The all electric BMW i3 goes on sale in Europe in July with production vehicles hitting Euro showrooms in October. Euro pricing converted to USD sets the start price at $53,500 before credits and tax deductions. US customers will have to wait until 2014 to order and get their new BMW i3. In the mean time autoevolution has snapped these spy pictures showing the production i3 roof line and paint.
Captured in BMW i3 exclusive Solar Orange metallic this i3 test mule just came off the almost completed production line in Leipzig (first pictures of i3 production line). If you look closely this test mule is nearly a production car. It has complete headlights, tail lights and body. BMW is out fine tuning driving dynamics and other details before they flip the switch and start cranking out i3s.
I think it looks grown up over the prototypes and I can't wait to see it in the final carbon fiber skin. Does seeing the i3 in near production form change your opinion of the car?
More pictures and details at autoevolution.com
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- (SoCal) E93 Pre-lci M3 Style Front Bumper-NEW
- How do I learn to use paddle shift?
- DYNAVIN N6 Multimedia GPS System, New for mid-2014....OFFICIAL THREAD>>>>
- 2008 M3 DCT vs 2007 328i vs 2009 335i
- Need advise with lowering my E90 xi
- 2in pothole
- Inexpensive Chrome Tip mod
- The Tire Eater
- 328xi transmission problems