, including someone, as witnessed by my wife who was riding about 100 yards behind me, in a car attempted to put some kind of a pole through my rear wheel as i was going at about 25 MPH. I was riding too far inside the shoulder for that jerk to really mess up my day!
ductman commented:
April 25, 2013, 8:09 am

Is this because someone called your vehicle an entry level luxury vehicle or because you purchased and didn't lease, or someone threatened your trophy wife. Come on, fess up !
Or far worse, YOUR CAR IS NOT A STATUS SYMBOL !!
http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/excur...beverly-hills/
Jamesonsviggen commented:
April 25, 2013, 9:29 am

Already a topic posted on this. Car is an E90 anyway. F-
OBS3SSION commented:
April 25, 2013, 9:55 am

Both are in the wrong. Both should face the consequences of their actions. Two wrongs do not make a right.

The cyclist allegedly is guilty of assault. The driver is allegedly guilty of attempted murder with a deadly weapon (the weapon being the car.)

Our f***ed up US legal system will make sure what should happen doesn't. And our f***ed up society will continue to produce entitled, pompous asses who do s**t like this.

Cyclist should be convicted of assault, and the driver should be convicted of attempted murder. Both should suffer the consequences of their actions.
Saintor commented:
April 25, 2013, 11:07 am

How can they make sure that it isn't a 2007. Wheels design? Can't barely see them.
LvdB commented:
April 25, 2013, 2:53 pm

Around here this bimmer driver would have been perceived as the victim - my initial impression of the clip was vehicle hijacking
...sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ductman View Post
...Or far worse, YOUR CAR IS NOT A STATUS SYMBOL !!
Not me! - well, not yet!
This guy sure has some form of status after this stunt!
furby076 commented:
April 25, 2013, 3:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ductman View Post
Or far worse, YOUR CAR IS NOT A STATUS SYMBOL !!
All the girls who liked me even more, once they saw the car, disagree. I was talking to one of my managers, last night, about my ED. It was a noisy setting and when i said 335 m-sport he thought I said M. His words "BALLER!". The guy makes at least 25% more than me.

Guess what, these cars are expensive and are impressive and do convey status. As much as the guy who was driving the yellow lambo I saw last night, hell no, but status none-the-less.
Leslierc commented:
April 25, 2013, 4:19 pm

Someone who uses a car to intentionally cause physical and personal harm to another individual is is an animal. Rage to that extent is barbaric. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior.